JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My older brother was a heavy drinker from the age of 10 (in 1960) until he "disappeared". I never found him. I believe he died somewhere in Waldport, OR at age 63. He was about a useless as breasts on a boar hog. I'm glad he's gone. He was a waste of food, shelter and oxygen.

If the box fits, wear it.

Last Edited:
Unfortunately it's not a pussifaction of the people, its fear our elected officials have instilled in us. Here in The Peoples Republic of OryGun, we have the infamous measure 11 that basically takes away your rights to defend your self against such threats. The sad reality of this is that you and I cannot do any thing to defend our selves with out incurring the wrath of the justice system. If that happened here ( likely the same as NYC) the good guy would be facing a 5 year sentence for taking any defensive stance resulting in harm to the bad guy! I sure miss the good old days when you could give an azzhole like that a good tune up and walk away with out getting the Politzi involved! As long as the dude didn't have to take a trip in a wambulence, all would have ended then and there! Then we have the whole mental health and drug issues. I think I should stop now.

This makes me want to keep pepper spray on my keychain or in my pocket now when I enter larger cities.

Sure would have disabled him quickly.

It's incredible how many aggressive moves the man made that would be enough to warrant a face full of capsaicin.

This makes me want to keep pepper spray on my keychain or in my pocket now when I enter larger cities.

Sure would have disabled him quickly.

It's incredible how many aggressive moves the man made that would be enough to warrant a face full of capsaicin.

That and/or a stun gun to the throat! I would have given that azz whole something to think about for the remainder of his life. I have zero patients for stupid aggressive people getting in my face. And if you mess with my lady or my dog:mad:!.

Unfortunately it's not a pussifaction of the people, its fear our elected officials have instilled in us. Here in The Peoples Republic of OryGun, we have the infamous measure 11 that basically takes away your rights to defend your self against such threats. The sad reality of this is that you and I cannot do any thing to defend our selves with out incurring the wrath of the justice system. If that happened here ( likely the same as NYC) the good guy would be facing a 5 year sentence for taking any defensive stance resulting in harm to the bad guy! I sure miss the good old days when you could give an azzhole like that a good tune up and walk away with out getting the Politzi involved! As long as the dude didn't have to take a trip in a wambulence, all would have ended then and there! Then we have the whole mental health and drug issues. I think I should stop now.

Isn't measure 11 the 1994 mandatory minimum sentence law? Very curious as to what you are referring to, as I read Oregon self defense "mutual combat" like this would be, is difficult to prosecute.

For those who said they would use their hands if they were carrying in this instance, I just don't get that either, if I get in a fight when I have a gun, I am in a fight for my life at that point, because if other guy gets hold of me, I have to infer they are going for my gun.

Walk the f*** away...simple, call me a pussy, fine by me.

Isn't measure 11 the 1994 mandatory minimum sentence law? Very curious as to what you are referring to, as I read Oregon self defense "mutual combat" like this would be, is difficult to prosecute.

For those who said they would use their hands if they were carrying in this instance, I just don't get that either, if I get in a fight when I have a gun, I am in a fight for my life at that point, because if other guy gets hold of me, I have to infer they are going for my gun.

Walk the f*** away...simple, call me a pussy, fine by me.
Yes, its the mandatory sentencing law.

I am 68 years old and debilitated by arthritis. There is no way I am going mano-a-mano even with a crackhead bozo like that. Recent hip replacement surgery has necessitated a walking stick which the surgeon called a cudgel when he saw it. (About chest high with the big end the size of a baseball bat.) Do a search for "fighting cane" and watch how well ramming the ground contact end into the area above the pubis with lots of gusto works to put the assailant on the ground. I do also carry a sidearm and a lockblade folder that I can shave with, but poking the pest with my walking stick is a lot less likely to result in legal problems than shooting or eviscerating him in the absence of him displaying a weapon. (In that case it's to slide lock with no apologies) I have also had 2 concussions since 2004 from automotive impacts so even getting punched in the head is likely to cause great bodily harm. I am polite to all and sundry because that's how civilized people act, and I avoid stuff like returning the finger in traffic because I just don't wish to escalate a minor insult into a life-altering incident of "gun violence."

If the guy doesn't want to react more power to him. Actually it may be better because he waited too long. I think an immediate response would have been fine but who would the police see as the money maker? The kid would probably get the fines on top if being harassed.

Though at first I thought he was going to kick the guy in the nuts. That would have been hilarious. I could have done that for 10 mins straight.

When I realized the videographer was the harasser's son, I immediately smelled a scam. He wishes someone would hit his dad, most likely while he's recording it. Then the two take the poor sucker to court.

Alcoholism and Drug addiction may be considered "diseases", but they are generally voluntary and self-inflicted.

Any disagreement?
No one chooses to become an active alcoholic or addict.

That being said, the only way to overcome the disease is to suffer enough consequences that one hits bottom and becomes willing to get help and be accountable.

For some people, unfortunately, the bottom they wind up hitting is death.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top