JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How do you pronounce "carbine"?

• Car-Bean

Votes: 115 84.6%
  • Car-Byne

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • Um, eh, what is a carbine?

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Yep, you know they're from the wrong side of pond when you you hear that one.
Prolly fly in wooden airplanes as well.

:)

Ah yes, while we're talking about wooden airplanes, let's just make mention of the Mosquito. It flew more than twice as fast as the B17, carrying the same bomb-load AND was invisible on radar - in 1943.

media-407413.jpg

Just sayin'.....

tac

Ah yes, while we're talking about wooden airplanes, let's just make mention of the Mosquito. It flew more than twice as fast as the B17, carrying the same bomb-load AND was invisible on radar - in 1943.

View attachment 412245

Just sayin'.....

tac
I knew I was leaving a little red meat as I was typing.
LOL
Yes, the Mosquito was hell on the Nazis and a very nice looking ship as well.

General Schwarzkopf once declared "We've achieved "air superiority."
A British general corrected him. "No General, we've achieved "air supremacy".
Schwarzkopf acknowledged the correction, and then declared the the pool of reporters, "We have achieved air supremacy", with a nod to the British General (whose name escapes me).
I liked it.

Fun topic. C A R R--B E A N. G E R R--R A N D. O R--R E E E E E---G O N E, (hillbilly pronunciation) P O O--T A A--T O W. On and on. We had in my junior year in high school back in 1964 or so a young drop dead pretty lady from South Carolina as our difficult no bull shiet English teacher.

I worked very hard and only got a "C".

I forgot her name. Married to a huge Navy officer who was at sea. Later met him. Yikes! She was so hot. Also talked so funny. She pronounced a friends name Turnbouh as T--U--R--N--B--O-W Heavy hard emphasis on BOW. The class laughed every time she talked. Hard to understand. :)

View attachment 412245

Just sayin'.....

tac

Probably the most underrated and underutilized airplane of WW2. The plane was faster the the enemy fighters trying to shoot it down even carrying a bomb load, meanwhile hundreds of lumbering B17's and Lancaster's that were 100 mph slower than enemy fighters were being shot out of the sky. Plus they required only a crew of 2. Doesn't make much sense, but then again war isn't about sense.

It's a "Poarsh" until you own one, and then it's a "Por-sha"

Personally, i say KAR-BEAN. but it's all whatever...

But then again, I do cringe when i hear people call the wheels on their car "rims"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top