JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How much pepper sauce do you use on your food?

• Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • A little dab will do ya

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • 4 or 6 good shakes thank you very much

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • I love a little food in my hot sauce

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
So what are your favorites? Heat level? I'm interested in the ones you have in your fridge not necessarily the ones that take the hide off your tongue found on the web unless of course it's your go to pepper sauce.

I love tabasco (green and red), and Cholula (the bottle with the round wood cap).

One of my breakfast favorites is hash browns, eggs over medium all mixed together with Cholula sauce, accompanied by bacon and sour dough toast, coffee and milk to wash it all down....

Dammit... now I gotta get outta bed and whip out the cast iron skillet and get busy.... thanks a lot!! :D

I like it spicy! I grow my own hot peppers (Trinidad scorpions, 7 pots, ghosts,etc), make some of the most insanely hot beef jerky, make my own sauces occasionally & always have a selection of commercial hot sauces on hand. Cajohns, Blair's & Heartbreaking Dawns make some great hot+ sauces but we always have low burn stuff like cholula/'basco around. I typically don't like the flavor of the sauces that use extracts to bump up the heat & stick to the straight pepper based ones like Blair's Pure Death & Cajohn's El Chupacabra

there is a reason hot sauce causes endorphins its your body trying to protect itself from ingesting stuff it thinks is going to hurt and can do just that depending on how it actually is.

I love tabasco (green and red), and Cholula (the bottle with the round wood cap).

One of my breakfast favorites is hash browns, eggs over medium all mixed together with Cholula sauce, accompanied by bacon and sour dough toast, coffee and milk to wash it all down....

Dammit... now I gotta get outta bed and whip out the cast iron skillet and get busy.... thanks a lot!! :D

I only use Tabasco in a Bloody Mary. But Cholula is the stuff I'll add to my food - eggs, hashbrowns, you bet - that's the best use for it! I'll take my eggs over easy though...

Any of a dozen kinds of hot spices & sauces: curry powder, chili powder, Cajun seasoning, Tobasco, hot sauce, and some weird stuff from the International food store that I can't even decipher... Oh yeah, don't forget Korean kim-chi! Yum!

"The Spice must flow, for he who controls the Spice controls the Universe!" --Frank Herbert, Dune

Last Edited:
I use a lot of Sriracha, Tobasco (Chipoltle please), and one of my favorites is Secret Ardvark Habanero Store

Sriracha or Thai sweet pepper sauce always go on my Asian dishes. Try mixing 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Sriracha with a tablespoon of Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce to season a chicken bowl or something similar.

Hash browns and eggs, over easy, mixed and seasoned with Tobasco are as normal as hot dogs and mustard!

I do like the flavor of these two mostly...No burn the skin off your tongue or when it comes out!

I have worked with a very nice Mexican fellow and he turned me onto Valentina, I had been a Cholula lover for years, but after one taste of Valentina, Ive never returned to Cholula.
Valentina does come in extra hot if you like.
valentina.jpeg

Slightly spicier, with a good smokey flavor is Bufalo,
08-Picante-Bufalo-Salsa-Chipotle-sauce.jpg

And on eggs in the morning or various other applications I like
Herdez brand green salsa verda
product-salsa-verde.png

I do like the flavor of these two mostly...No burn the skin off your tongue or when it comes out!

I have worked with a very nice Mexican fellow and he turned me onto Valentina, I had been a Cholula lover for years, but after one taste of Valentina, Ive never returned to Cholula.
Valentina does come in extra hot if you like.
View attachment 314991

Slightly spicier, with a good smokey flavor is Bufalo,
View attachment 314992

And on eggs in the morning or various other applications I like
Herdez brand green salsa verda
View attachment 314993

That Valentina sounds good, I may have to try it. I prefer it more for flavor than for heat.

Last Edited:
No heat for me anymore and even before very little to none was my preference.

I used to be no heat, no hot sauce, on anything. I find as I get older I like the extra spice/flavor more than I did in the past. Probably has to do with the dulling our sense of taste as we get older.

But then, again, I don't have any issues with my gut, so....

Not a fan of the insanely hot stuff because I like to be able to taste the second bite. Sriracha is just too sweet for my taste. Valentina, Tapatio and Cholula is what I generally buy. Chipotle Cholula is fantastic! I go through a bottle a week sometimes when the local tamale goddesses smile upon me. ;)

I always try to keep a bottle of Tabasco around the house. Nothing better on eggs and hash browns!

I've settled on Cholula Chipoltle' for most things nowadays.
I do like Melinda's Habanero sauce too, but that has more to do with the fact they use vegetable juice instead of vinegar.

Mostly I've backed away from hot sauce being a contest about who can eat the hottest. I like a little spice (on food as well as in life) but I don't like it being the focus of the flavor. A condiment should compliment, not dominate.

Last Edited:
I'm a fan of hot but flavorful.
No real favorites for me. I'll try anything hot and flavorful at a Mexican , Asian or Indian restaurant.
Liking this thread , gives me new sauces and peppers to try out!
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top