JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a waste of money and guns! That is what I thought when I first saw this on the national news the other day.

He should have DONATED the guns to the U.S. Military or to a Police/Sheriff's Department. Take the tax write off there - legally.

I wonder if they were really DESTROYED and not used as a 'charge back' to a supplier or sold to another company. I would LOVE to see the actual film of this being done if DICK'S STORY is true when it comes to gun destruction.

Now, he could have been PAID by one or more anti gun RICH men or their groups and those groups destroyed the guns. Beats me! Other people thought the same thing as I did.

As far as a tax write off goes... destroying your own inventory whether it is for virtue signaling or publicity - I do not think that meets the IRS code for a publicity stunt or for an COMMERCIAL AD unless DICK'S has it on FILM (A complete film with a gun count.) and plays it as an commercial ad for their store and even there - I doubt it the IRS would consider it a VALID DEDUCTION.

But hey! Large corporations and political thieves get things that the average SLAVE taxpayer does not get when it comes to PAYING all taxes in a sane and FAIR manner.

Cate

A few weeks ago, on a few financial websites, I read that DICK'S might even quit selling ALL guns and/or ammunition too. I do not know if that story was true or not. Scuttlebutt?

They are not in this area. I would not choose to shop at their store if they were here.

I do know some men and one lady who USED to shop at Dick's for ammunition for their various firearms back in the New York area. A few of them bought some firearms from them too. But when Dick's got more anti gun - those men stopped shopping at their stores.

And one man said that it was a shame since he did a lot of ammo shopping there since it was close to his NY home. He bought a nice rifle (Semi automatic one because that is what SHE wanted. A Ruger 10/22 but I am not positive.) for his wife and she wanted it to be a pale pink color and he FIXED IT all up for her. She had matching gear and got into shooting a LOT back there in NY. I was proud of her and HE was proud of his wife too. She got VERY involved in shooting and helped encourage other NY ladies too.

I am not into pale pink rifles but if that lady WANTED that color for her rifle - good for her and more power to her! Her husband did a very nice job in painting that rifle for her too.

She was going to get into shotgun shooting too. She got into firearms for SELF DEFENSE reasons especially after Hurricane Sandy did damage in their NY area not just in NJ. They had some STRANGE people come into their area after the hurricane and many people LEFT their homes and did not return. Thefts! They left at the last minute so to speak but they did return to their home as quickly as they could. Her husband who was on that old forum was ALWAYS into self defense and he was raised around guns in the Long Island area and upstate NY. He would be in his 70's now.

So when I see something about Dick's - it reminds me of him and how he always bought ammunition on sale or not on sale on a weekly basis when he did his other shopping. It reminds me of his nice wife and her first firearm too.

Excuse my ramble here. Thank you!

Side note: Hurricane Sandy (October/November 2012) happened BEFORE the CT school murders in December 2012. The anti gun Craziness and the fake/real Shortages happened right after that incident and it went on for a LONG time as in Years. The people who did not plan ahead or stock up noticed it a lot. The Newbies in guns noticed it a lot. It did not bother my NY friends because they stocked up and planned ahead. It did not bother many of my friends in MT and around the country and it did not bother us either. We planned ahead and we helped one another too. The NY man's ammunition stayed safe and DRY even though he did have some WORK to do in his basement area due to the hurricane.

Cate
Added more.

Last Edited:
Follow the money. You got to wonder what billionaire associate covered these "losses".

Why, you and I did. They will deduct the "unsellable inventory" from their income, you and I pay whatever part equals their tax savings. You're welcome!
On another side of it, they bought em, they own 'em, they can do whatever they want with them and it's nobody else's business. Remember that part of the 2A?

Dick's stock is on fire today. So much for their company suffering after betraying firearm owners. CNBC is praising them for ditching ARs, They claim that the stock is up 46% since ditching AR's

1574794709891.png

1574794748355.png

Sport this

Dan

UP 46%? I highly doubt that. Someone is fudging numbers to make themselves look better off than they really are.

My wife and daughter wanted something and we had to go there to get it. The store was eerily empty. For a Saturday, and the middle of the day, i would say that the 6 employees in the store easily outnumbered the shoppers.

Spending $$$ for commercials is like running the engines at full-throttle into an iceberg. Just get the inevitable over with quickly.

I don't see them being around much longer (maybe another year, or two at the max).

UP 46%? I highly doubt that. Someone is fudging numbers to make themselves look better off than they really are.

My wife and daughter wanted something and we had to go there to get it. The store was eerily empty. For a Saturday, and the middle of the day, i would say that the 6 employees in the store easily outnumbered the shoppers.

Spending $$$ for commercials is like running the engines at full-throttle into an iceberg. Just get the inevitable over with quickly.

I don't see them being around much longer (maybe another year, or two at the max).
The dicks up here in Burlington is always empty.
I haven't been there for over 2 years.
But every time I drive by the parking lot is empty.

Yep, sure enough...

Am I wrong thinking that if people don't start buying a buncha' Dick's over priced crap that stock don't mean diddly?

You'd still be looking at a $10.00+/- a share loss over a couple years ago.

And FWIW, Other stocks are up pretty fair today too. ;) Yay.

Do you supose the paperwork got filled out on each and every firearm?

Or --if you have a FFL can you just say, "yeah, those guns? ----They gone. I destroyed them." :cool:

What a moron (The CEO).

1. It's bad for shareholders.
2. It's wasteful.
3. It's hypocritical. Are they going to disgorge themselves of the prior profits? Also, they sell shotguns and rifles and various ammo. So they are not really taking a stand.
4. It's a windfall for gun companies who got paid for a product that the buyer destroyed.

Just dumb...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top