JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No offense there Andy but you are a rarity and definitely an exception. I'd bet that 70-80% of the teachers out there are towing the line, especially in big cities. We were actually told by our10th grade American Govt teacher, her quote "Republicans are bad and Democrats are good", amongst other things. She also attempted to re-write historical American events to paint the picture that she/they(whoever "they" are), wanted.

I get it ....and understand that as much as I would like to be otherwise , I am most likely a rarity....
That said...
In my class I do my best to get my students to think for themselves...and I would never say what your teacher told your class.

As for re-writing history...
That along with passing 21st century standards , judgments , values etc on the people and actions of the past is wrong....
It also does you and the person of the past and event , a disservice .

History is simply what and who happened...they and the event do not care if you like it or not....
One is always free to like some things and dislike others , of course...but to
Whitewash...
Pass judgment...
Re-write to suit a current idea , fad , trend , etc...Is wrong.

To do any of the above is to lose your history...
If you lose your history , you can't tell where you have been...
If you can't tell where you have been...how do you know where to go...?
To lose the past , is to lose the future.
Andy

I get it ....and understand that as much as I would like to be otherwise , I am most likely a rarity....
That said...
In my class I do my best to get my students to think for themselves...and I would never say what your teacher told your class.

That along with passing 21st century standards , judgments , values etc on the people and action of the past is wrong....

History is simply what and who happened...they and the event do not care if you like it or not....
Whitewash...
Pass judgment...

If you can't tell where you have been...how to you know where to go...?
Andy
Amen! Wish they could be like Andy from Everson:)

That said...

That along with passing 21st century standards , judgments , values etc on the people and action of the past is wrong....

Whitewash...
Pass judgment...

If you can't tell where you have been...how to you know where to go...?
Andy

I heard very similar words from my teacher when I took Cultural Anthropology, studying cultures I found very quickly, you could be talking with people the book spoke of, yet to talk with them in person it would be night and day. Its during those years I stopped referring the best I could to people with color. Just my thing.. Good stuff Andy.

He first lied about being at the school when the shooting happened. Liberal media seems to have forgotten that. Who is funding and providing the material for his antics? Follow the $, the trail will end at Bloomberg's checkbook.

Lets remember that we have at least three teachers here on the forum
Speaking only for myself....Not all teachers are anti :
Gun ...
US history...
Civics...
US Citizenship etc...

Am I an exception...? maybe...
But I would like to think that there are more of us than what is stereotypically shown , broadcast , heard of etc , in the teaching profession.
Andy

Andy, I don't know if you are an exception, but you are indeed an exceptional individual. I can say that as a student (graduated in 1978) there was a slight majority of teachers that leaned left and as we advanced from Jr. High to High School the more left leaning things became. The teachers I had that had careers outside of the educational system (everything from military service to car salesmen) were the ones that leaned right. I think most if not all teachers are doing what they think is right.

The "indoctrination" that I experienced was due to more to the class structures, syllabus, and materials - things that I think are mostly out of a teacher's control. There were a few teachers, however, that would find a way to take us aside in small groups and start a discussion with "I'm not supposed to talk about this..." and they were always the ones pushing leftist social politics.

Luckily I teach in a "Life Skills" class...so while reading , writing and arithmetic is on the lesson plan...
We can and do cover things like :
Just what are you saying and "Pledging" to during the Pledge of Allegiance...
Fair does not always mean equal...
Regardless of what your facbook "freinds" say...the whole world might not care 'bout your opinion...
You will not always win...wining 1st , 2nd and 3rd , takes work ...is not given...

When I discuss controversial subjects and asked my opinion , I :
Tailor my response to my class...
Will preface my remarks with a : "I am adult who has far more life experience than you , this is how I think...but that does not mean that what I think , is necessarily "right" or "right" for you....

Again is seems like how I run my class is an exception / different than others...
Andy

15353401497881239927510001.png
Maybe he's given up on the first two?:rolleyes:

SW should donate 5 mill to the NRA.

That would be freaking awesome!!!!! :s0132:

But you got me thinking and I got one better...Take that 5 million and give a life membership to the NRA with the purchase of qualifying firearms (namely their ARs and double stack pistols). All ready a life member? No problem it is fully transferable, give as a gift. NRA not only gets the money but new member to boot, S&W sells lots & lots of guns that piss off liberals, everybody important wins and Hogg gets his nose rubbed in it

Pass me my drink, my work is done here. :s0032:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR