JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should moderators be eligible to participate in our fundraiser giveaways?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Non issue for me.
If I were to win something it would be put back into the pot for a new name to be drawn.

Crowd vote will be my vote.

Honestly? No. Just like any other giveaway, "employees" shouldn't be eligible. It doesn't look so good if one wins.

^. Makes sense to me. (Though the visual of you winning the Kel-tec did produce a laughing fit. :s0140:)

Non issue for me.
If I were to win something it would be put back into the pot for a new name to be drawn.

I only won once (couple's Appleseed thing) and we did exactly that. :)

Moderating can be very time consuming, thankless work, often without any real benefits to the volunteer staff. Mods here, in my opinion, do a very good job and balance their actions and let members voice their opinions as long as they remain respectful. I voted yes as recognition of that.

Honestly? No. Just like any other giveaway, "employees" shouldn't be eligible. It doesn't look so good if one wins.
I would agree if you were a paid employee?

In my opinion you paid for an upgraded service, part of that purchase is the ability to participate in the giveaways.

The giveaway is also voluntary, you have to apply your eligible to enter. So if you didn't want to apply, technically you don't even have to.

I would agree if you were a paid employee?

In my opinion you paid for an upgraded service, part of that purchase is the ability to participate in the giveaways.

The giveaway is also voluntary, you have to apply your eligible to enter. So if you didn't want to apply, technically you don't even have to.

I'm not sure the "paid" part of it really has anything to do with it.

@Joe Link as long as I am a mod here please do not enter me into the giveaways. :)

I voted yes. I was a mod on a car forum and on a gun forum too and I know it can consume a lot of time.
Having a shot at winning some goodies seems like small compensation.

I'm torn and so am abstaining from voting.

On one hand, I'd vote NO: The fundraisers are about site members, both in obtaining new members and in getting paid memberships of a repeat or higher tier. The focus is on the member base and the incentive of the raffle provided to them...I see it as a trade off, I'm going to throw money into the site because I like the site and want to support it, but I also like the chance to win stuff.

But, being a mod is a thankless job and honestly, I'd be the first to contribute a few extra bucks on my next membership round to be specifically put into a "mod pool" for use of funding a mod-only raffle (or mod+staff). Basically, where's the tip jar around here?

But, since that type of system doesn't currently exist and probably won't...this is what makes me feel compelled to vote YES.

I don't like the sound of worse odds, but I do think those guys deserve a chance like the rest of us. They've earned it more so than anyone who merely puts money down.

Winning and Kel-Tec should never be used in the same sentence...:)
I don't know about that, there are a couple Kel-Tec that are actually pretty dang good!
1581625126579.png
1581625222384.png

Actually planning to Pick up a CA compliant SU-16 in a few weeks, make for an awesome little truck carbine, especially with some of the mods I have planned ( 3D Printed goodness) And Yes, I actually want the CA version to start with, as bad as that sounds, I has some features I actually find superior to the regular versions! @LuckySG hope your paying attention here! :s0155::):D:cool:;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top