JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the way the Salem and State Police handles the situation, as it should be handled. If those protesting for antifa are so convinced of what they are protesting and feel so strong about their ideals, why do they hide their faces and identity????

some are olso armed , now that's hypocrisy .

Just a hint from a source....on 3/23, bring good goggles, a large handkerchief, a small bottle of water, and first aid gear. Could be exciting. Also, packing might not be such a good idea. Just sayin'...

Probably will throw eggs, just like what happened in Australia to the Senator.

They want to provoke a fight, because they know the public will sympathize with them if we beat their arse. It's very important we let the police do their jobs and keep our hands clean. Let's capture as much of the mob BS on film and send it it in to the legislature for viewing.

Still nothing on the committee schedule despite movement on anti2a bills in committee in the senate judiciary.

edit: Schedule updated until 3/28 on house judiciary. HB3223 and HB3265 are currently not scheduled for the next week's work session.

That leaves 92 days between 4/1/19 (presumably the first date they could schedule the bill for committee) and 6/30/19, or about 79 committee work days. I suspect if the bill doesn't get a floor vote before 6/1/19, it is probably dead. They could rush it through, but I don't see that happening based on the movement of all the other anti-2a bills like locking requirements, under 21 ban, and restricting CHL holders from airports. The democrats and kate brown will get their headline when/if the locking requirement and under 21 ban are passed.

Last Edited:
Those are the SB bills which deal with under 21 gun ban, safe storage requirement, and reciprocity. Nothing about magazine ban or AWB.
Didn't see that in the email text, Kevin actually disclosed they are not sure which bills will be heard on the 2nd... But understanding how the Judiciary Commettie has operated in the past, there won't be much of a heads up for pro-gun advocates to get there in time. From today's email:

We have received word that numerous (as of yet unidentified) anti-gun bills will be heard in Senate Judiciary on April 2.
We DO NOT have the bill numbers yet or the exact time of the hearing. We have been informed that the meeting could be moved up to 7.30 am.
Please make every effort to clear your calendar for that day. Having you in the room, whether you plan to testify or not, would make a tremendous difference.
If the past is any indication, the anti-gun side has already received a list of which bills will be heard. We will share that with you as soon as we have it.
While we do not know which bills will be heard, a complete list of the current bills is available here.
We know that most of you have jobs and other responsibilities and taking time off is a burden, but you can rest assured the other side will be bussing in people from out of state to fill the room. We need as many of you there as possible.
We will provide details as they become available.

Didn't see that in the email text, Kevin actually disclosed they are not sure which bills will be heard on the 2nd... But understanding how the Judiciary Commettie has operated in the past, there won't be much of a heads up for pro-gun advocates to get there in time. From today's email:

We have received word that numerous (as of yet unidentified) anti-gun bills will be heard in Senate Judiciary on April 2.
We DO NOT have the bill numbers yet or the exact time of the hearing. We have been informed that the meeting could be moved up to 7.30 am.
Please make every effort to clear your calendar for that day. Having you in the room, whether you plan to testify or not, would make a tremendous difference.
If the past is any indication, the anti-gun side has already received a list of which bills will be heard. We will share that with you as soon as we have it.
While we do not know which bills will be heard, a complete list of the current bills is available here.
We know that most of you have jobs and other responsibilities and taking time off is a burden, but you can rest assured the other side will be bussing in people from out of state to fill the room. We need as many of you there as possible.

There isn't a pending AWB or magazine capacity ban in the senate judiciary. Those bills are currently in the house judiciary and have not been assigned a date. We do not know which senate bills will be heard on april 2nd. You can see the entire list in the link you posted, and there currently isn't a senate AWB/Mag capacity bill.

Last Edited:
Maybe get this mailed out to all the Senators and Representative and or the newspapers with the implications? What does it mean to the citizen and society? How does can this information be helpful for policy decisions?

Maybe send this in to the Oregonian Opinion. Editorial Page along with all the major newspapers state wide? Maybe with proposed solutions so citizens can feel safe, along with getting the citizens to contact their representative and advocate against the gun bills.

If it comes with conditions with the help, then I don't consider it help. A remark about attending a 2nd amendment rights rally they wouldn't feel comfortable if certain clothing were worn or the Dixie flag displayed would be a reason for not attending. I took it for non support of the purpose. Even though it wouldn't be my choice, I surely would not oppose any thing like that, or anything one of their member might wear. It's about firearms not about flags or cloths. What other type of conditions might be requested besides that? Type of firearm next? There isn't anything unifying about setting conditions of support, and it isn't helpful to start on that road. I attempted to find out information about this group before this came about, due to a letter I had seen posted about a member meeting with an anti gun law maker. There was some information, but not a lot, with some of their doctrine, and range news. There really wasn't enough there to be pro or con as an organization. I know nothing about the pink pistols so there isn't an opinion or a voice on my part. Everyone is free to make the choice if I doesn't bother them to make sure others don't offend to have support or not. My interests only lay in pro firearms, I really haven't any interest in personality exchanges. The question of these rights being tampered with, is way too important than any other situational exchange...Let's get it done. All those who also feel this is one of the most important thing we can face in the immediate future, join in with us, or not!

