JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Running suppressed: next purchase to be a modified Glock 21/41 or a 300BLK AR pistol?

• Total voters
You just need a handguard with a bigger i.d.
View attachment 493698
I have that same can!
Still need about $10,000 worth of accessories to make it work on everthing, but it comes out of the box ready to spit anything under .460 with 5/8x24 threads so it's been on my blackout almost exclusively.. I also have the 1/2 28 piston and so my G19x gets to play too.
Lookin to get the ASR mount and a .30 end cap here shortly.
61F675E1-B0AB-4ED0-8D69-9FA20027CABF.jpeg 3842ADFA-3372-466D-BE48-C975ED6217A8.jpeg
No that Burris is not attached... yet

I wish I could find a 4.5" to 5" barrel. I only shoot subs through a silencer and 1000 fps out of a 5" barrel works exactly the same as 1000 fps out of a 9 inch barrel.

My most accurate and best feeding/most reliable short 300 BO barrel is an Anderson 7" that set me back a princely $45. I dont own a single AR barrel of any sort that I paid more than $100 for ( OK., Except for that 3 lug 9mm TROS barrel but its a work of art ) . I'm all for maximizing profit and the American way ....for other people.

My most accurate and best feeding/most reliable short 300 BO barrel is an Anderson 7" that set me back a princely $45. I dont own a single AR barrel of any sort that I paid more than $100 for ( OK., Except for that 3 lug 9mm TROS barrel but its a work of art ) . I'm all for maximizing profit and the American way ....for other people.

Cheap and good are mutually exclusive terms.

Not at all. Charging more to cut a barrel shorter than its cut already is just marketing. Worst AR upper I've owned was a Daniel Defense 10.5" in 300 BO.. It cost a pretty penny and was probably the worst firearms purchase I've ever made Wouldnt feed or fire anything reliable.

Not at all. Charging more to cut a barrel shorter than its cut already is just marketing. Worst AR upper I've owned was a Daniel Defense 10.5" in 300 BO.. It cost a pretty penny and was probably the worst firearms purchase I've ever made Wouldnt feed or fire anything reliable.
Comparing Anderson to DD is like comparing PSA to KAC or LMT.

The Anderson unit was far superior. Price on many things especially man bling like short rifle barrels is all what the market will bare and has no bearing on actual quality. The Daniel defense unit was a piece of crap while the Anderson unit works and still works on anything I pour in it,

I didn't read every thread here but I recently bought a stripped lower to build a pistol. I haven't decided what caliber yet. 300BO isn't on the table because of costs abd not going to suppress but 7.62x39 is.

Unsuppressed how much difference is there between the two? Especially within 200 yrds? In real world use, well within 100.

Anderson gets a bad rep because it's so common, but it's decent stuff...especially considering how much of it is out there compared how many complaints you hear. I can't own it because the horse head logo triggers m OCD. I know it's a Kentucky Derby reference, but I can't get past the Colt Prancing Pony similarity....
I also can't buy anything from an ad that has the sellers feet in the pictures, or anything from Larue Tactical...(the name is wrong to me)
.:s0037:

Barrel is the one place I refuse to skimp... Mygrainman AR building rule #1: Always build around the barrel. IMO the barrel is the gun.
you Can get lucky with a cheap barrel and find one that, at least initially, has no issues with cycling and accuracy... but chances are it will wear quickly and eventually start to fail you. For 90% of the folks buying an AR just to throw in the safe and shoot a couple mags on special occasions that is fine...but when the difference between an excellent Balistics Advantage Barrel that carries a SUB MOA guarantee, and a cheapo Bear Creek Arsenal is less than $100.. that's cheap insurance.
One of the most accurate barrels I've put in an AR was a 10.5" Faxon 300bo... $150. I was getting 3/4" groups at 100 with my 150 grain plinker loads... I didn't get a chance to work up an accuracy load because some kid had to buy it from me shortly after I built it, but I imagine it would have been something!

I didn't read every thread here but I recently bought a stripped lower to build a pistol. I haven't decided what caliber yet. 300BO isn't on the table because of costs abd not going to suppress but 7.62x39 is.

Unsuppressed how much difference is there between the two? Especially within 200 yrds? In real world use, well within 100.
Cost of mags, reliability, accuracy, compatibility with 5.56/.223 parts.. to me no brainer... go Blackout!
Ammo cost is the only + for X39.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads