JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it's au courant to turn up one's nose and tut tut, at HP's.

Not a problem.

The Maire Antoinette attitude towards these el cheapo, but functional guns is hilarious.

Gun snobs who've never shot one, but claim they 'know' all about them is even funnier.

HP's are low on the quality scale, but they work quite accurately.

Some folks can't afford even a Glock and definitely not an HK, but sure knock em so the budget minded feel inadequate because they can't afford a high quality self defense firearm.

Shame them into using sticks and rocks, but heaven forfend they use an HP....

I know it's au courant to turn up one's nose and tut tut, at HP's.

Not a problem.

The Maire Antoinette attitude towards these el cheapo, but functional guns is hilarious.

Gun snobs who've never shot one, but claim they 'know' all about them is even funnier.

HP's are low on the quality scale, but they work quite accurately.

Some folks can't afford even a Glock and definitely not an HK, but sure knock em so the budget minded feel inadequate because they can't afford a high quality self defense firearm.

Shame them into using sticks and rocks, but heaven forfend they use an HP....

There are better options for a budget firearm.

There are better options for a budget firearm.
Find me a 10mm semiautomatic carbine thats priced at or below budget AR levels ;) lol :rolleyes:

Otherwise, yeah AR builds are the better options for a semiautomatic carbine nowadays. :rolleyes:

For their handguns.... well.... I haven't seen many good ones priced under $200 that aren't .22lr .... lots of options on sale between $200-300 that are pretty good though. :p

One thing to say.. they aren't Ravens, Bryco Jennings or the like... :p

I don't own one but I certainly would use one, I'd buy a 40 HP, but the wife would instantly notice that ugly fugly gun and say "I thought you weren't going to buy any more guns...." and on and on, so I'm not buying one to keep the peace. That's my story and besides, as they are cheap I'd get a 380 HP too.

I think an HP pistol and carbine ought to be procured and issued to every urban poor family for self defense. Give them some defense against those stolen .380s...

Just looked at prices at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore and the black Hi-Points are 129 for the 9 MM, 139 for the 380, and 149 for the 40 and 45. Nice thread.

That was hand guns. Because there are many accessories for the carbines from the factory and even the extra caliber, 10 MM here is there first Carbine page basically $240 something to $400 plus.

That was hand guns. Because there are many accessories for the carbines from the factory and even the extra caliber, 10 MM here is there first Carbine page basically $240 something to $400 plus.

For a long time before the last great panic the carbine was $150-170. I for a long time did not even pick one up, figured at that price had to be junk. Then another shooter bought one and I shot it. Certainly not polished and nice but damn it worked great. After a while I got to try a couple more. Only thing they had really slowing them down was the damn proprietary mags. I still was tempted to buy one just for the hell of it a few times. During last great panic of course you could not find one unless paid scalper price. By then people were making some much nicer looking stocks and the Co jumped in with their own. Price went to the $300 range but still impressive for the cost. Several have shown video of them tying to beat one to death and not seeming to be able too.
Just took a quick look at my favorite Distributor and I could walk out the door here with a 9mm version with a threaded barrel for $261. For someone who wanted a PCC for home defense or fun? That would be hard to beat.

10mm carbine for $370 or so; some places (Buds and KyGunco....) have sales on them every so often.... plus a $250 Bullpup stock.... gets you a handy, good performing defensive PCC with a lot of punch (moreso using Buffalo bore 10mm or your own hot 10mm recipes :cool:), still less than any other 10mm Bullpup on the market if there's any, and still quite less than what a conventionally laid out 10mm glock magazined AR carbine build is gonna cost :rolleyes:

I like the idea of a .45 acp carbine....but the appearance / looks of the HI-Point Carbine will keep me from buying one...excellent reviews regardless...

