JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find it hilarious how all these oregon gun shops are now doing 3 days transfers when it's been the law for decades. A bunch of weak owners are no different than tyrants. I would recommend going to Idaho or Nevada to buy guns if you don't want to be in the database. Gun registration has been a thing in Oregon for many years. They record everything. And 114 makes that Database permanent. No more 5 year deletion. Although I belive nothing has ever been deleted. So once they do ban something in future maybe after supreme court is packed they will know everyone who owns anything not allowed.

I find it hilarious how all these oregon gun shops are now doing 3 days transfers when it's been the law for decades. A bunch of weak owners are no different than tyrants. I would recommend going to Idaho or Nevada to buy guns if you don't want to be in the database. Gun registration has been a thing in Oregon for many years. They record everything. And 114 makes that Database permanent. No more 5 year deletion. Although I belive nothing has ever been deleted. So once they do ban something in future maybe after supreme court is packed they will know everyone who owns anything not allowed.
Nice to recommend such.

However, you should note that handguns cannot be purchased that way. For what ?40, ?50 years?.

Idaho's private party handgun purchases.
If you live in Idaho (resident) and are over the age of 18, two things are needed:
1) a person willing to sell handgun
2) a person willing to buy the handgun.
nothin else...nothin else, no check, no permit etc.

If you live in Idaho (resident) and are over the age of 18, two things are needed:
The recommendation was not to move to Idaho, but to purchase guns from Idaho. You are correct, as a resident of Idaho, and many other free states, private party sales area perfectly legal.

State laws notwithstanding, Federal Law does not allow transfers to non-residents unless it is via an FFL:

Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of state, the firearm must be shipped to a federal firearms licensee (FFL) within the transferee's state of residence. The transferee may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check.

You may transfer a long gun (rifle, shotgun), via an FFL, to a non-resident of your state - but not a handgun. A handgun must be transferred to a non-resident via an FFL in the state of residence of the buyer.

You can sell privately to a resident of your state - if your state allows the transfer without BGC/FFL involvement.

Never mind.......
Somethings just not right.

I don't think there's anything hilarious about the work being done to run a small business.....let alone the highly regulated small business of an FFL selling firearms in a state being destroyed by the perverts and progressive garbage currently in charge in Salem, Oregon.

Make no mistake...the tyrants currently occupy the halls of government in Salem...not the shops run by small business owners providing goods and services to the residents of Oregon.

Last Edited:
Did anybody read the bait and switch bill that OR is about to pass? It will remake a new m114 and becomes effective immediately. I didn't read the background check stuff related to it (or much else of it so far). Will it stop transfers immediately? What else would it do?

Did anybody read the bait and switch bill OR is about to pass? It will remake a new m114 and becomes effective immediately. I didn't read the background check stuff related to it.
Then it will probably get an injunction immediately?

I am so glad I didn't wait to buy more mags, and that I got the guns I wanted last year and previously. Not that this makes 114/et. al. okay, just that you never know when this kind of fecal matter will be put in place, so don't wait. Same goes for ammo too - I am sure that if "they" get their way with 114/et. al., ammo will be next. California leads the way.

Like many, I was in the queue for my background check last Tuesday, I was 7,090 in line just off the phone with my FFL today, I'm 6,783, which amounts to almost 5 business days. The state has processed 307 background checks or about 61 a day some other posts mention they should be able to process about 500 a day. I really don't know if the 500 a day is accurate but it seems like they should be able to process way more than 61 a day?

Any insights on all this?
500 hundred a day seems realistically under-quoted given the amount of people the Goverment has on the computer system doing background checks, so how many employees are actually doing background checks compared to the amount of employees that are paid to do background checks? The DOJ used to contract out background checks years ago when i lived in the land of fruits and nuts , anyway I knew a person who used to work in a building in San Francisco ,ca that was one of the 500 contracted employees that did background checks, so this amount of people could probably process 8000 background checks a day give or take

Then it will probably get an injunction immediately?

I am so glad I didn't wait to buy more mags, and that I got the guns I wanted last year and previously. Not that this makes 114/et. al. okay, just that you never know when this kind of fecal matter will be put in place, so don't wait. Same goes for ammo too - I am sure that if "they" get their way with 114/et. al., ammo will be next. California leads the way.
From another post it looks like it repeals m114 and goes into effect immediately. So that would kill the existing m114 injunction and replace it with this which would stop gun sales immediately (unless it says somewhere that the permit and training portions start at a future date, I haven't read it).

Hopefully GOA has their suit for an injunction ready to file as soon as this bs bait-and-switch law is signed. If the CA BS laws are struck down by Benitez before it's signed that would make an injunction easier I would think.

From another post it looks like it repeals m114 and goes into effect immediately. So that would kill the existing m114 injunction and replace it with this which would stop gun sales immediately (unless it says somewhere that the permit and training portions start at a future date, I haven't read it).

Hopefully GOA has their suit for an injunction ready to file as soon as this bs bait-and-switch law is signed. If the CA BS laws are struck down by Benitez before it's signed that would make an injunction easier I would think.
I am betting the reasons for the injunction for 114 would still be valid. For one thing, until they have a permit process in place (which isn't there), such a law would essentially be a flat out prohibition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top