JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is laughable to think that bunch of social justice miscreants can 'tell' anyone what they can or cannot do….as if wearing the nicolaitan apparel affords one a higher moral authority over the lives and property of others.
I agree, but some church leader voices can carry extra weight in some peoples lives and this LEVO group in particular seems to be an example of that. Maybe they will fail for a third time to get these on the ballot but I would rather not take any chances or make it any easier for them.

It is laughable to think that bunch of social justice miscreants can 'tell' anyone what they can or cannot do….as if wearing the nicolaitan apparel affords one a higher moral authority over the lives and property of others.
False prophet, devote servant of Ol'Scratch hisself! This self appointed Higher Moral Authority has inserted hisself in a position of power NO man has a right to, NONE! That he defies the word, corrupts and perverts it is proof enough for any to see, except those beguiled and smitten by his serpents tongue!

Is there no one Oregon state organization we can put our support behind for this?
OSSA? (not till Wayne's gone)
OFF? (loose cannon)
OGO?

Second Amendment Foundation is the only place I can think of to send money to, but it seems like there should be an organization who can lead Oregon from within. Like the New York Rifle and Pistol Assoc. is leading for N.Y.
There are times when I wish that SAF would expand into a Oregon or at least sponsor an Oregon chapter. I like Kevin Starrett, but he is basically a one man shop.

Just a reminder that many retailers have loyalty programs that will donate a portion of what you spend that includes SAF and OFF. My Amazon Smile account supports SAF and my Fred Meyer/Kroger rewards program donates to OFF. Gave me a an especially warm fuzzy when I bought a new press and some dies on Amazon this AM knowing that SAF got a small donation. It adds up.

My feeling is this has to be opposed by the people. The LEVO group is going to use their connections to churches to bolster the support for these Acts, along with all the usual gun hating suspects. Opponents of these Acts will have to leave their comfort zones if we are going to have a chance at defeating them. This means bringing it up with neighbors, friends, coworkers and whoever else will listen.

It's unfortunate that the FFLs don't have a lobby group in this State but as customers of the FFLs we can request that they look into the IPs and actively oppose them. I think many FFLs are reluctant to get political but in the case of IP17 and IP18 I think it would serve them to make an exception.

Some voices will carry more weight than others. It would be great if poor folks, more women and minorities would step up and speak out publicly about these Acts.

If these Acts make it on the ballot and you have the money to spend, consider going in with a few friends and buying a spot for an argument opposing the Act in the Voters Pamphlet. If you don't have the money but have 500 friends who will sign a petition, then you can get a free spot for the argument:

Measure Arguments

Any person or organization may file arguments in favor of, or in opposition to, a measure on the ballot by purchasing space for $1,200 or by submitting a petition signed by 500 voters. Arguments in favor of a measure appear first, followed by arguments in opposition to the measure, and are printed in a random order within each category.

There are many things we can do as individuals and in small groups to oppose these Acts. But like I mentioned earlier it may be out of peoples comfort zones.
We have to undo decades of brain washing in a few months. No easy way to do that, and it's at best a long shot. Likely people will politely listen and nod their heads while they mentally review their shopping list. Either that, or in typical metro fashion start foaming at the mouth and call you a baby killer.

Totally open to ideas on how to best go about it - voter education is the only way to win.

False prophet, devote servant of Ol'Scratch hisself! This self appointed Higher Moral Authority has inserted hisself in a position of power NO man has a right to, NONE! That he defies the word, corrupts and perverts it is proof enough for any to see, except those beguiled and smitten by his serpents tongue!
He's being used at multiple levels, but the Big Guy as always holds all the cards. Won't elaborate more outside of a PM due to CoC/taking this important thread off topic.

We have to undo decades of brain washing in a few months. No easy way to do that, and it's at best a long shot. Likely people will politely listen and nod their heads while they mentally review their shopping list. Either that, or in typical metro fashion start foaming at the mouth and call you a baby killer.

Totally open to ideas on how to best go about it - voter education is the only way to win.
It's going to be an uphill battle for sure but I don't think we have ever made a really strong opposition effort. The Defend The 2nd Rally was great maybe we need to do that again. The FAQ page will be a good start and the cost should be very low.

A raffle of a manual loading AR15 or an identical looking semi-auto AR15 would be cool. The AR15 raffles seem to frequently get media attention. Offering both options of manually loading vs semi-auto would help to bring attention to the absurdity of the ban.

