JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a (very casual) collector and just recently tried purchasing a bayonet from Apex Gun Parts, but got denied. Was wondering if there was something in the law I missed or if Apex is just of the mind that WA is more trouble than it's worth?

I'm a (very casual) collector and just recently tried purchasing a bayonet from Apex Gun Parts, but got denied. Was wondering if there was something in the law I missed or if Apex is just of the mind that WA is more trouble than it's worth?
Did you call Apex and ask why it was denied?

No ,Bayonets are not named under Washington's dumbazz law.
However...the wording of the dumbazz Washington law is vague in regards to "Parts".
So....this may be a CYA on the part of Apex.
Andy
Actually, Washington state seems to forbid the possession of bayonets, (wait for it) by law enforcement agencies.:s0001: link

As far as civilian possession I think your correct about the gun "Parts" concept.

Actually, Washington state seems to forbid the possession of bayonets, (wait for it) by law enforcement agencies.:s0001: link

As far as civilian possession I think your correct about the gun "Parts" concept.
Well...I did mention the term "dumazz" in regards to Washington's laws.... :D

Thanks for that link....interesting read for sure.
Andy

Did you call Apex and ask why it was denied?
No. It was one of those Turkish M5 bayonets with the aluminum scales. Nothing special, I just thought it was unique and wanted one. I put one in the cart just to see what shipping would cost and got this:

"Due to the restrictions for your State/City/Region we are unable to ship a product in your shopping cart to the shipping address you provided. Please remove any restricted items from your cart and proceed with your order or give our Customer Service Department a call at (719) 481-2050"

I might call if I was desperate, but there's other places that sell these.

Seems like they could have come up with some better terminology for what they're banning. The law concludes with basically saying "agencies can still buy military equipment as long as it's not military equipment". As Andy54Hawken says.... dumazz indeed.

I like the Swiss 1918 bayonet. When reversed in the hand it reaches your elbow which was the old standard for proper length stabbers (a little over 11" blade). I also like the 1889/92 which is neat poker but don't own one. With a frog you can carry the 1918 comfortably on your belt.
DE74B264-EDEC-4BB5-B01E-4E803B401643.jpeg

C809C712-228A-4586-AA4C-A9C3A05E9150.jpeg

Last Edited:
Bayonets....
They do make for an excellent crowd control / dispersal item.
A phalanx or wedge shape formation of troops with fixed bayonets ....
Moving towards your position all yelling out Go Away....will get your attention for sure....:D
Andy

You just need to fill out form 4077-PD and cross out "finger nail clippers" then write "bayonet" directly above it in black ink.
Many years ago I saw a tutorial on how to "legally" add a bayonet back on to one of those Norinco SKS's. The fella cut the spike off and welded a bottle opener to it. Never found out how many dogs he lost or how many years he did.

I like the Swiss 1918 bayonet. When reversed in the hand it reaches your elbow which was the old standard for proper length stabbers (a little over 11" blade). I also like the 1889/92 which is neat poker but don't own one. With a frog you can carry the 1918 comfortably on your belt.
I like them because, like that K31 it's attached to, most things Swiss are near works of art. Sadly for me, priced accordingly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top