JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a5b52d369af852b477b8b762e7a6e21c.jpg

When you live on a volcano island
Good. Great weather. Beautiful lush forests abundant food and wildlife

Bad. ITS A VOLCANO!

They emptied the pentane out of the plant. it will just get smooshed like the houses around it since it is just a geothermal plant. The problem is our 10x national average power cost will now go up.

I thought they should of kept it running since it would probably go like bananas with the lava right there and we'd have cheep power and then when it blew it would be a great firework show. but oh well.

so no fukushima for us

Since the state is run by liberals I can't see why this is any problem at all. Just triple taxes on everyone. That always seems to be the liberal idea to fix EVERYTHING. They would in weeks have enough money to pay for anything they need according to their way of thinking.

Heh, you guys might know. If you look at the island and you see the past lava flows easily that are occurring along this line, where would be the best place to put up a neighborhood and a powerplant (hint, the colored circles that are currently under lava)

hmm.png

Why again build here? Oh yeah, the state wanted to make some money and sold off those well known very dangerous sites for lava to occur to developers so they could sell some homes in paradise!

Well this makes me nervous. I just invested $100K in a development company that's building high-end condos in the crater of Mt St Helens. They assured me it's a guaranteed ROI! I'm sure the fact he did business out of an old Isuzu wagon wasn't cause for concern.

In all seriousness, despite the blue politics there are a lot of good people on that island. I hope that if this volcano doesn't calm down that they are all able to remain safe.

Why can't they just pump a bunch of sea water onto the encroaching lava, hardening it and creating a lava wall barrier around the power plant?

For that matter why couldn't someone build a two or three story concrete block structure ~20' x ~20' on their property... then come back in 3 or 4 years after the eruption has stopped and the lava has hardened and be the only ones on the block with a basement for their house?

Why can't they just pump a bunch of sea water onto the encroaching lava, hardening it and creating a lava wall barrier around the power plant?

For that matter why couldn't someone build a two or three story concrete block structure ~20' x ~20' on their property... then come back in 3 or 4 years after the eruption has stopped and the lava has hardened and be the only ones on the block with a basement for their house?

I was wondering the same thing - there must be a reason they're not attempting it - maybe it's too dangerous? Or they've tried it before and it doesn't work?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews