JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
so they just aren't shilling for the nra. you spread fake news. watched the video they just aren't going to tell you to join and you make your own choices.

As others have said the headline is poorly written. If you actually watch the video I agree with him a LOT. It was well done. He is NOT saying do not support the NRA and he is still a member. People really should watch and listen to what he is saying.

As others have indicated, the title of this thread is FAKE NEWS.

NRA leadership needs to step down and let new people run the show because the current controversy is reported to be causing a loss of members. The reality is that the alleged corruption at the top is insignificant given the size of their budget and does not affect their ability to fight for our rights. They are involved in lawsuits in many states, and are BY FAR our biggest ally in the fight against anti-gun legislation. I'll support the NRA, OFF, NWFA, SAF, and others as $ becomes available. Need more $$. ;)

Wayne Robert LaPierre, Jr.,Salary: USD $5,051,249. When they oust this whale I will open my wallet and let the money flow again.:D
I mean trickle.

More FAKE NEWS. :)
His "salary" is something like 1.3 or 1.4 million - high, but not unreasonable for a CEO of a major organization. He received $3.7 million for an "employee funded deferred compensation plan". Not sure what that is - some kind of retirement plan? It was a goobermint-mandated distribution.

His "salary" is something like 1.3 or 1.4 million - high, but not unreasonable for a CEO of a major organization. He received $3.7 million for an "employee funded deferred compensation plan". Not sure what that is - some kind of retirement plan? It was a goobermint-mandated distribution.
Um, if you ad the two up? Still way too much for an organization (He's not the CEO of some profiting company) that is funded by this poor old guy. WLP needs to go. Jimmi Hoffa Jr the president of the IBT gets around $300k a year.

As others have indicated, the title of this thread is FAKE NEWS.

NRA leadership needs to step down and let new people run the show because the current controversy is reported to be causing a loss of members. The reality is that the alleged corruption at the top is insignificant given the size of their budget and does not affect their ability to fight for our rights. They are involved in lawsuits in many states, and are BY FAR our biggest ally in the fight against anti-gun legislation. I'll support the NRA, OFF, NWFA, SAF, and others as $ becomes available. Need more $$. ;)
What IS the size of their budget? And what proportion goes to salaries vs actual programs such as training and 2A efforts?

NRA has helped to fund this.

upload_2019-6-22_18-39-10.jpeg

Yes, management isn't always what we want. At the ground level, I've always appreciated what the organization has done for the shooting community.

I'll do it for half and piss less people off. Well, maybe...

LMAO arguing over support the NRA or not lol
the founders of the NRA brought you GCA of 34
and the NRA helped pass the GCA of 68
or do you not know history? lol you all are just to much

Um, if you ad the two up? Still way too much for an organization (He's not the CEO of some profiting company) that is funded by this poor old guy. WLP needs to go. Jimmi Hoffa Jr the president of the IBT gets around $300k a year.

The 3.7 million was from an "employee funded" plan - probably a 401K or something similar.

The NRA is 4 times the size of the IBT, NRA dues are voluntary, so a pay check of 4X what Jimmi gets sounds reasonable. ;)

I do agree WLP should step down at this point.

As a Patriot member my guess is it's hard to lose the patriot/benefactor designation once your dues are fully paid...
No
It just takes a simple letter of resignation. George HW Bush famously resigned his membership after LaPierre's Jack-booted thugs line referring to ATF action at Ruby Ridge among other events.

No
It just takes a simple letter of resignation. George HW Bush famously resigned his membership after LaPierre's Jack-booted thugs line referring to ATF action at Ruby Ridge among other events.

This is true and I wrote about that in the past and I mentioned it here on this forum too. I remember it vividly.

Side note:

Heck, I remember when C. Heston made some very anti gun comments with other actors. Old news clips. Part of his political history and well known many moons ago. I think that he testified in D.C. or in some other place when it came to his anti gun views for specific guns and laws and that was long BEFORE the NRA hired him. He changed his mind. He changed his party and some other things in his life too.

I am old.

Cate

It's a sad statement for the Nations oldest civil rights organization.

Prostitution?

Assuming the NRA is doing right by all of us, and blindly paying dues based on that assumption is awful dangerous IMO.

Dangerous by way of not minding the store?

Gun owners should feel an obligation to keep the NRA in check and make sure they are working for US when writing them a check. :)

What this means? I'm assuming it means to make sure they are doing the job. However, it would normally mean limiting an organizations power and influence.

I also wanted to throat punch Pepi Leu Pue at the NRA as well

I hate that guy... he's useless, just a bloviating fool!

Wayne Robert LaPierre, Jr.,Salary: USD $5,051,249. When they oust this whale I will open my wallet and let the money flow again.:D
I mean trickle.

Holy cash cow, Batman!!!

LMAO arguing over support the NRA or not lol
the founders of the NRA brought you GCA of 34
and the NRA helped pass the GCA of 68
or do you not know history? lol you all are just to much

Links?

No

What'd WLP say??? And why did HW object to it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top