JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much pepper sauce do you use on your food?

• Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • A little dab will do ya

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • 4 or 6 good shakes thank you very much

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • I love a little food in my hot sauce

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters
Thank you @Lightborne. Most of these are new to me, so I will have to be doing some experimentation with them. Thank you for the insight. :)

The only one in that photo I don't care for is the Blair's Sudden Death. It's more of a novelty 'how hot can you handle?' sauce, where there's really no flavor ,just lots of pain that lingers forever.

I'd stay away from anything with pepper extracts in it unless you really like stupidly hot stuff.

Thank you for the additional details @Lightborne. I like hot sauce, and put it on a great many meals, but I have never really understood the penchant for the really brutal hot sauces. A good sauce can enhance a meal greatly, but if is causing actual physical pain, what is the value in this? :eek:

I actually have to correct the record from an earlier post in this thread. The sauce I was given as a gift is called "Mad Dog 357" and the label says it was made with "6 Million Scoville Pepper Extract", among other things, including 160,000 Scoville Cayenne Peppers.

I just opened it today and tried it on a burrito. I think I've met my match. That stuff kicked my butt.

How about the Plutonium version!:eek:

Catfish Coolly Style!!!!!:D;)

I've scaled back my hot sauces to Blair's Sudden Death and a couple other milder favorites. I'm too old to thrill seek with hot sauces, so the Mad Dog 357 is gone.

Years ago something called 'Pheromone Rush' provided excitement & entertainment.....literally ONE drop in a pot of beans was plenty.

Took it to a Mexican place I favored at the time, and the staff there was unimpressed for flavor although it was too hot for them to enjoy.

Finally the remains in the bottle went to the dump.

Last Edited:
Been a lot of years since I'd search for a sauce with good flavor (#1 criteria) and stunning heat. Now all I keep on hand is Tapatio and Tabasco Chipotle. The chipotle is a real nice change for a bloody mary. I also think the people that go for the stuff that make tears gush from their eyes and scabs form in the corners of their mouths might have a screw loose. Some of those food shows where people go for the record HOT wings eaten, for example. :confused:

To be honest I'm a lightweight when it comes to hot sauce, but that doesn't lessen my love for spicy food. This stuff here is my go-to, and at $2.99/bottle it's a bargain.

habanero-hot-sauce (1).jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads