JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fyi a couple random active self protection pepper spray videos (there are a lot of them on his channel). The first one at roughly the 10:15 mark is kinda similar to what I was thinking about a hypothetical homeless guy that will not give up.

The second one shows gel not working very well. I'm no expert on pepper spray, just passing on the videos fwiw.

Last Edited:
One kind of stupid example of the body language thing is the other day at FedEx store. Parked the car and was walking towards the door when homeless guy started walking so that he would intersect me at the sidewalk. I simply sped up cuz I didn't want to mess with him.

After I was done in the store I see he is still there and now he is standing right in the doorway (6' sliding doors) with that crazy wide stance they use just before they ask u for something or move close to talk to you. He was literally occupying the entire doorway. I did the George w Bush gorrilla arms thing and walked right towards him with a look of "if u don't get out of my way you are going to get F... run over". He moved aside and probably waited for his next target. This guy did not looked drugged out at all though. Just a nuisance. I should add that while I was walking my hand was on my 9mm in front pocket and I released the Alabama holster thumb release just in case.
Yes exactly, pepper spray is just one tool in the tool box. I also agree on the body language thing. Im always striving to be the person/have the car/house that these people just skip because it looks like hassle or more trouble than its worth. 4g cameras on our cars running 24/7 with stickers stating so, clubs on our steering wheels, smart cameras on our home and parking lot. Having a 90lb all black german shepherd always with me or in the truck with a "warning k9 stay back" sticker on the window doesnt hurt either haha. When they do intrude on my property or my day, im assertive with them and i don't let them take an inch. It sucks but its just the way you have to deal with these types of people these days. They're so used to getting their way and people letting them walk all over them its ridiculous. Some get surprised when you push back and tell them to F off, its crazy

This thread reminds me of "homeless encounters" I have heard about from friends in San Francisco and Detroit. Both were "surprise biting" incidents.

In better news, I have not found feral human feces in my (Seattle) backyard for a month or so now. Super.

Anyone want to chip in on a flatbed and move a few of them up to Knudsen's house?
I have a dump trailer we can use.... 😁
Not sure if he was homeless but alot of them seem to have cars nowadays so who knows.
I would venture to guess that said cars belonged to someone else earlier that day...
these were a different class of people than who are on the streets now
^This 100%^ Seems that, at least a majority of the homeless folks now aren't just down on their luck, they are folks that have made some pretty screwed up choices in their lives and either are, or have become, pretty crappy people.

There's certainly a part of me that feels for someone that's homeless. It scares me because in reality it could happen to probably lots of us if there were the perfect storm of injury, loss of job, too many bills, no family to support, yada yada yada. That said, just because a person becomes homeless, doesn't mean they have to be a douche nozzle. You can still be a decent person, you don't have to chit on other people's property, you don't have to dump your garbage in the street, you don't have to attack/harass other people, you don't have to spend every single cent you get from the govt./panhandle/steal/etc on drugs. With the amount of govt. help available, it seems a person might be able to get back on their feet if they had a gumption.

Reserved for those EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES.

Alright....
Send in the scoops.

1643688527578.png

1643688581178.png

DO NOT WATCH if you're easily offended.

The longer version.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
you don't have to spend every single cent you get from the govt./panhandle/steal/etc on drugs.
This is the heart of the matter. That is why we need to stop calling these people homeless, unhoused, or whatever and start calling them addicts. It's not about affordable housing, it's about drugs. If the problem is affordable housing, then how are things like free needles, "safe" injection sites, and access to narcan a solution?

I have heard that WASP spray is very effective, but that it is illegal to to use on humans.
So is attacking people with rocks and also cars with a steel pipe and bricks illegal as well.

Have these people reduced themselves to nothing but mindless, dangerous, feral animals?

How much worse will it have to get before people begin to actually consider, shall we say a more 'permanent' method of dealing with these people ?

So is attacking people with rocks and also cars with a steel pipe and bricks illegal as well.

Have these people reduced themselves to nothing but mindless, dangerous, feral animals?

How much worse will it have to get before people begin to actually consider, shall we say a more 'permanent' method of dealing with these people ?
Mothers against scum critters :p
16B48437-EC8A-4446-AF0D-5F3B176AFCC7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Fyi a couple random active self protection pepper spray videos (there are a lot of them on his channel). The first one at roughly the 10:15 mark is kinda similar to what I was thinking about a hypothetical homeless guy that will not give up.

The second one shows gel not working very well. I'm no expert on pepper spray, just passing on the videos fwiw.

All this advice on carry of Chem. pepper spray is a lot of BS . Just buy and carry a steel fullsize ASP , or better product is a RCB Peacekeeper . I have snapped them open on the crap walking in Portland and ' they ALL stop' and want nothing more to do with their initial spunout gameplans.

Yes. Many of them. So many of those on the streets have lost their human qualities.
1644256852943.png

Look at these human qualities and think of what you have seen on the streets in these last few years.
This pretty much says it all. Too many on the streets are no longer normal humans considering the above list.

It's horrifying, really. Those so-called public servants are ill prepared to to do anything, productive, about the current situation. I'd wager, considering the magnitude of the problem, no one does at this point.

Yes. They are feral.

I have stopped long ago of referring to them as human.
99% of these folks choose to be in the wild.
There is zero accountability. Food is delivered. Clothing is delivered. Drugs are delivered. Crime goes unabated. There is no checks and balances, or honor among the feral's.
They are left to their nefarious ways to victimize the rest of society as they see fit. Home burglaries, petty crimes, rape, robbery, murder, and anything else that will provide a means to the end of getting the next fix.

The plight on the rest of society goes ignored by all elected officials from the city, county, and state levels.
Instead of fixing it or offering a path forward that is a permanent fix, they instead use the feral's to extract as much revenue as possible. They are poverty pimps.
They have a pretty sweet grift going.
At this point hundreds of millions and possibly moving towards a billion dollars have been dumped into their grift with ZERO net improvement/results to speak of.

Yes. They are feral.

I have stopped long ago of referring to them as human.
very sociopathic of you. dehumanizing humans in how the worst humans conveniently justify denying other humans their human rights, and much worse.

calling someone subhuman doesnt actually reduce their humanness even a fraction of a fraction. this practice is totally irrational.

very sociopathic of you. dehumanizing humans in how the worst humans conveniently justify denying other humans their human rights, and much worse.

calling someone subhuman doesnt actually reduce their humanness even a fraction of a fraction. this practice is totally irrational.
Do you live in potland? Do you live in a city with a large homeless population? Do you live in a neighborhood close to homeless encampments? I'd say you don't.

Out of state at the moment. Refreshing to get away. A few hours can make a big difference in quality of life. No place is perfect but some are definitely better than others. Ironically, Portland used to be one of those places.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top