Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

National Hickok45 NRA Announcement

Kruel J

Reactions
The NRA doesn’t exactly “support” the 2A. These days it’s the grass roots organizations on a local level that do much more for our rights. Let alone the “soap opera” the NRA has become.

OP
DirectDrive

DirectDrive

Reactions
I think the blog's title is a little bit misleading (probably unintentionally). If you watch the video, Hickock45 and his son inform the viewers that they will remain members of the NRA but will no longer actively ask for people to join the organization on the Youtube channel.
You're right.
He's still an NRA benefactor, etc.
It's his way of expressing his distaste for the shenanigans going on at the mothership, is how I see it.

CountryGent

Reactions
I think the blog's title is a little bit misleading (probably unintentionally). If you watch the video, Hickock45 and his son inform the viewers that they will remain members of the NRA but will no longer actively ask for people to join the organization on the Youtube channel.
Exactly. Watching it now and the title isn't real accurate.

Always figured it was Zumbo:eek:
Oh man, I remember that meltdown.

As long as its the NRA that the gun grabbers fear most, they’ll keep my membership and support.
Ditto. The anti-RKBA crew fears and hates the NRA for a reason.

GOG

Reactions
We all know the crap that's been going on at the NRA has been going on for years. Sweetheart deals and mutual backscratching are common at the upper echelons of the Swamp and that's what it is, 2A or not.

As has been mentioned, the ILA does a pretty good job but the local stuff, Friends of the NRA, etc. is where it happens.

I'm a member and will remain so only because I love seeing hoplophobes lose their minds and it's still the gorilla in the room.

It's a sad statement for the Nations oldest civil rights organization.

WAYNO

Reactions
So you posted you would no longer support Hickock45 2-minutes after the OP without watching the 10-minute vid?

That is how we are so easily manipulated....
No, his announcement was public long before it made the headlines here.

And since we're now throwing out the term "manipulated", see how easy it is for Hillary, Pelosi, Biden and others to manipulate gun owners in joining in on their hate for the NRA?

Last edited:

Retired Guy

Reactions
There have been previous membership uprisings against the factions in the NRA. I think in any large organizations this will happen from time to time. Cliques form and back room deals get out of hand. Every organization dealing with Washington D.C. eventually gets tainted. The NRA is still a major force on the National front and I will continue to support it as I do other organizations.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent