JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How many new gun owners have you helped in 2020?

Votes: 31 31.6%

Votes: 15 15.3%

Votes: 22 22.4%

Votes: 7 7.1%

Votes: 7 7.1%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 15 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I even hold the targets for those newbies......

target_holder_zpsfd3b83d5.jpg

Not.

Aloha, Mark

Don't wanna help them, not gonna help them. They often didn't care about my interest in Firearms years ago so why should I care to aid them now that they're scared? Don't wanna hear about being an ambassador or gaining votes. I'm over the new crowd. Had more than one try to get me to sell them a gun under the table an several try to get free range trips with me where I pay good money for a membership. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished

I stopped going to my regular gun range because of dangerous new shooters. It's self supervised and I don't feel like being a range officer to people who don't appreciate the help.

I found a note replace to shoot. Lock the gate behind me!

I am willing to help those who want to learn. I'm far from an expert but sometimes I'm better than nothing!

Helped my coworker get his first gun, mossberg 590. He wants to get a pistol and ar15 as well, I suggested that he waits for the panic buying to die down so the prices might not be so crazy. Still have not had a chance to go out and actually run his gun though.

Helped my coworker get his first gun, mossberg 590. He wants to get a pistol and ar15 as well, I suggested that he waits for the panic buying to die down so the prices might not be so crazy. Still have not had a chance to go out and actually run his gun though.

Election year, on top of the other "crazy" causing the market fluctuations...

So, MAY be worthwhile for your coworker to simply buy a lower now. Stripped if he seems capable, complete if not.

I vote helping them change their vote to make it easier on those of us that go the actual correct legal route. Not taking more of our rights away and making it tougher on us to protect our interests and continue following the laws.

I vote helping them change their vote to make it easier on those of us that go the actual correct legal route. Not taking more of our rights away and making it tougher on us to protect our interests and continue following the laws.

In a perfect world, yes. I think in the past, yes. Now? I think you'd just be training your future enemy. Things aren't right and I'd hate to deprive foes of the learning curve.

Zero in 2020. Several over the past few years. 2020 brought the Covid. Not too many people I know wanting to come out from under the covers. My wife's friends husband recently made a comment about buying a gun. That was out of the blue. 20 year Navy vet but never any interest until now. I have open offers to several people to come out shooting with me. A few more women show interest at the moment. In 2019 I know of 6 married women who purchased guns ranging in age from 21-50s.

I voted 6+

With that said...
My experience may be out of the ordinary.

Case in point :
This past Thursday thru Saturday I had a firearm / fur trade history display set up at a local gun shop.
I gave several talks of firearm history and safety as well as some history "lessons"
Among those talks of firearms were :
How to choose a muzzle loading firearm...
"Trouble shooting" a muzzle loading firearm....
Helping on the shooting line with new shooters...
Giving a shooting demonstration with a rifle...

So again a bit out of the ordinary , as part of my intent of the display was to help folks out.
I do try as often as I can to help out when needed or maybe even more importantly , when asked...

As for what Medic! stated...
It can be very true....someone comes to you for advice , based on your experiences...
You give good solid advice and information....
And yet :
They don't listen ...
Will argue...
Or give the classic : "Well but the expert on "You Tube" / gun store / gun blog , forum or video , etc...sez......"

Not much that you can do when that happens....other than "grin and bear it"....and do your best not to be a :
"I told you so"...when they realize that you actually did know what you were talking about.
Andy

Andy, pretty much all you (and I) do is out of the ordinary.

Well, I just found out that my wifes psychotic ex whos Trans and abused my stepkids for years got a 1911 that she wants to keep in her purse. Strange because she was so "anti". But I'll do **** to help her and hope she shoots herself in the foot with it!

I've had one opportunity and apparently dampened the interest almost immediately. My daughter in law, who has zero experience with firearms, told me she was thinking about getting a gun for home defense. I told her it's a huge decision for her to make, but I'd gladly help her in ease into it. First, be aware that a gun is not for simply scaring someone off; if pulled, it is to shoot. Second, do not get a gun unless you are mentally prepared to take a life to protect a life. I haven't heard any more from her on the subject of firearms, so we probably won't ever have any discussions about gun selection, proper training, etc.

Actually, I'm certain she'd already heard much the same from my son the airplane driver, who is an FFDO (Federal Flight Deck Officer). I wonder, did she think I'd tell her anything different?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top