JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
O.k. we know they are going to shove some form of expanded BG checks down our throats at a minimum and NOTHING can stop them this time. Maybe we can lessen the blow somewhat by being pro-active as others have said.

Time to start composing those letters and E-mails. They want re-election and don't know how many gun owners actually vote for them. I know there must be a lot, I don't understand but the last Election proves it.

Sample letter:
Dear Sen. blank,
As an Independent, left of center Voter, I was mostly happy with the Election results this time around. On Education, environment, health care etc. the Republicans worry me!

Therefore I supported the Democrats this time around, despite my fears that with a bigger majority they might overreach on any new gun Bills.

I would hope that any new background check Bill would be more "common sense" as promised than Washington's new I-594. Why not have a clean simple Bill with no hidden agenda?

Transfer should mean a sale/gift between non family members. Lending should be allowed and left alone.
Criminalizing Hunting and Sport shooting with friends is not what you are trying to accomplish is it?

After the Election Governor Kitzhaber is on record as saying:

Kitzhaber said he doesn't expect Democrats to try and overplay their hand and pursue an overly ambitious agenda in the upcoming session.
On gun control, for example, if advocates push for more than the background-check expansion, he said, "they'll start losing Democratic votes."

If this happens they will lose my Independent Vote too!

If we get gun owners from their districts to flood Burdick and the like with similar letters before they get out a new bill perhaps we can as I said, lessen the blow.
BTW, my letter isn't really all lies, the Republicans do scare me on those issues but the Dems scare me more!:eek:

O.k. we know they are going to shove some form of expanded BG checks down our throats at a minimum and NOTHING can stop them this time. Maybe we can lessen the blow somewhat by being pro-active as others have said.

Time to start composing those letters and E-mails. They want re-election and don't know how many gun owners actually vote for them. I know there must be a lot, I don't understand but the last Election proves it.

Sample letter:
Dear Sen. blank,
As an Independent, left of center Voter, I was mostly happy with the Election results this time around. On Education, environment, health care etc. the Republicans worry me!

Therefore I supported the Democrats this time around, despite my fears that with a bigger majority they might overreach on any new gun Bills.

I would hope that any new background check Bill would be more "common sense" as promised than Washington's new I-594. Why not have a clean simple Bill with no hidden agenda?

Transfer should mean a sale/gift between non family members. Lending should be allowed and left alone.
Criminalizing Hunting and Sport shooting with friends is not what you are trying to accomplish is it?

After the Election Governor Kitzhaber is on record as saying:

Kitzhaber said he doesn't expect Democrats to try and overplay their hand and pursue an overly ambitious agenda in the upcoming session.
On gun control, for example, if advocates push for more than the background-check expansion, he said, "they'll start losing Democratic votes."

If this happens they will lose my Independent Vote too!

If we get gun owners from their districts to flood Burdick and the like with similar letters before they get out a new bill perhaps we can as I said, lessen the blow.
BTW, my letter isn't really all lies, the Republicans do scare me on those issues but the Dems scare me more!:eek:

Love it. Won't work with my Rep (who primaried the Republican incumbent), but good for everyone else.

I guess we need to flood them with lies in our emails claiming we are their voter base and we don't want our options limited...

Hmmmmm

They seem to keep finding votes for Chuck Riley in Washington County. Probably from Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg, after all, they bankrolled his entire campaign.

We'll probably end up with gun control AND sales tax next year. All the liberals will start freaking out about sales tax, but will still only vote if there is a (D) next to the name.

The list of election repercussions is long. From Carbon tax to min wage and so much in between but the people have spoken.
I'm going to do all I can to slow down their plans for major gun restrictions until I can leave this State.

I suggest starting with carefully crafted letters detailing your "middle of the road" stance on all the issues and how you supported them this time but anything more than a clean sales transfer law will cause you to sit out the next election or even vote against them.

It's one of the only things I can think of that might work.
They use lies, disinformation and hype news stories to gain control. Time we did the same.

NPR had a news segment on the radio the day before the I-594 vote and the woman reporter stated that if the measure passed it wouldn't infringe on anyone's second amendments rights, because that's not what the 2nd amendment is all about.

Another thing to note... any letters you write will hold absolutely no credence unless you put your real name and town on it. Don't think for a moment that they won't look you up in the database of registered voters on the Secretary of State's website. It will also show your political party affiliation, that's why I registered Independent. Both parties CRAVE the independent vote almost more than their own party hacks' vote.

Here is a link that's just a public portal, think about what's available to the public "servants" to garner info on someone.

https://secure.sos.state.or.us/ores...nbRp68j32NK3wVJFPLTv0PfcT1RBn45W2Mh!261229845

For those Republicans, Start your letter with:
I've been a moderate Republican my whole life that on occasion, like the last few Elections has voted against my party.........................

Mmmmm.... I bet they track that too. I've had more than one Union "brother" tell me about how our former union business manager rattled off exactly who they voted for in the public office elections... Secret ballots my arse. :eek:

Creepy sheite!! o_O

Well the Unions now!, they probably do have some special info at their fingertips!:eek:

Your average secretaries and interns skimming through and sorting Prozananski's and Burdick's letters and E-mails would accept them at face value at least at first anyway IMO.

If the letters became a flood, then I'm sure an "investigation" as to who these pro-gun moderate voters really are would secretly be initiated and be inconclusive as it would include real DEMS and Independents.

Finding out that a grass roots disinformation strategy has been played against them would both confuse and worry them a bit too I'm sure. At any rate it would SLOW them down.

We are being attack from many sides. I read on the lead bullet ban that their wanting to push through. Its going to follow California's B.S. restrictions.
They want to expand it to all bullets. You won't even be able to shoot lead at the range.
Muzzleloaders are really going to be screwed .

My Rep, a Dem of course has a 13% rating from OFF I believe, a small glimmer of hope for fans of lead bullets and lending a firearm to a friend!

I'll start my first letters with "Congratulations on your win!:mad: Although I'm looking forward to a new law on gun sale loopholes:(, I hope we don't make the same mistake as Washington Voters did.................... "

Of course I'll leave out the emotion faces.

My Rep, a Dem of course has a 13% rating from OFF I believe, a small glimmer of hope for fans of lead bullets and lending a firearm to a friend!

I'll start my first letters with "Congratulations on your win!:mad: Although I'm looking forward to a new law on gun sale loopholes:(, I hope we don't make the same mistake as Washington Voters did.................... "

Of course I'll leave out the emotion faces.

Honey catches more flies than vinegar. Even if it feels like the vinegar is stinging your eyes. They have the vote now, unfortunately.

I think the background checks for private sales is a given. What the anti's don't comprehend is that there are a lot of gun owners in Oregon that are hunters and don't give a hoot about AR's or extended magazine bans. However, when you cost them $ by forcing insurance, buying safes and non lead bullets on them they will go WTF? They will have awoken a voter base that has been silent as the AR and mag bans don't affect them.

With a narrow victory on the horizon for Democrat Chuck Riley over Sen. Bruce Starr, R-Hillsboro, the Oregon Senate appears headed for a Democratic super majority of 18-12.
The super majority means Senate Democrats wouldn't need a single Republican vote to pass any bill — even those that would raise or lower taxes.
Combine that with a majority in the House and a Democratic governor and previously un-passable legislation on gun control, fuel emissions, paid sick leave and legal aid funding begins to look tenable.

Riley won by 221 votes. I really want to ask him in a public forum what Steyer bought from him for his massive campaign contributions. I asked on his Facebook page, but they deleted it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top