JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much pepper sauce do you use on your food?

• Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • A little dab will do ya

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • 4 or 6 good shakes thank you very much

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • I love a little food in my hot sauce

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters
If memory serves, the numbers I saw were Frank's about 450 on the Scoville scale, Tabasco Original about 700.

I have eaten the Habanero sauces as well as others, but flavor is what counts, isn't it? I prefer taste over gastric self-abuse. Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy the hotter sauces but flavor counts. Why do you think I buy the 23 ounce bottles three at a time?

I have eaten the Habanero sauces as well as others, but flavor is what counts, isn't it? I prefer taste over gastric self-abuse. Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy the hotter sauces but flavor counts. Why do you think I buy the 23 ounce bottles three at a time?
Given that Tabasco is known to be too hot for me, I was thinking that maybe something halfway down the scale from that might be the next "ranging shot"--Arby's sauce or Pace Mild Picante are about my everyday limits.

I'm willing to endure a little pain for flavor (without fail, Mongolian makes me sh*t like a goose) but it's gotta be WORTH it. Man, I wish Chang's hadn't pulled out of the Puget Sound area... :(

Depends on the cuisine...but Chalula, Tabasco, Franks, El Yucatan, Sriracha, Huy Fong garlic sauce...
Call home and tell the wife to put the TP in the freezer....

I can't believe I didn't see this topic... :( I love hot sauce. Everytime I go to Tennessee I stop by a store to pick up the hottest sauce they got.

Last time I got some flashbang, and it gets used everytime I make chili. With 3.5 million scoville 3 drops every two servings is enough.

I can't believe I didn't see this topic... :( I love hot sauce. Everytime I go to Tennessee I stop by a store to pick up the hottest sauce they got.

Last time I got some flashbang, and it gets used everytime I make chili. With 3.5 million scoville 3 drops every two servings is enough.
Holy crap. That's good to eat? Just heat?

I have a bottle of hot sauce called ".357 Magnum". It comes with a fake .357 bullet that unscrews to reveal a small spoon. I think they a bunch of those bullet/spoons left over from the 80's cocaine era and just re-fashioned it for hot sauce "bumps". It is rated at 650,000 Scovilles, which is hot, but I've had hotter. Looking forward to cracking that one open one of these days.

I've been hotting up my morning eggs by adding like a half tsp of Blair's Mega Death to a bottle Valentina picante sauce.
it's about just right.. not too hot at all
That Blair's by itself is just stupid.

Sauce to add to food: TapaTio, Cholula, Tabasco (Red & Green), Siracha, Franks, Aardvark (PDX Made) as well as the Sweet Thai Chili sauce you can buy from Big Dan's bento in NW PDX.

If I'm cooking: Peppers would be: Ground White Pepper, Cayenne Powder, Poblano, Hatch New Mexico Green Chile, Serrano, Jalapeno, Habanero and occasionally some of the thai chilies.

For crockpot stuff, it's Herdez Green, or Pace Red spicy salsa. Sometimes some of the above cooking chilies make it into the mix. :)

Flavorful, but not overwhelming is the goal for me.

Sauce to add to food: TapaTio, Cholula, Tabasco (Red & Green), Siracha, Franks, Aardvark (PDX Made) as well as the Sweet Thai Chili sauce you can buy from Big Dan's bento in NW PDX.

If I'm cooking: Peppers would be: Ground White Pepper, Cayenne Powder, Poblano, Hatch New Mexico Green Chile, Serrano, Jalapeno, Habanero and occasionally some of the thai chilies.

For crockpot stuff, it's Herdez Green, or Pace Red spicy salsa. Sometimes some of the above cooking chilies make it into the mix. :)

Flavorful, but not overwhelming is the goal for me.
Try the bento at uptown meat market on 23rd
It's better

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews