JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There could be a big difference in the time it takes to dispatch officers(4mins) and the time it takes for them to actually arrive on the scene (16 minutes later) and find the location where they were sent. You could possibly add some additional time for them to assess who's doing what to who (and hopefully get it right).
Dispatch time and response time can often be very different...
...and the media won't make a distinction if it doesn't fit their narrative.

No, the 911 call came in 1136 and the call was "over" at 1139.....not sure if the folks waited to call 911 or not.

KEZI down here is now reporting it and leaving out the CHL piece.
Heck, the local Fox station conveniently left out the CHL part as well...

I'd be nice for those who live outside of
our realm to understand what those who have CHL's are willing to do...

Could be an issue of trying to keep the CHL holders at Aero Air under the radar, so to speak... One can never be too sure...

Sorry guys, if you are running toward the criminal because you are carrying, CHL or not, you are just asking for trouble. It does not matter if he was going to crash the helicopter into the maternity wing of the hospital. Oregon would rather prosecute you instead of the criminal on some BS gun law.

Interesting from NY daily this one mentions the citizens:

Man killed trying to steal helicopter at Oregon airport

Looking at several other articles it's clear a lot is left out and misreported.

Perhaps we should be demanding truth in reporting as much or more so than fighting in legislatures. It seems to me that this kind of selective reporting should be front and center in an article in an NRA rag and online. Perfect opportunity here to gather stories and put together an expose on why nobody trusts the "media" anymore. Someone should be held accountable for this kind of omission. Members of the "fourth estate" should be ashamed. Who's watching the watchers?

Last Edited:

Perhaps we should be demanding truth in reporting as much or more so than fighting in legislatures. It seems to me that this kind of selective reporting should be front and center in an article in an NRA rag and online. Perfect opportunity here to gather stories and put together an expose on why nobody trusts the "media" anymore. Someone should be held accountable for this kind of omission. Members of the "fourth estate" should be ashamed. Who's watching the watchers?
Interesting that they included the subtle detail of the perp being held by CHL holders until the police arrived...

As for the MSM reporting the truth, won't happen, doesn't fit the gun control narrative they've been pushing...

Interesting that they included the subtle detail of the perp being held by CHL holders until the police arrived...

As for the MSM reporting the truth, won't happen, doesn't fit the gun control narrative they've been pushing...
Yes. I'm just sayin'. In one of the articles the port of Portland thanked the HPD for their quick response but doesn't mention the citizens standing their ground:p. I think it says far more to terrorists and idiots that average joe is willing to throw down on the spot. My thanks to those guys they are solid Americans.

In a nutshell, it all sounds like good cause to electrify a fence.

513uevDp4jL._SX315_BO1204203200___47010.1453312489.500.750.jpg

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS . . . Gun owners, especially CHLs are the enemy . . .
I almost typed "enema," but that would be the news people!!!!!!!!!

Sheldon

I have not trusted the media for decades.

When my daughter was in high school (decades ago), we were talking about what career options she wanted to explore. She said her teacher had told her she might have a future in journalism. I told her I would support her in whatever she wanted to do, with two exceptions; politics and journalism.

I have not trusted the media for decades.

When my daughter was in high school (decades ago), we were talking about what career options she wanted to explore. She said her teacher had told her she might have a future in journalism. I told her I would support her in whatever she wanted to do, with two exceptions; politics and journalism.
Not trustworthy for a long time indeed. As long as I can remember actually.

But most stories seem to overlook that the suspect fled after a few airport employees pulled their own firearms.
They're not allowed to let guns look good. Each word that makes a gun look good in the article deducts from their pay. :rolleyes:

That's why there'd be less articles making them look good in mainstream media.

Good guys with guns prevent a crime.
One potential scenario averted: knucklehead steals helicopter, crashes it in neighborhoods nearby killing homeowners.

Until someone does an investigation into the perp, I am going with the speculation that the perp didn't know how to fly a helicopter and would probably have never got it off the ground - at least not without crashing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top