JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much pepper sauce do you use on your food?

• Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • A little dab will do ya

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • 4 or 6 good shakes thank you very much

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • I love a little food in my hot sauce

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters
I like hot cause I have very little sense of smell so I need to feel the flavor:s0073:
But I'm not a fan boy of any particular brand. I just incorporate jalapeños into most everything.
Excuse me,I am a fan boy of the Vietnamese chilling PASTE (sarachi? is fine but the paste is best in soup)
But there is a few different brands around and a slew of chili powders and cumin and such for cooking
Maybe dice up a habanero for some real kick?
Jet.com - Prices Drop As You Shop

image.jpeg image.jpeg Thumbs way up on the Melindas.
Back in the day when I used to compete on the BBQ circuit we were in Memphis and aside from the regular comp Frank's sponsored a hot wings event. Your sauce had to be at least half of 1 of their products and they gave you as much as you wanted, I'm talking gallon jugs here. Any way our team consisted of 6 cooks. I sent each person out to at least 2 grocery stores to canvass and find the top 2 hot sauces sold at each store. The judges of the hot wing comp were all local and I wanted to see what Memphis folk fancied for sauce. Long story short we cut 50/50 with the above and came back with a 1st place.

For certain foods I always use a little hot sauce. They include Crystal, Louisiana Hot Sauce, Tapatío, Dat'l Do-It, and some others. I've never been a fan of the super pain-inducing hot ones though.

Trader Joe's Green Dragon Jalapeno Sauce and any of the Tabasco for everyday use.

Blair's Death Sauce or Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauces for when I am feeling bold. A dot or two is all it takes with these two. :eek:

They do taste good though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Call me a wuss if you must... the strongest spice I can do is two-star Phad Thai on a five-star scale, and that's only when I have a Head Cold From Hell (and on the rare occasion when I can find somebody who'll make it without the fish sauce so my allergies don't redecorate the place a lovely shade of Bile Green). Pretty much my everyday limit is Qdoba or Taco Del Mar salsa verde, or Chinese hot mustard.

This is gonna be a challenge... the GF discovered Frank's Red Hot about a year ago, and despite generally not being a Hot N Spicy type (among other issues) she thinks the stuff is practically a food group of its own. (Could be worse... my mother likes a little bread with her butter, and would happily eat a bowl of hot gravy with nothing else if you put it in front of her. O.O And she wonders why she's considered Morbidly Obese and can't walk...)

Last Edited:
Don't go in too much for the five-alarm, mega Scoville wonder sauces. Not worth the "ring of fire" the next morning...
I'm a flavor over hear sorta guy.
That being said, my 3 go to sauces are as follows:
"Frank's Red Hot" for eggs & wings
"Secret Aardvark" for everything else American
"Valentina Extra Hot" on my Mexican fare.

Two kinds of Habanero sauce in the fridge. Never been a fan of Tabasco. Jalapeno's are too mild. I've always divided the various hot sauces of every culture into hot, red hot, and call the fire department. I go for the red hot.

Got my GF a final stocking stuffer last Christmas, a 4-pack of various no-name hot sauces at Bi-Mart, just to try them. We both like 'em all, and it's interesting to have choices. She normally gets Tapatio, which I like on breakfasts.

In the fridge we have 2 of the Cholula varieties at the moment. There hot sauce with garlic, & the green. Both are pretty tasty, with the garlic going with almost anything, and the green if we want extra kick.

Under $3 a bottle at Walmart. It's the brand with the wooden screw top bottle.

Favorite used to be Trader Joes jalapeño-really nice smoked jalapeño flavor, but haven't done a Trader Joes shop in ages.

Tied for 1-2 Melindas Habanero sauce and Siracha.

Since we cook a lot of Asian, especially Korean, foods we go through more Siracha than anything else! Since we grew up with Tobasco we have a couple in the fridge. I like a couple squirts, with salt and pepper in my morning tomato juice!
When we travel we always pick up a couple bottles of habanero hot sauce. One for my son and one for me! :D We both like the taste and heat of Habanero peppers.

Finally, we are all completely hooked on Trader Joes Siracha/roasted garlic BBQ sauce! It's the bomb!!!
My wife makes fantastic pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw on brioche buns. Slather some of the TJ's sauce on top and you in heaven, boy! :p

I like heat but I still like to taste the food. I go through 3 to 4 lbs of Jalapenos a week. I like to slice or chop them put them into a bowl add some butter a little lemon juice and a dab of salt then microwave for 1 to 2 min depending on amount. This kills the pepper taste and just leaves the heat. (Sometimes I just do the butter by its self)

I add the peppers and the butter to food or use the butter to put on my bread/toast. It is good on or in any food or sandwiches. Spread the butter and peppers on French or garlic bread then cover with pepper jack and cheddar cheese and broil.

I also like Franks red hot Sriracha sauce on eggs, potatoes and mixed with soy sauce it's great on pot stickers.

Ardvark habanero and tapatio are my two favorites. As long as theres not to much vinegar all hot sauces are good to me, I've eaten habanero's by themselves before and like em but I'm still waiting for the reaper peppers to come back in stock so I can punish my intestinal track even more.:D

I'm still waiting for the reaper peppers to come back in stock so I can punish my intestinal track even more.:D

I ate a good portion of a fresh reaper and it was a different experience from habs or ghosts....after you got past the heat, a few minutes later, the waves of pain started. Much like I imagine getting kicked in the gut by a donkey feels like. First time I got anything like that from a natural hot pepper.

Good luck.

I have a bunch of reaper seeds in my pepper seed bank. If you want some to grow your own, let me know.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top