JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It depends on the specifics of what you are seeking. As @titsonritz advised UTM is a good option. I've used Simunitions for force on force training as well. I've done a bunch of stuff with SIRT guns and own several. These allow you to use something with a very similar feel to a Glock, Sig 320 or M&P that shoots only a laser...good for searching and many other activities. Good luck with your quest.

Here's a video of a Japanese guy who had never shot an actual firearm, only airsoft. A company that also does training flew him to their facility in the US to see what he could do.

The thought of having to go back to airsoft after using real guns has to suck beyond believe. He should've just fell on his gun at the end of training and called it a day. 🤣
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg
581b381d4c811.image.jpg

IDPA first Saturday at TCGC. Challenging multi stage matches. Always different scenarios.
Before the 1996 formation of the International Defensive Pistol Association, there was no place to compete and hone one's skill with equipment designed for and suitable for self-defense. Other shooting sports are just that: Competitive sports with no relevance to self-defense. IDPA offers an exciting forum for practical shooters in which truly practical equipment, techniques and courses of fire are mandated.

Don't discount the value of dry fire. Many of the pros say they train for 30 minutes a day with dry fire. You can set up targets like 3 x 5 cards, or any plant, light switch, or any other fixture in your house, apartment, or back yard. You can learn a ton about target aquisition, proper grip, transitioning, reloading, proper sight picture, staying out of the sights, and just about anything else.

I also use Dry Fire Mag. Does a great job of simulating recoil and helps with anticipation and jerking the trigger.

Don't discount the value of dry fire. Many of the pros say they train for 30 minutes a day with dry fire. You can set up targets like 3 x 5 cards, or any plant, light switch, or any other fixture in your house, apartment, or back yard. You can learn a ton about target aquisition, proper grip, transitioning, reloading, proper sight picture, staying out of the sights, and just about anything else.

I also use Dry Fire Mag. Does a great job of simulating recoil and helps with anticipation and jerking the trigger.
Dry practice is a critical component IMO.

Looking for various options for realistic dynamic drills. Airsoft? Paintball? Simulator? Thanks in advance.
If by realistic you mean getting actual slide movement to simulate fire, the CoolFire Trainer is worth checking out. Don't have one yet, but have heard good things and am considering it.

For laser training I am a big fan of SIRT products. Presently also have a MantisX and like it, though I don't use it as much as I should.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top