JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did an accidental torture test on my ammo. Somehow I missed a speed loader of my .38s in a jacket pocket and washed and dried them at the laundromat 😬. They looked a little worse for the wear but they shot fine and got on paper right around the bullseye at about 30 yards. I was really surprised. I thought sure I would have some squibs. Apparently that powder coating that I use on my lead bullets makes a pretty good watertight seal when you crimp in the cannelure.

I did an accidental torture test on my ammo. Somehow I missed a speed loader of my .38s in a jacket pocket and washed and dried them at the laundromat 😬. They looked a little worse for the wear but they shot fine and got on paper right around the bullseye at about 30 yards. I was really surprised. I thought sure I would have some squibs. Apparently that powder coating that I use on my lead bullets makes a pretty good watertight seal when you crimp in the cannelure.
Nice. Whenever I make some keeper loads I seal the primers with fingernail polish/lacquer. Long ago I'd do the mouth too (jacketed bullets) right before closing the bell but what a hassle.

Interesting.
They looked a little beat up but shot fine out of my sp101. It's the first time I've ever seen powder coating beat off of the edges but it was just the leading edge so they fired just fine and didn't lead the bore. Go figure right? The dryer even deformed the lead on the leading edge and they still shot fine. Crazy.
20230520_153559.jpg

Yeah well… you're Godzilla in negative X-ray form, what else did you expect?
I prefer Gojira....
As far as Gojira's jam, I grabbed two legs of 480 by accident once.
Fortunately the clench pulled me away from it and the GFI tripped. The company changed their power feed design after that.
I was lucky - looked like Schwarzenegger for about 30 minutes.

That sucks. Me too but that's a whole different story
Will have to hear that one over beers....

Why I don't bother with dehumidifier packets or ammo storage boxes.
.357 ammo in a buddy's parents kitchen drawer for 40 years shot up without incident.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top