JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone else noticed that after you've been waiting for over 29+ days to be approved they require you fill out another background check which they then call in and supposedly takes about 4 hrs and 2days later I'm still waiting! I've had a concealed license for years and never had any issue purchasing in the past and recently.
Also, the 2nd background check has a couple different questions, one of which is very confusing and seems aimed at catching people unaware, read it carefully!

Has anyone else noticed that after you've been waiting for over 29+ days to be approved they require you fill out another background check which they then call in and supposedly takes about 4 hrs and 2days later I'm still waiting! I've had a concealed license for years and never had any issue purchasing in the past and recently.
Also, the 2nd background check has a couple different questions, one of which is very confusing and seems aimed at catching people unaware, read it carefully!

That's your FFL fault. They shouldn't have to; there's a number they can call to get an extension.

A friend of mine bought a shooter at BiMart and it took 42 days for his background check to come back. Even though the 3 day transfer thing is perfectly legal if the BGC is delayed, a lot of stores like BiMart, Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas, etc., won't do it because of 'liability'. Last I heard, ,NW Armory and J&B gun store in Beaverton are doing the 3 day transfers.

Are there still BGC's taking that long? I thought the queue was finally down to a level where same-day approval would be feasible even if you do end up in line.

Sounds like traveling to Portland to buy a rifle and coming back with the rifle same day is becoming a reasonable probability?

110 miles each way, 220 miles total or $48 in diesel.
A second trip in 3 days adds another $48.
Add background and transfer fees and and 2 trips fuel that's about $160.00 in cost.
A single trip makes it a little better.

Then and again I could stop at the Slingshot Lounge at 55th and SE Foster and get a Heater Allen Pilsner on tap...It's one of the best...and there's a gun shop across the street. I am talking myself into this........

You think up and back with the rifle on the same day is a real probability?

Last Edited:
Sounds like traveling to Portland to buy a rifle and coming back with the rifle same day is becoming a reasonable probability?

Add background and transfer fees and and 2 trips fuel that's about $160.00 in cost.

Then and again I could stop at the Slingshot Lounge at 55th and SE Foster and get a Heater Allen Pilsner on tap...It's one of the best...and there's a gun shop across the street. I am talking myself into this........

You think up and back with the rifle is a real probability?
Why go to portland and not a LGS?

Background checks deliberately stalled?

Rrrrright......
It makes for, "Reasonable and Common Sense".
Since the ultimate goal was always the eventual elimination of private firearms ownership.

Now, can we think up/make up.....MORE hurdles and hoops to jump through?

".....shall not be infringed."

1690954955266.png

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

You think up and back with the rifle on the same day is a real probability?
It seems to be quite feasible these days but may be wise to err on the earlier side of the day. If you don't get instantly approved, the wait may still end up being a couple of hours. I made 2 purchases in the last few of weeks. One was instant but the other had me in ~80th place in the queue and took about 3 hours to clear. If I had shown up an hour before the FFL's closing time, I would've had to come back the following day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top