JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is the story of everything it seems. That was one of the "downsides" to the little carbines when they first got going. They quickly picked up the nick name "Ugly stick". Many of us who had been around a while immediately thought of the original Planet of the apes. So of course soon after market stocks hit. So of course as soon as the company started making the rifle with a nicer stock the old "ugly" one becomes "classic" and in demand. Seems just like a gun that does not sell until they stop making it. Then it becomes "in demand". :cool:

Well if I ever come across a $30-50-100 Hi Point 9mm carbine, you bet I am gonna jump on it! Regardless of how much its missing or is damaged..... funny, see the picture of the list of work done?
In the "Good" column, theres only 3, three! items that didn't need redone/replacement! :eek: Frame, trigger plate and the cam pin.(not sure what that is, maybe the lollipop thing in the rear of the action?)

That is the story of everything it seems. That was one of the "downsides" to the little carbines when they first got going. They quickly picked up the nick name "Ugly stick". Many of us who had been around a while immediately thought of the original Planet of the apes. So of course soon after market stocks hit. So of course as soon as the company started making the rifle with a nicer stock the old "ugly" one becomes "classic" and in demand. Seems just like a gun that does not sell until they stop making it. Then it becomes "in demand". :cool:

So true. People just cannot stop finding things to chew and make fun of, but then there are also people take advantage of that to make a fourtune.

Most negative comments on Hi-Points are BS from people who have never fired or owned one.
My shooting buddy and I shoot often and have shot about every type of handgun and longgun made. Except for the ones made strictly for the rich and famous.Never owned a Weatherby 375 H&H or the expensive British doubles,but just about all the good old American made ones as well as the German and Italian made ones.

We have fired many Hi-point pistols and Carbines, and they have functioned as well as Glocks, S&W's and many others. Double stack? How many people are going to need more than a couple of rounds to defend themselves or loved ones from a threat? Learn to shoot what ever gun you have well, and believe me the Hi-Point will do the job if you do your part. When the shtf, who cares if a gun is ugly or cute?After all, your not having sex with the dam thing.Your utilizing a tool to do a job.It will do the job and do it reliably, if you can.

Now for negative comment on Hi-Point...........They are a little on the heavy side, and bulky. Not the best criteria for concealed carry,but as a truck or nightstand gun, they will fill the bill, and do it without bankrupting the wallet. Just my old 76 yrs opinion.Newer models may very.o_O

So true. People just cannot stop finding things to chew and make fun of, but then there are also people take advantage of that to make a fourtune.
nc_oc=AQmis0m71WRJXWXpf_02_uy2adPNrQywO_SLKNl0oAtLFfO5YZokZxzSBJyXdMRG2Xw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Are HP carbines cheaply made?

Absolutely.

Are they (9mm is my only experience) inexpensive, reliable and accurate?

Absolutely.

Are they difficult to disassemble to clean?

Absolutely.

Solution: Don't disassemble. Spray with solvent on all parts you can get to and lube.

Works for me.

Cheap junky guns like Hi Point are a joke for many reasons, but my personal fav is the fact that the owner's manual tells you to never chamber a round until you are ready to fire the gun:eek:

NOT to champion HP but, this makes a poor argument against them. Have you ever read owners manuals? It is common for them to say exactly this. Brought to you by Lawyers. If you are trying to say every gun with a manual saying "Don't load until ready to shoot", is a joke, you think almost everything made is a "joke".

NOT to champion HP but, this makes a poor argument against them. Have you ever read owners manuals? It is common for them to say exactly this. Brought to you by Lawyers. If you are trying to say every gun with a manual saying "Don't load until ready to shoot", is a joke, you think almost everything made is a "joke".

Agreed. Pretty sure most firearm manuals say it. Doesn't mean I'm defending HP though. :)

Agreed. Pretty sure most firearm manuals say it. Doesn't mean I'm defending HP though. :)
No me either, never have been willing to buy one but the owners manual makes little to go off. Normally I only glance at them but I can't remember the last time I saw a manual that did not have that little bit of garbage in it, don't load until ready to shoot. It's of course a joke to all of us who carry but no different than the hair dryer with the tag telling us to not use it in the shower. Anti lawyer. :)

Easy peasy!.....if you have a hammer and a tapered drift with you.
Ya dont use hammer and drift on the carbines :p well actually you could on the newer TS models to move the circle clips on the receiver cover.. but the older classic models require their takedown tool and a wrench for the cross pins holding the receiver shroud... and theres this U shaped clip around the SN boss on the bottom. The High Tower Armory MB95 Bullpup stock kit I think is even simpler to disassemble for field stripping?

Sorry to the kitten, but I gotta do it :cool:

View attachment 593096

LOL, pretty much. I've had a few pistol and carbine Har-Pernts (to quote an acquaintance) come through my side business. I, literally, wouldn't accept one for free, because:

1. Waste of space in the gun cabinet.
  2. I like to be completely honest; if I was asked if I ever owned one, I would have to answer in the affirmative.
:s0112:

The first 45 I ever shot was a Hi-Point. Was cleaning and testing it for someone. I will admit I turned my head, closed my eyes, and was ready to lose most of my hand. Turns out it shot with ridiculous accuracy and the damned thing was so heavy that the recoil was unbelievably light.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top