JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much pepper sauce do you use on your food?

• Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • A little dab will do ya

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • 4 or 6 good shakes thank you very much

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • I love a little food in my hot sauce

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters
I've got a big jar of Mt Olive pickle juice (ate the pickles) in the fridge.. I decided this morning I'm gonna fill it back up with serranos, sliced onions and carrots.. hey, some people guzzle the juice so I can't be hurting anything.

And for those culinary designers here,... AKA "cooks prone to experimentation," if you like the spicy, you gotta give this stuff a try:

62ae7ae3-6995-4c4b-b216-98d04f2599d7_1.a52390c068ad3d0c7067db7643652a74.jpe

Use it anywhere you would use chili powder, but be warned, its got a smokey kick that out powers chili powder by a lot!
Taco meat, Burrito filling, or Carne Asada seasoning sings with this stuff in it.

Im with it, burn me. Sometimes I can go for the hottest hot you got. I found a Taco trunk at the Semi-truck wash just off I5 at the Donald/Aurora exit, they have the perfect hot sauce on their taco for me. Its consumable but you sweat and sometimes it can burn on the way out. If you talking bento in Portland, No body beats Du's on Sandy & 52nd (I think its 52) their teriyaki sause is killer and they sell bottles, and the salad dressing they make is the best dressing I have ever had at a bento shop.

I love hot sauce, but I don't like pain.

So...Tabasco, Sriracha, Texas Pete's, Frank's...Any of these beginner sauces work well for me. And I do use a lot.

WAYNO.

My internal plumbing is not set up for that kind of stuff anymore. I did a cajun period back in the day. Never have been a hot sauce fan. My boys used a LOT of it on MRE's when they were forward deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Between that and the stress of being shot at all the time, 2 of them had major acid reflux issues for about 3 years after coming back.

Hell no!

Burns in and burns out???:rolleyes:

Sounds like Guantanamo torcher to me...

I like savory and sweet. Y'all can keep the heat and compare who's sphincter can handle the most:eek::p.
Qdoba or Taco Del Mar Salsa Verde are quite enough for me, thanks. I don't like that feeling of being buttraped with a blowtorch from the inside out...

If you want a good spicy drink, I would reccommend the Serrano Lime Drop at NUestra Cocina on SE Division @ 20th-ish. Their Habanero Lime drop is also good.

Anyone made/infused their own vodka?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads