JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The fool's son is filming this, telling people that he wished someone would hurt him and stop this.

Listen to him talk while filming; the son (just as much of a fool/jackass for his "enabling" attitude) is laughing at his father's amoral/antisocial conduct!

If this is the prevailing social mores/attitudes, may God help the future of the Republic.

It's probably worse in bigger cities then Portland. Didn't watch the video - I got the major highlights just reading the thread.

Worked in an around Portland for a decade which included regular night shifts. Had to park and get in and out of the vehicle with tools at different places all night.

Partly it could be my physical size but I always treated homeless people with respect and was always treated with respect in return - I guess I'm lucky the real loonies and I never met but I don't think Crazy is a good overall term for homeless people...

Some just hit hard times and have never pulled themselves out of it.

For years I worked as an Armed Patrol Security Officer in Clackamas, Multnomah counties as well as Clark County, WA. Portland's intellectually/mentally coherent/cogent are a true minority. 90% of them are drug and alcohol dependent as well. The same ratio have backgrounds with multiple felonies.

These individuals are best treated as one would an undisciplined child. When they display violent and antisocial behavior, they should be subdued and turned over to the authorities for approriate action.

Funny part was the girl seemed that she could care less. Stood within punching range and filmed the guy. Was this some test to see if they were brave enough to hang in NYC?

Just another thought on this. Maybe the guy is just a product of public schools where he's been taught/conditioned that you don't fight back - ever. And if you do, you'll be the one that's punished. It's happened over and over in the schools - proving that self-defense is a bad thing, and will result in negative consequences for those that defend themselves and others. He may just be more afraid of the police than the homeless dude.

How is he going to defend his girl from the sitting position? Sheesh.

Using your legs (assuming they are planted with your feet) to help propel your mass upwards would give you one hell of an upper cut:cool:.

Agreed that taking abuse just perpetuates it like with kids and dogs - nip it in the bud and kick some bubblegum when assaulted.

The entire thing looks completely staged to me...like they were trying to get bystanders to step in to help. The "victims" in reality would have left by minute 1 and not continued taking that level abuse. Also, her camera would have been smashed/grabbed away very early on.

Something along the lines of that idiotic TV show "What Would You Do ?" where they use actors to stage various anti-social situations like refuse service from a minority waiter, while cussing them out and threatening them, or staging a mugging...all to see and video how those around them react.

If this is the case, it's the lack/weakness of the witnesses responses that I find disappointing.

Funny, all the different anatomy being threatened!:)

I would have kicked his knee in half. Head, ribs would be for later! I liked to leave a little something to remember me by.:D

"Come along, honey! We need to clear out of this area now!":p

This is in Union Square in NYC I believe. If you search around there are several videos like this. Someone mentioned that the guy taping was the Son of the crack head, that may be true but I doubt it is in the biblical sense.

"Street Families" (which is what I believe you are viewing here) are often made up of multiple Mothers/fathers/sons/daughters/sisters/brothers etc., very few of them actually related. They tend to slip into "roles" like that as they are inducted into the homeless communities and the ones that spend the days in Union Square are certainly a community.

That area is a meeting ground (in good weather) for the cities homeless and otherwise fringe members of society in NYC. there are several well known individuals (to anyone who frequents Union Square) who are very antagonistic and violent towards strangers. There is also a large amount of street performances and panhandling that happens there.

Why anyone would want to go sit there is beyond me. That guy is a coward, even if he did not want to fight, he has an obligation to protect his guest, he failed a few times. He states later in the video that he is a "pacifist" but I call shenanigans on that, as he clearly spit in the dudes face at one point. I was raised to not spit in peoples faces, and if that is not a sign of aggression, I do not know what is.

Just another man child wearing skinny jeans that's never had to defend himself or someone else, would be my guess.

I hope its not too off topic , but I like Robert A. Heinlein's quote:
"A proper pacifist is one who fight for his right to be peaceful."

That being stated I agree spiting in someone's face is an act of aggression and not always a good one at that.
There is a world of difference between fighting and self defense.
Andy

Funny, all the different anatomy being threatened!:)

I would have kicked his knee in half. Head, ribs would be for later! I liked to leave a little something to remember me by.:D

"Come along, honey! We need to clear out of this area now!":p
I thought about the knee thing too, but the problem as I see it is once his leg folded the wrong way, you could then be the one going to jail for permanently disabling the poor homeless man. There were just too many cameras present to do what needed to be done.

What the hey? Ticked me off just watching that jerk. Everybody else seems to be watching their tech toys and ignores the whole situation. No sense of responsibility there beyond getting a short video of the event. Honestly I don't know what I personally would do -being an old guy and all- but most likely it would end in gratuitous violence for the jerk. You mess with me it's one thing but no one messes with my lady. Geez. Goes to situational awareness IMHO. Be ready before anything happens. Be prepared to do what is required to protect your loved ones. If it looks dicey, don't go there. Like another poster I will not go to Pioneer Square in PDX. Crazies there with no sense of decency.

I echo the statement Situational Awareness ... Just because you can go somewhere , dosen't mean you should.
Also I understand about not wanting or being able to be involved as a bystander , but damn , you can call for help at least ...
And not just ignore , film , egg on and any other non helpful action.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads