JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Requires person who owns assault weapon on effective date of Act to register assault weapon or take other specified action within one year of effective date of Act

Link

Carla_PilusoOR.jpg
Carla Piluso was the first woman to serve as chief of the Gresham Police Department in Gresham. In 2014, she won election as a Democrat to the Oregon House of Representatives, representing District 50.

Notice they mention a pistol with a barrel that's threaded to accept....a forward grip? I want to see a grip threaded onto a barrel

It isn't just an "assault weapon" registration law, it is an "assault weapon" BAN. The registration part just allows for grandfathering of currently owned "assault weapons".

SECTION 6.(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of ORS 166.250 to 166.270 and 166.410to 166.470, and except as provided in this section and section 5 of this 2019 Act, a person commits the crime of unlawful manufacture, transfer or possession of an assault weapon if the person manufactures, imports, possesses, purchases, sells or otherwise transfers an assault weapon after the effective date of this 2019 Act.

At least it doesn't include rimfires, unlike IP43 did.

This 2019 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist

Oh look, another fake 'emergency' that this'll do nothing to resolve.

Carla is a labeshian, and a friend of one my aunts for decades... I've never had any use for her. :rolleyes:

While the Gresham Chief of Police, she refused to sign off on any NFA items as the CLEO.... at least they did away with that aspect.

Last Edited:
Does anyone who posts here have experience with IP process? I'm wondering if it would be feasible to bring forth an IP that would call for the removal of any legislator(s) and bar them from running again if they sponsor legislation that violates the constitutional rights of Oregon citizens. And I get it, the legislation would need to pass and then be challenged in the courts as to whether it violates the constitution, Oregon or U.S., before the offending legislator(s) could be removed, but just maybe it might tamp down some of this BS. That first drink of the weekend is happening earlier than usual.:mad:

Take a lesson from california. Fight, dont flee. Because it WILL spread to Idaho in time.
Yes you are not wrong. But how can we stop the apathy in the gun community? Im very vocal about this type of stuff. How do we as a community make people stand up? I know There's alot of people who live out in the south of the state who would stand and fight but don't how do we reach those people. I'm willing to stand up & let my voice be heard & organize I'll go wash the windows of the o.f.f office in canby if it helps. I'm all ears brother.

An emergency status means it has to be voted on right? It can't just be killed? God damnit.
I believe emergency stays means that it becomes law immediately after it passes. I still believe it has to be voted in committee before it can go to the floor for a vote. Anyone? Correct me if I'm wrong, according to my wife I'm a trained professional at being wrong.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top