JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RugerFan just reading your post gives me pause and makes me wonder how much experience you have with metallic reloading. Your bullet actually touching your lands (Jam) can produce too much pressure among other risks. Also asking if it's more important to have your bullet properly seated or closer to your lands sounds like a newbie question. I would find someone qualified near you to help mentor you in your reloading quest. A good class in reloading 101 could save you many years of mishaps and or money spent. Hopefully someone near you will be willing to share the knowledge.
Have A Great Day and you are welcome to pm me anytime..

RugerFan just reading your post gives me pause and makes me wonder how much experience you have with metallic reloading. Your bullet actually touching your lands (Jam) can produce too much pressure among other risks. Also asking if it's more important to have your bullet properly seated or closer to your lands sounds like a newbie question. I would find someone qualified near you to help mentor you in your reloading quest. A good class in reloading 101 could save you many years of mishaps and or money spent. Hopefully someone near you will be willing to share the knowledge.
Have A Great Day and you are welcome to pm me anytime..
Because of this post I reread the OP first post.
He didn't say he was trying to jam the bullet in the lands, he said he couldn't "reach" that far.
As far as I know you have to be able to touch the lands before you can have a clue how far off of them you are.

There's more I'd like to say, but it would be "less than excellent" and I won't go there...

You can say all you want but if you don't want to offer help and only wish to be combative feel free to contact me anytime. 509-650-7222
Staff member or not your "less than excellent" comment sounds like a personal threat more then someone offering help to a member.
I'm not interested in arguing with you on this forum. I'm only offering my help to RugerFan and if that upsets you.......too bad.

You can say all you want but if you don't want to offer help and only wish to be combative feel free to contact me anytime. 509-650-7222
Staff member or not your "less than excellent" comment sounds like a personal threat more then someone offering help to a member.
I'm not interested in arguing with you on this forum. I'm only offering my help to RugerFan and if that upsets you.......too bad.
What don't you understand about the 40gr slugs not reaching the lands?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top