And yes I know that if I had to use the carbine , as in life or death...ain't no one gonna care what my carbine looks like , it just needs to get the job done.
But damn it is a hideous looking thing...:eek::D

So yes they work ...
And yes again they are affordable..
And I wouldn't be surprised if someone , somewhere , after many beers , thought that they were good looking...:D
But there ain't enough beer in the world to get to me to buy one...:D
Andy

I like the idea of a .45 acp carbine....but the appearance / looks of the HI-Point Carbine will keep me from buying one...excellent reviews regardless...

And yes I know that if I had to use the carbine , as in life or death...ain't no one gonna care what my carbine looks like , it just needs to get the job done.
But damn it is a hideous looking thing...:eek::D

So yes they work ...
And yes again they are affordable..
And I wouldn't be surprised if someone , somewhere , after many beers , thought that they were good looking...:D
But there ain't enough beer in the world to get to me to buy one...:D
Andy
I've been eyeing the High Tower bullpup stock for either my old old old 995, or my family's 4595ts... and I have 20rd magazines for both calibers... but my main issue is the cost, and the little fact that $250 can get me something more useful/necessary/important to my life than a stock (like maybe body armor? More ammo? Replacement tires?) :rolleyes: especially since both hi point carbines' factory stocks aren't giving me problems outside aesethics :p

I bought my C9 from Keith's right next day of buying one of their most expensive pistols from them. They were saying "shame on you, man, shame on you" as I was filling the form (all jokes though)... lol

Anyway, I have shot around 5k rounds with that thing just to earn a bragging right. No joke. I really did it and it took two years to do that. No failure at all as long as i don't use aluminum cases. I had to change springs at around every 2k but it's still running great and looking good. Never paid dime on parts replacement as the company always shipped them for free to me. I can shoot this thing pretty decent at 50ft. I don't really see why people call it a joke. The gun works and the company fully backs on their products.

Yep! Those cheap,ugly things people don't like to say anything good about will do the job as well as a Gluck,Smiff or any pistol costing 3 to 4 times as much. Just embarrassing to mention it though.

At 3:30 a.m. one morning, Jim Landess heard banging on his Sterling, Alaska, home. The pounding woke Jim's son, Montana, who ventured from his bedroom to the front room to see what he could see about the nuisance. He saw quickly when he opened the curtains: Turns out the nuisance was a brown bear. No surprise there: Alaskans are used to encountering brown bears. After all, the bruins are popular denizens of Sterling, which sits on the Kenai Peninsula. At least that's what Jim thought when he and the family dog joined Montana at the window.

Still, Jim grabbed his Hi-Point .45 ACP pistol, just in case, and fired a couple warning shots. The report of the gun, no doubt aided by a lot of yelling and barking, scared off the bear. Then everybody went back to bed.

Then two hours later the bear returned. And it banged on the house again, too. This time, the bear was on the porch. Its proximity posed a threat; if it kept banging, it might very well break through the front door. While encountering brown bears is rather normal for Alaskans, dealing with them inside their homes is not.

So Jim hustled upstairs, and from an elevated perch outside on a deck, he fired seven rounds into the "center of the bear" to prevent it from entering the house. The bear went "crazy" for a few seconds, Jim said, then ran about 50 feet and expired.

Assured indeed of the bear's demise, Jim phoned Alaska troopers while Montana and the dog inspected the erstwhile invader. Now, keep in mind Alaska authorities take a grim view of killing brown bears without good reason--like hunting or self-defense, for instance. Of course the latter reason kicked in for Jim, and at last report he will endure no legal problems.

This entire story is true and occurred in July 2014, as relayed to Charles Brown of MKS Supply LLC, marketer of Hi-Point firearms. At this point, clearly Jim Landess likes his Hi-Point, which he purchased for protection while fishing only three weeks prior to the aforementioned nighttime bear encounter at his home.

Who says you need a big-bore, high-powered rifle to defend yourself against brown bears? Looks like a $200 pistol does the job just fine--at least as long as you're perched tactically above your 450-pound target.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top