JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to piss on anyones cornflakes but it feels like we are trying to hold back the tide. All you need to do is look at the future voters. The state run indoctrination centers are doing a fine job of crapping out little leftists every year. You all think how bad the millennial generation is? their kids are even worse and will be hitting voting age for the 2020 election cycle:mad:

We all are that little dutch boy with his finger plugging that dyke

We don't have assault weapons! Assault weapons are those that are able to fire both semi auto matic and switch to full automatic by a sector switch. It would require a class three license to own. It is only illegal if you don't have the license.

According to Mark Knutson, the pastor of the Augustana Lutheran Church in Portland and leader of this current anti-gun movement, the term "assault weapon" was invented by the NRA. He repeated this several times in his sermons and on interviews.

Not to piss on anyones cornflakes but it feels like we are trying to hold back the tide. All you need to do is look at the future voters. The state run indoctrination centers are doing a fine job of crapping out little leftists every year. You all think how bad the millennial generation is? their kids are even worse and will be hitting voting age for the 2020 election cycle:mad:

Well Oregon leadership wants 16 year olds to vote... why stop there, my 10 year old is smart enough to fill in the circles, why not let 10 year olds vote...

Doubt it. Doesn't matter where it came from, but the description is what they are using covers an entire class of firearms of which those listed were never intended for military use. This was definitely military terminology. Usually NRA attempts to use correct language so mistaken identifications are not made. It seems that is started with WW2, and the Germans, and was carried forward. I know I didn't hear of it in church...for sure. Besides anyone that would use under age to write firearms laws, I wouldn't have too much faith in much of what they say.

Doubt it. Doesn't matter where it came from, but the description is what they are using covers an entire class of firearms of which those listed were never intended for military use. This was definitely military terminology. Usually NRA attempts to use correct language so mistaken identifications are not made. It seems that is started with WW2, and the Germans, and was carried forward. I know I didn't hear of it in church...for sure. Besides anyone that would use under age to write firearms laws, I wouldn't have too much faith in much of what they say.

This is an opportunity to discredit Nutson, Mark; assault weapons term was created by the dems in the clinton crime bill in 1994; When you discredit someone like that you can nullify the arguments.

p.s. getting angry on these boards may help to vent but the anger needs to be constructively directed in the media or politicians with quality evidence from the police, fbi or cdc research and surveys.

This is an opportunity to discredit Nutson, Mark; assault weapons term was created by the dems in the clinton crime bill in 1994; When you discredit someone like that you can nullify the arguments.

p.s. getting angry on these boards may help to vent but the anger needs to be constructively directed in the media or politicians with quality evidence from the police, fbi or cdc research and surveys.

I have tried chatting with the Lift Every Voice supporters. They default to "We have ex-military members including one who was in the 101 Airborne and he says that AR-15s are assault weapons. Assault weapons are bad therefore we must ban them."

I think you nailed it. Report from one of our Senators with his chest pumped out with declaration was he got all these benefits for the teachers. Smaller classes bah bah bah. Also nothing that they were the strongest union is the US. Also the start of why the PERS isn't fixed and will be bankrupt unless they get sensible, and make some changes. All that money being poured into schools in Oregon, and we have slid to the bottom. I couldn't believe the number that don't graduate??? You can see these little darlings marching in parades for Womens rights, BLM, ANTIFA, and the rest of protests that are popular. Hate to admit but yeah the Tide Pod, 16 year old voters may be the ones that pull the plug on any over 60 years ol
I have tried chatting with the Lift Every Voice supporters. They default to "We have ex-military members including one who was in the 101 Airborne and he says that AR-15s are assault weapons. Assault weapons are bad therefore we must ban them."

Before the conversation about the origin of the term "assault rifle" goes any further, you might want to check out this post from BSG 75.
Very good point indeed... self inflicted...

Original ad copy from Colt in the late 60's referred to the AR platform as a "sporting rifle", that's what I've always known them as. Cause mines don't got the third position on the fire selector. Mines on, or off.. No turbo... :(

Yes Nick being with Army are supposed to be elite, maybe PTSD? Have very few Marines that tend to have some of those views. However when it comes to those that I know that have served, they lean toward being patriotic. Just because Mr. 101 jumps out of perfectly good aircraft, you have to question what he was thinking. Have to say that lightly as Recon uses their aircraft too, at least for basic jump. I have noticed with with their Spec Ops. they definitely have a different way of looking at things once done serving active. There are others that are 180 the other way. I can tell you that the chances of turning their minds unless something traumatic happens, usually isn't going to happen...but sometimes there are others.

The first move of an autocratic regime is the registration of all weapons; the second is to forbid them to the general populace.
Thereafter, the autocrat's word is the word of G-d.
How many times did we see just this last century.

The first move of an autocratic regime is the registration of all weapons; the second is to forbid them to the general populace.
Thereafter, the autocrat's word is the word of G-d.
How many times did we see just this last century.
This is good information to educate the citizens via the media and advise them of the gun bills. Maybe through Oregon Live; opportunities open up frequently in the gun area and crime.

In the same vein, here's an excellent article on how to talk to and persuade anti gunners:

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

It's an eye opener because it's a window into the mind of anti's, and using the tactics and strategies described by the author can be productive. Skip down to the sections on how to communicate with anti-gun people, and check out the techniques of overcoming the defense mechanisms that anti's have. It's long, but really worth studying if you want to have a chance of changing minds.

Glad JPFO is still going. They have a lot of credibility

We don't have assault weapons! Assault weapons are those that are able to fire both semi auto matic and switch to full automatic by a sector switch. It would require a class three license to own. It is only illegal if you don't have the license.

What you are talking about are assault rifles. Assault Weapons, which according to the antis, are what we DO have.

The term assault weapon was coined by the Brady Center back when it was know as Handgun Control.

Mr. Knutson is wrong on it being the NRA that coined it.

According to this site: The Truth About Assault Weapons

Prior to 1989, the term "assault weapon" did not exist in the lexicon of firearms. It is a political term, developed by anti-gun publicists to expand the category of "assault rifles."

The answer is perception. According to a 1988 report by the Violence Policy Center, an anti-gun lobby:

[H]andgun restriction is simply not viewed as a priority. Assault weapons ... are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.

Jack

coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons
And Politicians & Media darlings all to eager to assist in this dumbing down.

Thomas Jefferson was right again:
"An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews