JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did a count today of cars Ive owned since my first '69 Camaro when I was 14 in 1980. My best count is 48 cars so far. Some were for weeks and some were for years and I cant say that Ive owned more than 5 at any given time. Muscle cars, economy cars, good cars and junk. Didnt include motorcycles. Might be missing a couple. Funny thing is I remember those cars names and years better than I remember girlfriends names.

Whats your count?

I would say right in that same ballpark, another 30 or so motorcycles to boot.

Got my license in 84, owned 10 rigs before I was out of high school including a 66 chevelle

I count 21 total not including motorcycles or boats....
First was a lime green 76 chevy 3/4 ton with 6 cyl 3 on the tree and so much rust and sagging doors I replaced 5 or 6 drivers side windows that shattered while slamming the door... Paid $300 for it.

Right around 55? right now.
Bestest ones were a 57 210 a 55 Ford truck and a 65 mustang
Oh yeah the one I want to forget
The 64 Impala Belair convertible that would be worth around a 100 grand right now.
Only 1 Bultaco,a Yamaha,an iron head,a sporty ,a Kawasaki zrx 1200r and a 2007 HD cop bike. And my quad

My list shows 87 cars,trucks,and vans since 1990.
19 Motorcycles.
(4 cars and 2 motorcycles currently)
Since I see some are posting boats,I've had 1..and 2 canoes (1 currently)

16 cars, 2 boats, 4 Big trucks, 3 small trucks, and 3 airplanes ( only one plane at a time) you guys are way too sick for me! Still have 3 Rods, and 4 fun street cars, 2 big trucks and 2 small trucks, 1 boat, and 1 Sno-Cat!

Another thing,some of y'alls is kids. 14 in 1980???
Yep. Just a yung'n. I was living in South Carolina at the time and someone told me you could get a hardship letter from your parents and get your license at 14. So I asked my mom to give me a letter saying I had to take grandma tothe chiropractor on Tuesdays or something like that. Took my test and passed it and they gave me a license. Later I found out that it was 15 not 14. In the pre computer days they had to use their fingers and toes at the DMV and apparently the clerk didnt have the requisite fingers . I was the only guy in the state with a drivers license at 14 .

Hm - an Olds Cutlass Sierra was my first - 1990 vintage. Then a 2000 Ford Contour. Then an 84 (I think) AMC Eagle. A 91 GMC S-15 Jimmy, a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 98 Taurus, a 91 Suburban, a 95 Silverado, and now a 2012 Chevy Cruze. So 10. Never owned a motor cycle, but I've owned a few boats too.

I'm not much of a car guy, despite working in transportation/automotive service industry for well over a decade.

The only ones I miss are the Jimmy and the Jeep. Those things were go karts, they'd go anywhere I wanted to go, and some places I didn't. They'd pull a boat, they'd haul enough camping gear or fishing gear to be comfortable without being decadent, I could fit 4 adults in them, though not super comfortably (meant only carrying people I didn't mind being in close quarters with!) - they had their quirks but they were good rigs. I want to get another compact 4WD SUV or pickup one of these days. I'm over Suburban sized land barges. They haul a lot of crap - which is their main benefit. They also haul a lot of crap - which can be their downfall. They don't turn well, they take up 2 spaces minimum, and my wallet wimpered at ever fillup.

Short list SUV's/Trucks for me now:

Late 80's to late 90's Jeep Cherokee w/ the inline 6
4 door Wrangler
Subaru Crosstrek XV
Toyota Highlander
Chevy Colorado

Not in a big rush, so I'm not actively looking or in the market - but when I"m ready to get another, it'll probably be one of the above. I just need something that goes places I cannot go in a low sitting compact FWD sedan :D

Two dozen+

Trying to make a list but I've bought and sold a LOT of cars. Buy, fix, sell....

Then I have to think about what I drove, my wife drove and what was just a buy and flip. It's bad when that's what you did to make money for a few years.

OK.....starting in 1965....7 cars, 2 PU's and 3 motorcycles! :D
This doesn't include cars or trucks that were primarily my wife's drivers!

Cooler cars include,
1. '69 Mustang
2. '68 Cougar
3. '58 Ford CHP cruiser (fasssssst!) o_O
4. '67 Ford Ranchero (289" Fairlane body style) loved that car! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR