JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should moderators be eligible to participate in our fundraiser giveaways?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With our big 2020 Spring Fundraiser coming up next month, I was thinking this over last night, and I'd like to get your input. Back when we first started doing the giveaways we literally printed everyone's name on a piece of paper, cut them up, and drew names out of a bowl. Since there was a human element involved we decided that moderators wouldn't be eligible to squash any suspicion of impropriety. We've come a long way since then and our giveaway system is now fully automated, with members submitting their entries and the system drawing names at the set time. Considering our moderators are some of our most generous donors despite the lack of fundraiser giveaway participation as an incentive, I think allowing their participation is something to consider.

For the record admins would still be prohibited. Since I'm the only admin, that means me :)

@Moderators feel free to comment here but please don't vote.

Edit: As @Velzey mentioned, Supporting Vendors have been prohibited as well. I'm going to make the call to allow them to participate if they have Supporting Member status (the Supporting Vendor status won't get any giveaway entries).

Last Edited:
having won before, i vote yes because it was awesome but i will not be upset one bit if the majority says no.

sorry joe i hit yes right after i read the title.

I don't have any issues with it. If you pay for the upgraded membership, you should get all of the benefits of that purchase.

Well I've never won anything in my life so it's probably a safe bet it wont happen here either so sure why not if it's automated.

Only if that prize is a Kel Tec.

tenor.gif

Honestly? No. Just like any other giveaway, "employees" shouldn't be eligible. It doesn't look so good if one wins.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top