JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Running suppressed: next purchase to be a modified Glock 21/41 or a 300BLK AR pistol?

• Total voters
i shoot my 300blk often. i shoot most of my guns often. i reload for every caliber i own except rimfire (for obvious reasons).

300blk is great.currently, i have my optic sighted for 100yards with subsonic and my BUIS for supersonic at 100yards. i know its 6MOA difference between my supers and subs at 100yards so if i wanna use the optic(its a 1/2moa per click) i just dial it 12 clicks either which way to be zeroed for supers or subs.

i find myself hunting deer on the we(s)t side of oregon with supersonics though, ive cleanly killed deer with both supers and subs.

reloading for 300blk cuts cost down but .308 cal bullets arent exactly "cheap." it just is what it is. brass is easy because i just make it out of 5.56.

if you shoot 45 a lot it might be worth doing a AR45 despite the feeding issues ive ONLY read about. never owned an AR45 and dont really have a desire for one. id probably do a 9mm before a 45.

heres me shooting subsonics at a steel target 100yrd away. i miss on the 3rd shot but you still can hear the round hit the dirt.

i shoot my 300blk often. i shoot most of my guns often. i reload for every caliber i own except rimfire (for obvious reasons).

300blk is great.currently, i have my optic sighted for 100yards with subsonic and my BUIS for supersonic at 100yards. i know its 6MOA difference between my supers and subs at 100yards so if i wanna use the optic(its a 1/2moa per click) i just dial it 12 clicks either which way to be zeroed for supers or subs.

i find myself hunting deer on the we(s)t side of oregon with supersonics though, ive cleanly killed deer with both supers and subs.

reloading for 300blk cuts cost down but .308 cal bullets arent exactly "cheap." it just is what it is. brass is easy because i just make it out of 5.56.

if you shoot 45 a lot it might be worth doing a AR45 despite the feeding issues ive ONLY read about. never owned an AR45 and dont really have a desire for one. id probably do a 9mm before a 45.

heres me shooting subsonics at a steel target 100yrd away. i miss on the 3rd shot but you still can hear the round hit the dirt.

What bullets do you use for supers and deer as I only have shot the one with subs? I have some tac tx's loaded super that are quite accurate and have been hoping to try on deer.

AN AR pistol is just a short barrel rifle with a slightly different stock to make it sort of look like its not an SBR. Lets not fool ourselves. I have a few in 300 BO and every time I go shooting I throw a silencer on there and shoot with subs. I have thousands of subs.

yeaaaaah true except pistols dont have "stocks" they have "braces" or "stabilizers" some of them dont have anything! lol

i get what youre sayin though:);)

Thats how it starts. Then you need a dedicated lower for each upper and away we go.

That's what happened to me. Had one ar15, then had to get another. The first one shot so well, the 2nd never got used, so I sold the upper to another member here, then bought a 300AAC upper to go on top of my spare lower. Definitely enjoy shooting it, but because of ammo cost, not nearly as much as the 5.56. But it has been sighted in with BUIS, red dot optic, and scope and is ready to go on a moment's notice.

Always on the lookout for inexpensive 300AAC ammo and buy a bunch when it gets close to $0.50.

If ammo got cheaper, would love to use it for action rifle shooting. Also debating whether to get a suppressor for it. On of my buddies is going that route and will probably shoot his before I decide.

I shoot mine occasionally, but I'm coming from a direction that isn't terribly relevant to this thread.

I don't shoot subsonic at all. Suppressors just aren't my thing at all. Nothing against them, but I probably wouldn't own one even if they were cheap and unrestricted. Just not my thing.

I bought my .300 Blackout as a cheap plinker, basically a modernized M1 Carbine. I shoot gas-checked, powder-coated 160gr. cast bullets. They're just a few pennies per round and more powerful and accurate than most any pistol caliber carbine.

That's what happened to me. Had one ar15, then had to get another. The first one shot so well, the 2nd never got used, so I sold the upper to another member here, then bought a 300AAC upper to go on top of my spare lower. Definitely enjoy shooting it, but because of ammo cost, not nearly as much as the 5.56. But it has been sighted in with BUIS, red dot optic, and scope and is ready to go on a moment's notice.

Always on the lookout for inexpensive 300AAC ammo and buy a bunch when it gets close to $0.50.

If ammo got cheaper, would love to use it for action rifle shooting. Also debating whether to get a suppressor for it. On of my buddies is going that route and will probably shoot his before I decide.

FYI:

SGammo has Magtech 123gr at $459 + shipping / case of 1000 currently.

Shipping is $20, plus add on a couple bucks for insurance etc, so prob $25.

We've shot a bunch in pistols, carbines and rifles. Decent range plinkers & brass seems good. Note, not reloading that yet, so can't say for sure or not. Just seems good is all.

I've shot my 300bo more than anything else since I got my Supressor.
Seller and Bellot 200 grain are only like 12.99 at Sportsman's and then Safeway recipes are printed on $10 off $50 Sportsman's coupons, so do the math... that's awsome for subs!
Zero issues with it. Feeds and runs great!
I have a bunch of 190s and 208s that I need to load up, but I've been shooting the crap out of that S&B meantime.
Love 300bo...just do it!

I shoot my 9mm ARs the most simply because its cheaper , then the 5.56's , but I do shoot at least 100 rounds thru my host 300 when I go out , sometimes more. One of my blackout uppers has too long of a handguard (8" barrel & 9" rail) to run a can so it does a lot of sitting around, I should sell it and buy another can.

You just need a handguard with a bigger i.d.
573CE0FB-FF31-4B2E-81D1-5E7BE5C37653.jpeg

You can also still use a muzzle device if you get creative. I use a linear device which facilitates using a couple of L shaped torx wrenches to install and remove.
57E2CBB5-6BC3-4255-B44D-72DDB927338D.jpeg CF204552-2145-486D-9380-53A2B72B48A0.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top