JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was very disappointed to hear that Washington has started down the slippery slope. I'm sure Oregon is next on the list but how soon do you think it will be?
Will it be a ballot measure or a bill run through Salem ?
I know a lot members here have a bug out plan for SHTF but what's your plans for this. Never thought I would have to move out of state because of this type of B.S.
I have 8 or maybe 9 years before I retire . if need be I will sell my house and move to a red state after retirement. I can't see staying in a state and supporting its economy when they don't want us here in the first place.
Not sure which red state to move to...... Don't like the extreme cold or heat.
Any suggestions and what's your plan when it passes here in Oregon?

sooner than later. My guesstimate is by March/April of 2015 it will be happening.

Firearm Trust everything with everyone you know..

Told wife it was time to move to TN. We have nothing holding us here.

The child is home schooled, wife is a Nurse so that's easily transferred somewhere else.

The Oregon House is 35/25 Dem and the Oregon Senate is 17/13 Dem, which means we're hosed. Look for it in the next legislative session with an "Emergency" clause to take effect within weeks of passage.

I've been sem-retired for several years...but still operate a small, thriving business. My wife is an Oregon native and has many ties here....all my kids and grandkids are on the Westcoast.
Factoring in my age.......estimating maybe 10-15 years left (if I'm lucky), I will not move.... and the thought of what is coming...is very stressful.

This is worse than any natural disasters I can think of. You can always rebuild you home and community.
This will put the whole west coast off limits.

As for a trust fund I don't want any part of that. This is a step to registration of all you guns .
After that we all know what has happened in N.Y. and Con.

The sad truth is that we really have two options now:

1. Capitulate and negotiate a UBC bill in the 2015 Legislature that includes all the exceptions and weakening language that we can get. If we don't do that we can expect...

2. A giant, hugely restrictive Initiative like I-594 that includes all the typical gun-grabber wet dreams: waiting periods, carry restrictions, etc.... Then we would have to fight it, which would be fairly unlikely.

It's unfortunate that we're in this position, but I don't see a good way out of it.

:s0146:

STOP SOUNDING LIKE YOUR GIVING UP!

Okay, Oregon didn't fare near as well last night as it has in the past. But from the sounds of the posts here about relocating and what we will see from the legislature, you're all acting like its already happened. All this means is that we now need to be more diligent than ever. Call, write, and visit your state congressmen. Regardless of party. If you only visit the ones who already agree with you, then you do NO good. Yes, chances are that the Oregon Legislature will try to push through some new gun control items. But we have a lot of good groups working on our behalf who didn't even let them get out of a democrat controlled committee last time.

So, with all due respect, pull up your big boy (or girl) pants, lace up your boots and do something. Support OFF, support the 2nd Amendment Foundation, support the NRA. Show up at demonstrations. BAND TOGETHER. We will never win the coming fight if we are a fractured group. That means open carriers, stop trying for shock and awe. CCW crowd, stop treating open carriers like they have a contagious disease. Hunters support the carry crowd. Collectors support the shooters. EVERYONE WORK TOGETHER. If this doesn't happen, then the gloom and doom some of you are predicting might as well have already happened. And for what its worth, if you aren't up for the fight or you can't support the cause, then please move like you've talked about, because you're only going to be an anchor in the fight to come. This is my home. I was born here. I've lived elsewhere. This is home, and to me its worth fighting for.

STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS.

Rant over, fight just beginning.

:s0045:

Nice rant. There's a big difference between giving up and as my dad use to say " read the writing on the wall."
Stopping this will be like pushing the sand against the tide. Its going to become law sooner or later.
Think not ...... Do you think the gun owners in Wa . didn't mobilize, didn't call, write emails ,go door to door to get out the information about how flawed this law would be.
If there was any hope for Oregon to head this off we would have had a new governor and senetor today. But it wasn't even close. In fact in case you hadn't noticed recreational pot is now legal . its been on the ballet many times before but last night it passed.
Every year in this blue state they turn out more liberals from the high schools and colleges .
I hope I'm wrong but I'm making plans in case I'm right.

How long before Oregon background checks?
Get ready for Mag cap limits, ammo tax, ban on sales of semi-auto etc. They are gonna try EVERYTHING and see what sticks.:mad:
This State is nearly hopelessly lost. A High School in Eugene did a mock election right before the real mid-term and the results were nearly IDENTICAL to yesterdays outcome except.........
All the measures passed like DLs for illegals etc.
How would an anti-gun measure fare with these young impressionable Students???

Strangely enough I do agree with the teacher who ran the mock Election when he said.....

The mock election is an effort to introduce students to the voting process, Kessler said.
"The earlier we can introduce to them the issues that matter to society, the more we can educate the electorate," he said. "It's the beginning. We want to develop lifelong learners and lifelong voters."
Please don't leave teaching your children gun rights and the 2nd Amendment to someone else!

I fear we will lose a few more gun rights in Oregon soon. Will the young voters coming up VOTE to get them back!???:(
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...nners--at-least-at-south-eugene-high.html.csp

Last Edited:
I agree its only a matter of time . it's all a numbers game. Every year there's fewer of us and the schools crank out 1000s more little liberals .
I have a 20 y.o. nice who went through school in Springfield. She has no respect for anything that conservative.

As soon as they go back into session, Prozac will be pushing it. If that doesn't work, even with the new DemokkkRat majority. You know nanny bloomy is going to buy it, just like in WA,,,

It was my understanding from the liberal agenda, this was a base. They see it's useless nationwide so knock off the state was one by one.

The big concern for myself is big money buys votes. It's a fact and has been. The only way to combat it to any extent is to join together.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top