JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want ammo that's not re loadable try the USA Forged stuff from Winchester. Runs about $11 a box delivered. Steel case but USA made. Stuff seems to run great in all my 9s. For a buck a box more it's worth it to me to buy US made.
You can easily reload steel boxer primed pistol cases.. they work fine.
You can also reload berdan primed cases but it's much more of a hassle.

The importance of brass cases to reloaders is not my point. Here's my point: Why in the world does Winchester put out a product with steel cases that costs about the same as their brass-cases WWB? I'm annoyed that their Forged ammo isn't as competitive as their marketing suggests.

The importance of brass cases to reloaders is not my point. Here's my point: Why in the world does Winchester put out a product with steel cases that costs about the same as their brass-cases WWB? I'm annoyed that their Forged ammo isn't as competitive as their marketing suggests.
Good question/call. I'm sure they make and sell it wholesale for less than their brass offerings. Pricing after that fact are beyond their control.

Lol.....oh boy, one of these threads where I get to reflect on how much money I have sitting on shelves:eek:

9mm - 4,000 in ammo cans
45ACP - 1,000 in ammo cans
22lr - 4,000 in ammo cans
5.56 - 8,000 in ammo cans and cases
.300 Blackout - 500 in ammo cans
7.62x39 - 2,000 in ammo cans
7.62x54 - 1,760 in sealed cases
6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 Grendel - 300 in safe
12 Gauge - 280 in ammo cans

All the above are in cans with moisture absorbers and sealed.

Thats not including about 10,000 rounds of all the above calibers that I have in cans, the safe and loose for actually taking to the range;)

If there is a place that sells the WWB for $10 a box delivered I will buy that. I don't roll 9m any more and have plenty of brass in case I need to. If I can get the brass case Win for 10 a box delivered though I will buy that and give the brass to those who want to roll it.

This stuff is Boxer primed but I have never tried to re load steel case and never seen it mentioned in the manuals. Course my books are pretty old. This stuff is safe to reload?
It appears to be so, according to many on-line tutorials/ testimonies.. as long as particular protocols are followed.
It seems the main use/reason to reload them is "just because" and or where all "brass" must be sacrificed during a match or somesuch. anyway

It appears to be so, according to many on-line tutorials/ testimonies.. as long as particular protocols are followed.
It seems the main use/reason to reload them is "just because" and or where all "brass" must be sacrificed during a match or somesuch. anyway

Hmmm, you are right. I "Googled" it and several are claiming the stuff works fine. If I did not have buckets of brass I would be tempted to try it just to see what happened. May come in handy some day if it comes to it.
I still have not been able to find any Blazer or Win brass stuff for 10 a box though. Best I have seen so far is 12 a box. Delivered that is. If I can find someone selling brass CCI or Win for the same price as the USA Steel stuff I will go ahead and buy some to give the brass away.

I didn't say 10 per box, I said 200 per case. I don't buy 9mm in 50rd boxes. And even if the rate at Lucky Gunner is 210 per case, my point is the same. Winchester USA Forged is always more expensive than the bargain brands' brass-cased offerings.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top