JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

BCG Choices

• Lantac E-BCG

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Cryptic Coatings BCG

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Fail Zero BCG

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Sharp's Xtreme Performance BCG

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I considered that, but I haven't the time.
What do you mean? You got a week to sit around and wait for someone to make a choice for you……

Sounds like you got time. Grab some wood and knife and get moving.

I had to look them up as I had no personal knowledge as I stick to mil-spec quality for @ $100 is my price point. I didn't vote, but if you have the money to spend, I don't think you'll go wrong with any of your choices. I suspect that the Sharps S7 tool steel would outlive the others, however, you'd likely be 4 or 5 barrel replacements before any of them "died". I've never worn one out, and put quite a few (uncounted) rounds through the same rifle/BCG (an M16) in the army with no issues.

• Lantac E-BCG - $261 (Midway)
  • Cryptic Coatings BCG @ same $" "
  • Fail Zero BCG - @$153 Palmetto State
  • Sharp's Xtreme Performance BCG @$200 depending on finish
Good luck!

That was a really good video though Im not certain Id call a $170 BCG "uber expensive" but its certainly expensive enough I would expect it to work. I wonder why they didnt send that one back for warranty.

I still want to know why an uber expensive tacticool looking BCG would not be reliable or recommended?
It usually boils down to crappy out of spec dimensions that add to stacking tolerance and f' things up, then you have the LW skeletonized crowd...when the creator of the AR-15 tell you "...that's just crazy..." probably should listen. I think lame fancy finishes/coatings have been sufficiently covered.

Last Edited:
It usually boils down to crappy out of spec dimensions that add to stacking tolerance and f' things up, then you the LW skeletonized crowd...when the creator of the AR-15 tell you "that just crazy" probably should listen. I think lame fancy finishes/coatings have been sufficiently covered.
I would think that if I was spending $300 and up on a fancy tacticool BGC the tolerances would be way precise, I also fully expect the cost to reflect superior customer service and warranty repair in the off chance something doesn't work. I would think this comes down to a companies reputation more than how attractive their BCG is. That said, I dont have any expensive BCGs mine are budge cheap but they work I dont see a need to upgrade them just to add bling.

"I don't care about other BCG options that are out there or opinions. I'm down to the four choices that are in the poll.

Poll ends in 7 days, so please help me out in choosing."

@DangerDog Apparently this wasn't straightforward enough lol

If I come across threads where my advice clearly isn't needed or solicited—or there is a poll with options I don't want to vote for—I just skip it instead of trolling the OP and trying to be a gatekeeper lol Some people must just have a lot of down time or lack of excitement in their lives!

I would think that if I was spending $300 and up on a fancy tacticool BGC the tolerances would be way precise, I also fully expect the cost to reflect superior customer service and warranty repair in the off chance something doesn't work. I would think this comes down to a companies reputation more than how attractive their BCG is. That said, I dont have any expensive BCGs mine are budge cheap but they work I dont see a need to upgrade them just to add bling.
As far as letting the vendor warranty the BGC in those videos.
They are aware of it but send items in for Chad to look at for educational and training purposes.
He has touched up SOLGW barrel feed ramps and stated that SOLGW would be more than happy to take care of it but he is doing it as an educational exercise.
SOLGW has a Vortex like warranty on their stuff.

"I don't care about other BCG options that are out there or opinions. I'm down to the four choices that are in the poll.

Poll ends in 7 days, so please help me out in choosing."

@DangerDog Apparently this wasn't straightforward enough lol

If I come across threads where my advice clearly isn't needed or solicited—or there is a poll with options I don't want to vote for—I just skip it instead of trolling the OP and trying to be a gatekeeper lol Some people must just have a lot of down time or lack of excitement in their lives!
You're one of the good ones. So righteous. I give you applause. Hahaha.

The Sionics NP3 BCG was only $40 more than the phosphate one.
I liked how easy the nitride ones are to clean up so went with it.
Kinda like functional art and makes for a solid foundation, goop just wipes off too.
UGR3xQXl.jpg
Gas Key screws are not moving on their own.
Gm1qVb6l.jpg

Last Edited:
Okay...pretty cool I guess. I'll see what I can find on a deal on a Lantac and also a Sharp's. Try'em out, see what is what. Thanks for the help and the ball-busting.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top