JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy cow!!:eek: Thats .15 cents a round I guess it pays to buy in bulko_O
I remember the old days when all kinds a 9mm (etc.) was crazy plentiful everywhere. It was fun to buy the oddest/oldest military stuff and blast it away.. probably collectible even then but who cared?
It'd be nice if Chinese and Russian stuff became available again.

Here are my goals, which I haven't yet achieved:

Rimfire (22lr): 10,000 rounds (half plinking, half various hunting)
Battle rifle (5.56/.223 in my case): 5,000 rounds (half plinking quality, half self defense quality)
Shotgun (12ga in my case): 1,000 rounds (third plinking, third self-defense, third hunting)
Each service caliber (9mm and 40 in my case): 1,500 rounds (500 self defense, 1000 plinking)
Any secondary caliber: 500 rounds each

I am a pistol competitor and I do some 3-gun. In my competing calibers, I tend to like piles of extra ammo, enough on hand for a year's worth of competing is a good goal.

I try to keep a 50 cal ammo can full of every caliber I shoot. I buy my bullets by the 1000, primers by the 5000 and powder by the 8lb jug. When any of those three get below the half way point it's time to resupply. .22 ammo I keep a 50 cal can full and resupply as I find it.

1a98a6009d7b01340736005056a9545d.gif

Whatever your number is; if your ammunition count is an integral part of a post R.o.L. scenario, set aside 2/3 and call that your Basic Load, Zero Balance, or Critical Defense Load. Train with the other 1/3.

If you are in a FWD position and may have to bug out to a safer place some day/night; do a load plan and decide how much you can carry (and thus how much you are willing to leave behind).

If you are already in your "Masada"; you may consider having enough to outfit or equip trusted family or friends who retreat to your location.

Don't forget to factor-in (balance the costs) the costs of firearms, gas masks, night vision, edged weapons, barrier material, pioneer equipment, and body armor (addendum: food, water, medical).

If you are living day to day and do not care about survival; do what ever you like.

You never have enough ammo when you have friends and full auto firearms.
I'm also a member of this club.

When I say I bought a box of 9mm, I don't mean one of those tiny boxes like you'd find on a shelf in Bimart. I mean the kind of box that the UPS buy leaves on the front porch and is too heavy for my wife to pick up.

Since I just purchased my first 9mm, I dont have nearly enough ammo.... yet
as far as all the other calibers... I wont say in an open forum.

If you want ammo that's not re loadable try the USA Forged stuff from Winchester. Runs about $11 a box delivered. Steel case but USA made. Stuff seems to run great in all my 9s. For a buck a box more it's worth it to me to buy US made.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top