JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was there, exactly the same....

1632335189629.png

It wouldn't surprise me if it did pass. They have plenty of time for signature gathering too and media on their side.
We would have to fight it on the ballot title and tie it up, otherwise if it goes up as "banning of assault weapons and high capacity magazines" it'll pass so fast we won't even know what hit us. Then we'll get to see all the "blood of tyrants" rants here from the folks who didn't vote that'll do absolutely nothing.

All of us here including myself should do everything we can including donations or you can kiss your gun rights goodbye if it goes up for vote.

To answer your question: if it passes I'll move away from Oregon.

This sentence is part of both:
Exceptions exist for military and law enforcement purposes.

I am so incredibly tired of people pushing one set of rules for civilians and a whole other set for LEO's.

I cannot understand the dissonance needed to say that a cop in a violent altercation may need 11+ rounds on tap but a civilian being similarly assaulted only needs 10 at most.

This is the same political side that thinks the militarized police force is a bad thing and serious reforms are needed because cops are too quick to use deadly force…right?

Along with safer owners, IP17 also provides for safer, less lethal ammunition, by banning the sale, purchase, manufacture, or possession of large-capacity magazines.

Yep, you read that right…ammo is safer and less lethal when it's in smaller mags :rolleyes:. Good God I hope they never start studying terminal ballistics.

My permanent address will change to a different state where I will store all my then unlawful possessions. Probably SBR my black guns anyway. Anybody know if "SUKTHIS" has already been taken as a NFA trust name? What's cool is that I will no longer pay Oregon Income tax. When my medical stuff holding me here is complete I'm going to jet. Much as I love it here the cost of living is rising as fast as the crime rate.

In the mean time I'm going to educate as many as possible and make sure they understand the detrimental impact to themselves. Bottom line, though, is they will get the future they vote for.

I've already done it. I'm sick of these commies in Oregon. I've sold my house in Salem (closes Oct. 7,) and already bought for CASH a home in Tennessee.

Constitutional carry. Don't need permission or paperwork to buy/sell guns between private parties. Easy land use planning laws. In other words, FREEDOM.

Here's a pic of my new digs in a town of just 600 people. It's only 14 miles to the county seat of 8,000 people which has a good hospital/doctor clinic and GASP, a Walmart Supercenter!

Here's a pic of my new digs:

Gates Tn 70 Mill St.jpg

Last Edited:
I've already done it. I'm sick of these commies in Oregon. I've sold my house in Salem (closes Oct. 7,) and already bought for CASH a home in Tennessee.

Constitutional carry. Don't need permission or paperwork to buy/sell guns between private parties. Easy land use planning laws. In other words, FREEDOM.

Here's a pic of my new digs in a town of just 600 people. It's only 14 miles to the county seat of 8,000 people which has a good hospital/doctor clinic and GASP, a Walmart Supercenter!

Here's a pic of my new digs:

View attachment 1037121
Nicely done!

"…IP17 also provides for safer, less lethal ammunition, by banning the sale, purchase, manufacture, or possession of large-capacity magazines"

Just how do these magical smaller capacity magazines neutralize the lethality of the rounds they contain?

My dog has a higher IQ then these folks do…. Lord help us, we've passed the gate of no return, the inmates are trying to run the asylum!!!!

Sadly, if it gets on the ballot it will almost certainly pass. I'm not convinced we have the votes to stop such legislation at this juncture. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but the election results in this state in recent years don't favor a victory for our side. (And I'd add the rural areas have been routinely screwed by Salem for decades now and I don't see how that is going to change.)

I'll continue to donate generously to the various pro-2A organizations, both state and national level, that we support. I've never missed casting a ballot and I will vote in 2022; against these pieces of crap bills if it makes it on and for the most pro-freedom candidates running. But I am under no illusion the majority of other Oregonians will do the same.

We do have the Ninth Circus ruling that invalidated some of California's obnoxious laws, including the magazine ban. How that all is going to play out remains to be seen.

What will I do if it passes? Take whatever mitigation steps is necessary in the short term and bailing from Oregon in the long term. We had already planned a relocation for 2020, but that year was disastrous on many fronts, and it was delayed. I've markedly cooled on the idea, for various reasons, but my better half is still very much gung-ho for the plan. This development, however, is a strong argument in favor of forward movement on the project. I'll deeply miss Oregon, but that reality is the madness that has taken hold here won't likely ever change within my lifetime. As to where? Arizona has been our plan for a while, but I wouldn't rule out Nevada or Florida, for different reasons. (There is also a possibility of Puerto Rico due to a project I'm working on that is in the embryotic stages. However, while I, generally, like working with folks there, a relocation to said is much farther afield.)

All that said, I wonder if it is time for some of us to reach out to the various pro-2A groups (e.g., NRA, SAF, ASA, OOC, et al.) and see how we can focus our resources.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top