JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"VRAP"? o_O

Since this has come to the top again......Joe, did you take away the option to click on the image and have it enlarge to original size? Having that option was a great way to get a REALLY close look, at say, a fire arm on the classifieds.

Nope! It actually opens in a lightbox now, which is enlarged to fit the size of your screen. Any image over 685px will do this (most images), just click it. It just doesn't say 'click to view full size' anymore.

Nope! It actually opens in a lightbox now, which is enlarged to fit the size of your screen. Any image over 685px will do this (most images), just click it. It just doesn't say 'click to view full size' anymore.

I've been clicking and the "Light Box?", and the photo(s) comes up in a black box with arrows on either side and an X in the top right. Those photos are sometimes even smaller than on the page, but I've never seen them larger when in that box. I haven't posted a pic in some time so I don't know what things have changed.

I've been clicking and the "Light Box?", and the photo(s) comes up in a black box with arrows on either side and an X in the top right. Those photos are sometimes even smaller than on the page, but I've never seen them larger when in that box. I haven't posted a pic in some time so I don't know what things have changed.

Can you send me a link to the images you're referring to?

Testing.

Hope this is the right place.

160207_0005ss.jpg

Can you send me a link to the images you're referring to?

Aw heck Joe! It's most of them. The post just above this one, when I click on it it doesn't enlarge. Most the time it doesn't matter, just if you need to see some REAL detail like on a WTS ad.

P1030497.JPG

Okay, I put this pic up and there is no longer a way to view it in full size, and there use to be. As far as I know anyway. I'm kinda computer stoopid!

Aw heck Joe! It's most of them. The post just above this one, when I click on it it doesn't enlarge. Most the time it doesn't matter, just if you need to see some REAL detail like on a WTS ad.

View attachment 278126

Okay, I put this pic up and there is no longer a way to view it in full size, and there use to be. As far as I know anyway. I'm kinda computer stoopid!

Heh some of this can be a little tricky.

When the lightbox pops up, click the arrow next to the X in the top right corner. That should display it in full size. Let me know either way!

Okay, that did it to my photo, thanks. Now if people would use full sized pics in their ads and elsewhere that I'd like to really study close up.

Okay, that did it to my photo, thanks. Now if people would use full sized pics in their ads and elsewhere that I'd like to really study close up.

Give it a try around the site. I think most pics people post are posted full size :)

When the lightbox pops up, click the arrow next to the X in the top right corner. That should display it in full size. Let me know either way!

Kind of confusing when the description that pops up over the arrow when you hover over it is "open in new window", rather then "show in full/original size". It gave me the impression that it was just going to open the same photo in a new window, and had nothing to do with the size. But maybe that's just me.

Sounds like I should change that to reflect the larger size as well, thanks for the suggestion!

On my iPhone it's awesome!!!

It opens a new window if I click on a pic and then I can zoom in as far as I want.

Also, I just noticed that it will let me select multiple photos to upload all at once instead of one at a time so big KUDOS on getting that set up.;)

Sites working great for me right now:)

On my iPhone it's awesome!!!

It opens a new window if I click on a pic and then I can zoom in as far as I want.

Also, I just noticed that it will let me select multiple photos to upload all at once instead of one at a time so big KUDOS on getting that set up.;)

Sites working great for me right now:)

Great to hear! That's the goal :D

Let me know if you find anymore issues (that goes for everyone).

Getting to one place, and then, STAYING THE SAME for awhile. As I get older, and I'm only 60, I just want things to stay the same, learning new/changing stuff is tough on this guy. :)

Getting to one place, and then, STAYING THE SAME for awhile. As I get older, and I'm only 60, I just want things to stay the same, learning new/changing stuff is tough on this guy. :)

I'm hoping once we have everything established we won't have to change it for a long, long time :D

Now that we've made the jump to V3 we're going to begin working on various site improvements, bug fixes, etc. The most frequently asked support questions pertain images and video, so it's near the top of our list. We're looking at various options to improve both the process for uploading/attaching/embedding and also the way these items are displayed.

I'd like to hear any feedback you might have, especially pros and cons of our system or others you have used on other sites. Please remember to note whether you usually view the site on a computer, tablet, or phone.

I'll post some examples below to give you an idea of current behavior and display. It's clear we need to choose an option and standardize all methods of behavior and display.

Feel free to post your own images here for testing.
Hi Joe. My problem comes in trying to upload image/file to my classified post. I use the Upload a file button and get to the point of having the thumbnails show up but how do I can't get them to load to my post posting????
Thanks,
Art:)

Hi Joe. My problem comes in trying to upload image/file to my classified post. I use the Upload a file button and get to the point of having the thumbnails show up but how do I can't get them to load to my post posting????
Thanks,
Art:)

They'll automatically be inserted into the post ;)

If you'd like to position them yourself you can put the cursor where you want the image and click the thumbnail button next to the image you want to insert.

I used to store all my photos on an external site (photobucket in my case) and put them in like that. Then someone else has to pay for the hosting. Lately, your hosting has been so awesome that I've just moved to uploading my photos into my listings. My favorite part of using external hosting is that I can have text and then a photo and then text again. However, inserting photos directly (and letting you pay for the storage) is very convenient.

Test photo from i pad. I've never posted pics b4 so figure good opportunity.

Tried using upload a file button below smiley faces and didn't work.
Statues bar went to 2% and then read something like "there was a problem uploading your file"

But I haven't ever figured out how to load a photo. Single guy here with no one to help me figure it out.

Test photo from i pad. I've never posted pics b4 so figure good opportunity.

Tried using upload a file button below smiley faces and didn't work.
Statues bar went to 2% and then read something like "there was a problem uploading your file"

But I haven't ever figured out how to load a photo. Single guy here with no one to help me figure it out.

I don't know anything about how an Ipad does it, but if want Joe to see a post you've made you put the at symbol in front of his handle. Like this @Joe Link And then he gets a notification.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top