JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to take at least one ak47 and one ak74. I usually like to have any combination of three ak's. That way, when a buddy shows up with an $1,800 ar I can show him that he could have had all three superior rifles and a crate of ammo for the price of his inferior one. I take 1911's, S&W revolvers and when the boy is with me his Thompson .22 and Savage .22 mag. He's 8 years old and apparently when you're 8, an Accutrigger makes a gun a "sniper rifle". For some reason the shotguns have been a little neglected lately. BTW, there's nothing wrong with having an MRE or two in your vehicle or other long term storage food for emergency's sake. However, packing for a shootig trip like you're a Klondike frontiersman or part of Seal Team 6 is kind of ridiculous. When I have to worry about who is watching me in the woods, I will join a club. What blows my mind is the eagerness of complete strangers to approach me in the middle of nowhere and want to shoot next to me. First of all, it's rude. Second, when I am out of cell range with the wife and boy, surrounded by a pile of firearms, what would make anyone think that approaching me is safe or smart? Once a guy in his mid 20's pulled up covered in camo with three young boys ages probably 5, 9 and 12(those are estimates, of course). Without sayimg a word he jumps out of his car, revolver in hand and runs up a gravel mound to set some cans upright. His targets were about 40 feet from us and we were at a perfect 90 degree angle from his shooting. My chin was on my chest the whole time in disbelief and when he went back by his car to shoot I finally yelled "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He looked at me like I had lost my mind. I politely told him not to pull his trigger until we were gone and we started packing up immediately. As we drove away, the last thing we saw was the 5 year old holding a S&W Airlite .38 while the "adult" plugged the boys ears with his fingers. While I do not take it upon myself to police the forest, I have found that the only strangers with guns that I like are the ones at gun shows.

Cowboy action. 2 pistols, 1 lever rifle, one shotgun.

I shoot at a range because I consider it impolite to barge past someone else's gate onto someone else's land. Impolite and mildly criminal.

Always a minimum of 2. One of them is always loaded! Last time I was out at memaloose someone was itching for a fight, looking for a reason to be a bittchhh. Like Forrest says: Life is like a box of dirtbags, you never know what you're gonna get :>)

There is some good interesting stories here. I never go shooting in the woods with strangers. I think when I'm in the woods I'm trying to get away from people and enjoy the outdoors either with my friends or family. I have a spot that's a dead end road, so someone in the party will block it with a pickup further up so no one will intrude. But one time I did make the mistake of going where others are and my truck got hit with a clay pigeon and people are pointing their guns in every direction so that was the first and last time that will ever happen again. But even some friends kinda scare me with their safety skills. :)

I have also been neglecting my shotguns. I need to start taking them more. I tend to take too much ammo also. I'm a reloader so my ammo supply is getting pretty big and it's getting out of control :s0112:. I usually take at least a few thousand per caliber with me to shoot and that's a little much but you'll never know when you might need it lol.

I take whatever I or the wife feels like shooting/cleaning. I too am a reloader and ammo is never a concern and usually end up taking way too much.:s0112: I too cannot understand why anyone would want to go shooting with a bunch of strangers at a "popular" shooting area where their gun safety is sketchy at best.

I live in the woods, shoot at the Medford Rifle and Pistol club indoor range or outdoor ranges in the area. I do have a speed steel set up near the house (on my place) that I use until fire season prohibits it. For Bullseye, its my .22 and for speed steel its both the .22 and one of my centerfires. It used to amaze me how some folks will consider the "wilderness" to begin where the pavement ends, and the reason I have gates is because in the past others have chosen to "see where this road ended" and showed up at my house, past several signs. The gates USED to be open most of the time, but no longer.

Just whatever I feel like shooting. Sometimes its training with my CC piece. Other times I just want to hang back and plink improvised targets with my .22s.

Sometimes its AK speed and accuracy training. Or long distance shooting with the Mosin. Variety is the spice of life.

Good question. I used to take way too many guns. Now just a few. Always my carry to practice with and then a few other to have fun. I have noticed that I have a few that almost never go with me anymore. Guess I should sell em if I am not shooting them.

I take no more than I'm willing to clean after the session. Usually no more than 5 weapons total, though I've taken many more in the past. I guess I'm getting lazy in my dotage. There are a few that haven't been out of the safe in years but they all have their purpose and will stay put until they are needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top