Bad, it's all bad. We, yes we need to be more welcoming to new armed citizens. We all need to stop gatekeeping and work together. Fuds, traitors and pussies… there are lots of them. But any idiot even a useful one can serve a purpose. Hell, I'm sure I'm one of them. But for my son, my daughter I'm going to fight more intelligently than I have in the past. I'm no strategist, just a laborer. And I'm sure my grammatical errors state as much. Embrace the newbies, you don't have to correct everything, you don't have to know everything about every gun made to fight the hood fight! With that good night.

If IP18 passes and you register a banned rifle but then convert it to a compliant rifle, will you be able to transfer it through an FFL or will it come up as a banned firearm?

A raffle of a manual loading AR15 or an identical looking semi-auto AR15 would be cool. The AR15 raffles seem to frequently get media attention. Offering both options of manually loading vs semi-auto would help to bring attention to the absurdity of the ban.
If going that route, raffle off the AR along with another Semi in 223 that is functionally the same but blued steel and wood. Just like city folk will go vegan to save the cute animals (ignoring all the mice, worms, etc., that get killed when the field for their vegan dinner gets plowed) they will be more receptive to "that looks a lot like dad's/grandpa's/my/my brother's hunting rifle! Maybe I should look into this a bit more.".

We have to change the optics of the AR owner from the nutcase threat portrayed by media, politicians, and movies to your Dad, buddy, or next door neighbor.

Perhaps showing the use of an AR against predators by a rancher to protect his herd or flock? Not in action, but just an explanation of why it's the most popular rifle for that purpose.

Perhaps explaining that those "skeery" features really do that make the rifle safer and more accessible:
  • The "barrel shroud" is just the hand guard. Like all the rest it helps you to safely hold and fire the rifle without burning your hands.
  • The pistol grip makes the rifle more accessible to the infirm and disabled and allows all shooters more accurate hence safer operation.
  • The "telescoping stock" is simply an adjustable stock that allows the proper fitting of shooters of all shapes and ages therefore making the rifle safer to hold and operate.
Also, point out the low incidence of these rifles in crime and compare them to blunt instruments, knives, etc.. and compare to actual use by people defending their homes and lives.

The people we need to reach tend to use emotion as a driving factor in decision making. Logic and facts are often ignored. We need to keep this in mind as we deliver the message.

Last Edited:
I will gladly pay $1200 out of my own pocket to put an "against" statement in the voter pamphlet. When the time draws closer if anyone wants to split that cost let me know. If we got enough people to pair into groups, say 100 people - split into groups of 10, we could flood the pamphlet with against statements for $120/person.

It's going to be an uphill battle for sure but I don't think we have ever made a really strong opposition effort. The Defend The 2nd Rally was great maybe we need to do that again. The FAQ page will be a good start and the cost should be very low.
Are our Oregon State Capitol "grounds" off limits to citizens with firearms now, or is that just the actual building? What about the steps of out Capitol building?

Deceiver - definition

de·ceive (dĭ-sēv′) v. de·ceived, de·ceiv·ing, de·ceives v.tr. 1. To cause to believe what is not true; mislead. 2. Archaic To catch by guile; ensnare. v.intr. 1. To practice deceit. 2. To give a false impression: appearances can deceive. [Middle English deceiven, from Old French deceveir, from Vulgar Latin *dēcipēre, from Latin dēcipere, to ...

Are our Oregon State Capitol "grounds" off limits to citizens with firearms now, or is that just the actual building? What about the steps of out Capitol building?
My understanding is that the grounds were included but I am not 100% on that. A rally would could take place anywhere since lawmakers are not the target audience.

I will gladly pay $1200 out of my own pocket to put an "against" statement in the voter pamphlet. When the time draws closer if anyone wants to split that cost let me know. If we got enough people to pair into groups, say 100 people - split into groups of 10, we could flood the pamphlet with against statements for $120/person.
I was thinking about the $1200 price and it seemed outrageous at first but after giving it more thought I don't think it's a horrible deal. In 2020 Oregon had close to 3 million registered voters. Imagine what the cost would be to send a one sided postcard to those voters$$$. The $1200 price tag will hopefully dissuade some fruitloops from sending in their arguments.

The 500 voter petition requirement for a free spot in the pamphlet doesn't seem that unreasonable either. It amounts to .016% of the registered voters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top