JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They emptied the pentane out of the plant. it will just get smooshed like the houses around it since it is just a geothermal plant. The problem is our 10x national average power cost will now go up.

I live in a cave so I'm used to the dark...:D

I thought they should of kept it running since it would probably go like bananas with the lava right there and we'd have cheep power and then when it blew it would be a great firework show. but oh well.

:p:p:p:D

so no fukushima for us

5b0636c01ae8b.jpg

The only guy that was hurt was sitting on his porch had had lava splatter on his leg. Seems.... like he should not be hanging out on his porch if lava is close enough to splatter on his porch, but what do I know.

Everyone else had plenty of warning to leave and are in shelters now. There was one family that needed a helicopter to lift them out since lava blocked the only 2 roads to their place.

That would cause steam explosions. That is happening at the crater now. the lava level drops because it is leaking out of fissures father down the volcano. The water from the water table seeps into the now empty volcano crater at the top and it causes an explosion.

Plus, if you put water on lava you get steam that is called Laze. Laze is steam plus hydrochloric acid from the sulfur dioxide gas and then bits of glass from the lava itself (think bits of obsidian). A cloud of super-heated acid with shards of glass in it. yikes

Someone did make a wall around their property with old lava rocks and it did divert flow protecting their house.
helicopter?? nahhh. look what they did on dantes peak

VIDEO: Full Interview With Darryl Clinton, "Lava Bomb" Survivor

Story about the only guy injured so far. Stayed at home even though the eruption was on his property.

"Clinton was also enjoying watching the spectacle from his lanai, with friends and family. But things took a bad turn when an explosion propelled a glob of hot rock in his direction. A lava bomb shattered his leg badly.

"It hit me as I was talking on the phone. It snapped my led in half," Clinton told reporters. "It knocked me down onto the couch, which caught on fire from the flaming rock.""

People forget that lava flying through the air is the same weight as a rock flying through the air. This is why you evacuate if lava is hitting your house.

Story about the only guy injured so far. Stayed at home even though the eruption was on his property.

"Clinton was also enjoying watching the spectacle from his lanai, with friends and family. But things took a bad turn when an explosion propelled a glob of hot rock in his direction. A lava bomb shattered his leg badly.

"It hit me as I was talking on the phone. It snapped my led in half," Clinton told reporters. "It knocked me down onto the couch, which caught on fire from the flaming rock.""

People forget that lava flying through the air is the same weight as a rock flying through the air. This is why you evacuate if lava is hitting your house.

Clintons:rolleyes:

On the bright side, his wound is instantly cauterized and his dumbass doesn't bleed out...

and here again, on the bright side, the island is now bigger, all that new land mass, think of the children.

All jerking aside, I have always been amazed and fascinated with volcanos (all massive forces of nature for that matter). This type with their lower power levels and daily eruptions literally create as they destroy. Then we've got the Mount St. Helens type, which was a baby compared to Tambora and Krakato , that makes the largest human inspired explosion look like a fart in the wind. But then, holy crap, there are the super volcanos like Yellowstone Caldera and when, not if, when it cracks off it will change everything, all of it, the entire planet as we know it will cease to exist. The Oruanui eruption of New Zealand's Taupo Volcano (about 26,500 years ago) was the world's most recent VEI-8 eruption.

Yes, exhilarating isn't it?

Yep, when mother nature clears her throat it's best to be out of her way because she don't play.

Last Edited:
On the bright side, his wound is instantly cauterized and his dumbass doesn't bleed out...

and here again, on the bright side, the island is now bigger, all that new land mass, think of the children.

All jerking aside, I have always been amazed and fascinated with volcanos (all massive forces of nature for that matter). This type with their lower power levels and daily eruptions literally create as they destroy. Then we've got the Mount St. Helens type, which was a baby compared to Tambora and Krakato , that makes the largest human inspired explosion look like a fart in the wind. But then, holy crap, there are the super volcanos like Yellowstone Caldera and when, not if, when it cracks off it will change everything, all of it, the entire planet as we know it will cease to exist. The Oruanui eruption of New Zealand's Taupo Volcano (about 26,500 years ago) was the world's most recent VEI-8 eruption.

Yes, exhilarating isn't it?

Yep, when mother nature clears her throat it's best to be out of her way because she don't play.
Imna lay in an extra can a green beans.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top