^^^ like it or not, this is about the second amendment and not about abortion, Syrian asylum seekers, antifa, blm, or any other cause. Bringing in other causes is a distraction that we don't need. You may not care about how many people feel about racism, slavery and the confederacy, but many do and those symbols have meaning, the same as the nazi flag has meaning. You can wish that there there wasn't the current social link but that doesn't change the fact that there is. The press will zero in on the confederacy and our message will be lost. I know that what I'm saying can be interpreted as cowardice and capitulation and I want to be careful about our appearance. I don't want to see some guys in bondage gear and chaps without underwear at the rally either. Not that I care either way about it, I just don't want people using us as a platform for their personal campaign. I can support this rally without supporting Radian and their dislike of OFF. I'll be there in spite of their behavior. Telling me what to wear or when or to carry is not their job, and I will not comply, but I will not support symbols clearly tied to racism.

^^^ like it or not, this is about the second amendment and not about abortion, Syrian asylum seekers, antifa, blm, or any other cause. Bringing in other causes is a distraction that we don't need. You may not care about how many people feel about racism, slavery and the confederacy, but many do and those symbols have meaning, the same as the nazi flag has meaning. You can wish that there there wasn't the current social link but that doesn't change the fact that there is. The press will zero in on the confederacy and our message will be lost. I know that what I'm saying can be interpreted as cowardice and capitulation and I want to be careful about our appearance. I don't want to see some guys in bondage gear and chaps without underwear at the rally either. Not that I care either way about it, I just don't want people using us as a platform for their personal campaign. I can support this rally without supporting Radian and their dislike of OFF. I'll be there in spite of their behavior. Telling me what to wear or when or to carry is not their job, and I will not comply, but I will not support symbols clearly tied to racism.

I agree. I think this would be in our best interest to make it about guns and the 2A only. If we give the media room to call us racist, it will only be hurting our 2A fight, even if they are completely wrong.

This is spinning into something else. A member of a gun club made a statement that they wouldn't support the rally with their presence if certain items of clothing or a Dixie flag was displayed. I don't think it has anything to do with the rally purpose, and shouldn't be factor for attendance, and felt to me it was a terms being set to have support of a cause. It having not a thing to do with support of second amendment rights, a stand alone rally period, the loss of our basic second amendment rights and Bill of Rights. Basic right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.Would love to see many thousands attend, but to be held to terms for attending just seems wrong.! All those supporting your 2nd Amendment, please support by showing up if you can !!!!

This is spinning into something else. A member of a gun club made a statement that they wouldn't support the rally with their presence if certain items of clothing or a Dixie flag was displayed. I don't think it has anything to do with the rally purpose, and shouldn't be factor for attendance, and felt to me it was a terms being set to have support of a cause. It having not a thing to do with support of second amendment rights, a stand alone rally period, the loss of our basic second amendment rights and Bill of Rights. Basic right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.Would love to see many thousands attend, but to be held to terms for attending just seems wrong.! All those supporting your 2nd Amendment, please support by showing up if you can !!!!

Now that is profiling and a false assumption of the large majority of Oregon firearms owners. sounds like they been watching to much CNN . It looks like we all need to be dress in our Sunday best when in public to shake the labels that's been placed on us.

It seems obvious to me they are throwing ALL of these anti-gun bills at us at once for one reason... they want to make US pick and choose which we live with and which we don't. They know we're too busy to fight all of them. They also know it's the safe storage law and 21 and under "AWB" that is most likely to slip through. We'll all be too caught up with the most egregious of the bills which is banning practically all guns or any gun that uses over 10rd mag capacity (again practically all guns). They'll ram the former two through without consideration. Then Oregon will be on par with Washington...

Oregon needs to have a little pride and stop copying California and Washington.
This shouldn't be a race to determine which state has the worst violations of firearms 2nd amendment violations. Any violation to shall not be infringed needs to be abolished. It is a threat to our way of life, and the system of living that sets us apart from all other countries. I don't want to become like any others by membership, laws, or conformity by a life style of any other than our own. We need to cease all changes and attempts to alter the present Constitution and Bill of Rights, with any situations not covered to be determined by the Supreme Court, as the first to be consulted for decisions for those things that are listed to be under that jurisdiction. It's very wrong to have state law determine or influence opinion effects of those states that may not have addressed, or even have those same situational problems. It seems that many laws are being passed simply because others have done it, and not because of a need. There is not a doubt in my mind that California laws will be challenged in regard to firearms law. The rush to pattern them is unreal, and using under aged, who may not even own fire arms, with clergy who should be attempting to keep separate church and state, and a political party that can either take credit if it were to succeed, or be just a carrier if it fails. It appears that many attempts will be made at laws that will be questionable in hopes something will sneak through and stick. So far with all the 1000s all ready passed and on the books, not one has prevented or stopped a single crime. Gun sales have shot up to all time highs, and according to FBI reports, crime by firearms has crashed to all time lows. What is needed is crime controls.

I am not sure if anyone else has shared this, but for those of you looking for information to support writing letters or talking points, these two links are very useful.

Lots of info here, and a long read, but well referenced and easy to skip to sections you want to read more about.
This one is shorter, and more visually appealing (a good intro for novices or people who plain don't know).

Oregon needs to have a little pride and stop copying California and Washington.

ALL THREE LEFT COAST STATES ARE THE STATES OF THE LEMMINGS

were going to vote on a new law .....
what is it?
you have to vote for it first before we can tell you what it is .....
the major majority of people of the left coast voted YES

LEMMINGS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews