JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/gun-control-1968/?utm_term=.0928b5799fcd

Hmmm, this article says LBJ blamed NRA for 1968 registration and individual gun ownership licensing provisions failing... how did they help 1968 GCA pass?

Here's something interesting from the link:
background-checks-980.png

Wow, BCGs were flat until 2008. What happened in 2008? Oh that's right, we got a new prez!!! And what happened in 2012? Oh that's right our wonderful prez got re-elected and had more flexibility to push his anti-American (oops, I mean anti-gun) agendas!!

I concur. If those we pay to fight won't, then maybe we're only left w/ each other. Sad to see these National organizations appear to be castrated or stepping on their own dicks.
Meanwhile some organizations who want things like automatics to be legalized again don't get anywhere near as much donations.

Complacency is a big problem among gun owners. We claim to wanna change things but don't want to leave the comfort zone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/gun-control-1968/?utm_term=.0928b5799fcd

Hmmm, this article says LBJ blamed NRA for 1968 registration and individual gun ownership licensing provisions failing... how did they help 1968 GCA pass?

Here's something interesting from the link:
background-checks-980.png

Wow, BCGs were flat until 2008. What happened in 2008? Oh that's right, we got a new prez!!! And what happened in 2012? Oh that's right our wonderful prez got re-elected and had more flexibility to push his anti-American (oops, I mean anti-gun) agendas!!
sorry to crush your dreams about the NRA but

Gun Control Act of 1968 | Encyclopedia.com

the National Rifle Association (NRA) leaders initially supported the measures and even engaged in drafting Dodd's bill. Yet the NRA leadership did not wish to alienate its more radical rank and file, so they neglected to divulge this to their members. Instead, in a letter to each of its affiliates, the NRA claimed its executive vice-president testified against the bill and prevented it from being voted out of Committee. The NRA publication The Rifleman criticized the bill as a product of "irrational emotionalism," and the first four issues of The Rifleman in 1964 dedicated more than thirty columns to firearms legislation, never telling its members of the NRA leadership's support of the bill. These publications provoked the grass roots members to send off a great number of angry letters opposing the bill to Congress.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm
"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." —American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

When the NRA Supported Gun Control
When the NRA was founded by two Union Civil War veterans and a former New York Times reporter in 1871, its purpose was to help improve the marksmanship of urban northerners whose inferiority to the superior marksmanship of their rural southern counterparts was believed to have prolonged the war. During this time, the Second Amendment was not the association's central platform. Displayed at the NRA's national headquarters was its motto, "Firearms Safety Education, Marksmanship Training, Shooting for Recreation." The association was granted a charter and received $25,000 from New York State to purchase a firing range. It also maintained a longstanding relationship with the U.S. military, receiving surplus guns and sponsorships for shooting contest.

In the 1920s, the National Revolver Association, the arm of the NRA responsible for handgun training, proposed regulations later adopted by nine states, requiring a permit to carry a concealed weapon, five years additional prison time if the gun was used in a crime, a ban on gun sales to non-citizens, a one day waiting period between the purchase and receipt of a gun, and that records of gun sales be made available to police.

also
The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.

also funny how you cherry pick that WP story to not bring up how the NRA helped pass the GCA 34 and others nice try though

sorry to crush your dreams about the NRA but

Gun Control Act of 1968 | Encyclopedia.com

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

When the NRA Supported Gun Control

also

also funny how you cherry pick that WP story to not bring up how the NRA helped pass the GCA 34 and others nice try though

Good info! It's exactly the info that I asked for... almost, I see it's mostly about GCA 34 when what I asked about was GCA 68... but your tone and your insults are over-the-top unwarranted. Where did I defend the NRA? Where did I even take a position on the NRA? Since when is merely asking questions taking a position? And as far as cherry picking info, I found that what was said about GCA 34 was correct, so I didn't mention it... gee I'm soooooo sorry! I did mention the GCA 68 question because what I wrote was the only comment they listed... then I asked for more info... what on Heaven's great earth is so wrong with that? Are you upset that I didn't look at 65 articles and post all the results??????? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can the attitude. You are so upset with NRA that you are attacking a fellow member for asking for more info on the subject. Knock it off!!!!!!!

(Edit to add: I see that the author of the referenced encyclopedia article on GCA 68, Keith Rollin Eakins, is a Poly Sci professor at OK University and a foe of both the NRA and 2A.)

Last Edited:
Patron Life here and generally a fan of Hickock45, but like others have said, money has gone elsewhere for the last few years. I send monthly to GOA and ISAA (Idaho 2A Alliance). I also send a decent amount to SAF. Like others as well, I like that the NRA is taking a lot of the heavy flak from Anti's, at least publicly. I just wish they'd clean up their act. As an aside, I don't know any members, Life or otherwise, who are fans of WLP, so I'm not sure how he keeps stickin' around. Votes by Life and 5-year+ members must not be sufficient. Maybe I just don't know enough Fudds is why ;).

As to YankeeMarshal, yes he cares about 1639 and is unapologetic in his criticism of any/all who he believes do not do enough. Maybe we need that to motivate some people. He can be annoying and prone to hyperbole, like many of us, but he speaks from the heart and does at least provide reasoning for his stance. He is a bridge burner - plain and simple. I don't always agree with him, and am still a fan of some of the people he lambasts, but 100% agreement with anyone is not required. He is helping to fund the fight in WA, and that matters right now.

Good info! It's exactly the info that I asked for... almost, I see it's mostly about GCA 34 when what I asked about was GCA 68... but your tone and your insults are over-the-top unwarranted. Where did I defend the NRA? Where did I even take a position on the NRA? Since when is merely asking questions taking a position? And as far as cherry picking info, I found that what was said about GCA 34 was correct, so I didn't mention it... gee I'm soooooo sorry! I did mention the GCA 68 question because what I wrote was the only comment they listed... then I asked for more info... what on Heaven's great earth is so wrong with that? Are you upset that I didn't look at 65 articles and post all the results??????? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can the attitude. You are so upset with NRA that you are attacking a fellow member for asking for more info on the subject. Knock it off!!!!!!!

(Edit to add: I see that the author of the referenced encyclopedia article on GCA 68, Keith Rollin Eakins, is a Poly Sci professor at OK University and a foe of both the NRA and 2A.)
and you quoted the WP with your link and the WP is anti gun anti republican etc etc

chill dood this is just text and feeling and emotion is what you make it to be not what some one was trying to get across......

All the NRA does is throw money at politicians through lobbying.

Where are they with lawsuits in Washington with this BS gun laws going into effect.

The boys at the top don't seem to be losing any money.
They are spending it as fast as they can it sounds like.
Must be nice to live the high life on someone's dime.

I still would rather have them around and do usually carry a membership, but their fear mongering to their supporters is extremely tiresome. Everyday more and more emails and letters. We are in dire need! You rights are at risk! The time is now!
We need your money, more money!

Maybe they need to cut their lavish spending?

and you quoted the WP with your link and the WP is anti gun anti republican etc etc

chill dood this is just text and feeling and emotion is what you make it to be not what some one was trying to get across......

Don't tell me to chill. And don't call me dood!

Always figured it was Zumbo:eek:

The ILA division of the NRA has been busy winning court battles, they do much more than any other pro gun rights organization
I've been a life member of the NRA since 1976 and have always given extra money to the NRA-ILA as it does a great deal of good in the legal court battles that the smaller 2A groups do not have the money, power or membership to accomplish...! :s0045:

Hickock45 didn't exactly mention WHY he was distancing himself from the NRA. If it was because of the firing of Ollie North, then I might understand why. North was just a whistleblower on the profligate spending and enrichment of the NRA top brass. If all of that winds up being true, then the NRA does need to do a serious housecleaning. If it is because of the NRA's stance on bump stocks or suppressors, then I might understand as well. Despite all of that, we all still need the NRA and I'm going to continue my membership (besides, my rifle club demands it with membership). However, I am also now supporting GOA and OFF.
Hickock45 should have been more specific.

What I sent NRA in reply to their "Alert" of June 30 re I-1639:

"This is not totally correct, WA negotiated a one year extension with FBI to continue handgun/receiver transfers while they build their own systems.

It's plenty bad (the requirement of lifetime HIPPA waiver with no assurance that your info won't become FOIA-able Public Rcord is especially worrisome), but fearmongering with false information does not help. And where were you guys when we were trying to keep 1639 and all its violations of WA election requirements off the ballot in the first place? Oh, that's right, you had cocktail parties to circle-jerk at while sampling the latest for your Wine Club..."

Wayne LaPierre has been scamming members as far back as around 2004. I remember receiving a phone call from a telemarketer who identified himself as being from the NRA, and this was the story he told me:

1) Wayne had written a wonderful book.
2) The "National Library Association" and Wayne were engaged in a joint marketing program to get the book into all the public libraries. The arrangement was such that every time some one would make a donation for a purchase of the book, that the "National Library Association" would send a copy of the book to a local public library, and that the libraries had already agreed to accept the book ahead of time.

For a person who is not deeply familiar with libraries, this story would almost seem plausible, but I knew better because I worked in libraries and had a M.S. in Library Science.

1) There was no such organization as "The National Library Association". There IS an organization known as the "American Library Association" with headquarters in Chicago, and it is a far left organization populated by leftists who would never associate themselves with the NRA.
2) Libraries NEVER make open-ended commitments to guarantee the they will accept donated books into their collections. What they do is accept the donations, and then SOMETIMES the include them in the collections. Most of the donated books just get sold in book sales to raise funds.

I asked the telemarketer to provide the phone number and address of the "National Library Association", and he quickly admitted that no such organization exists. I posted information about my interaction with this telemarketer on some online forums at the time and was accused of being a traitorous troll who was out to smear the good name of the NRA. I found that most readers preferred to believe that Wayne LaPierre would never pull such a stunt, and denounced me. The sad thing about it is that if the telemarketer had simply said "Hello, this is the NRA, can you please send a donation of $35", I would have gladly donated the money without question. But, instead the NRA came up with a ridiculous scam that was completely unnecessary.

I was wondering how long it would take Ollie to do his dirty work. The Deep State is destroying the NRA from within. It's how they compromise movements, organizations, etc.

North is a convicted felon who has faithfully served the deep state. He arranged support for Nicaraquan terrorists tasked with toppling an elected government. He helped Noriega transport drugs to America. He sold crummy weapons to the Iranians likely resulting in a downed US plane causing over 200 deaths. He was convicted of multiple felonies but got off the hook because he works for the deep state. Always has. He's their bubblegum.

btw, with multiple felony convictions including lying to Congress and the American people, who thought this guy had a good resume to lead the NRA? He showed no loyalty to the constitution and nothing in his pa

in his past suggests he would defend the 2nd amendment. What's he doing there?

I was wondering how long it would take Ollie to do his dirty work. The Deep State is destroying the NRA from within. It's how they compromise movements, organizations, etc.

North is a convicted felon who has faithfully served the deep state. He arranged support for Nicaraquan terrorists tasked with toppling an elected government. He helped Noriega transport drugs to America. He sold crummy weapons to the Iranians likely resulting in a downed US plane causing over 200 deaths. He was convicted of multiple felonies but got off the hook because he works for the deep state. Always has. He's their bubblegum.

Dudes a bubblegumn felon who manipulated the system, and I can't even hardly get away with a G of coke in my car o_O........JUST SAYN

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top