JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everything was fine until the internet came along. Then they put it on phones and people became stupid overnight. (Of course, try not to confuse me with Einstein....:confused::rolleyes:).

The internet changed everything. I was having a beer with a Phd's from the State Hospital right after Parkland and I asked him why people were so nuts. He said it was overstimulation, said the data has been available for a long time, but nothing is ever going to happen because people "love their internet". He said he has been seeing the gradual change in patients since social media took hold of the public. Basically everyone's brain is fried.

The internet changed everything. I was having a beer with a Phd's from the State Hospital right after Parkland and I asked him why people were so nuts. He said it was overstimulation, said the data has been available for a long time, but nothing is ever going to happen because people "love their internet". He said he has been seeing the gradual change in patients since social media took hold of the public. Basically everyone's brain is fried.
I'm calling hogwarts on that. Everyone knows that if you surround a rat with display screens showing hungry cats hunting it down (Cat Theft Grotto) with the sound cranked up 18 hours a day it'll be just fine.

I notice a lot more flakes in general everywhere starting around the time smart phones came out.

I've come to the conclusion that many people bought smart phones thinking that they would make them smarter. Failing that, those same people now fear loosing their smart phones because it might make them Dumber.

While I can see the utility in <broken link removed> 's point of documenting an agreement in a text, I for one value being able to listen to a person. My flake detector is internal, not in an app.

Tide Pods, the new birth control with foaming mouth action!
This one never gets old. Lol.

tide pods.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that many people bought smart phones thinking that they would make them smarter. Failing that, those same people now fear loosing their smart phones because it might make them Dumber.

While I can see the utility in <broken link removed> 's point of documenting an agreement in a text, I for one value being able to listen to a person. My flake detector is internal, not in an app.

I prefer convos in person, I can read people much better that way, over the phone is not quite as accurate. And I don't necessarily mind the convo, but any deals need to be sealed in writing or there's no way to prove what anyone said.

I'm really surprised that people don't stand by their deals anymore.

Of course I'm still waiting on my 2 million bucks from the Nigerian Prince that some how I'm related too!

My SIL has longer hair to the point he can almost get it into a bun. This past weekend he started pulling it back to put it in a bun and I told him that if he wants to stay in the gun trust that he is to never do that EVER!!!!! :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

I think NWFA is not used to dealing with Trolls, as there are several that hit and run, and yet remain.
There is no system currently built in to solve this, reporting a post only ends in the thread being shut down, not the offender being removed. I think this invites trolls and alike as there is not repercussions for their acts. Just my opinion, and yes I think once FB removed the ability to do allot on firearms some found forums are a great way to keep their antis agenda.

I feel that I can say this without "speaking out of turn"...
There have been several trolls which have been Booted / Removed...
We are aware of them and try to get rid of them as they appear or reappear under a new Nom de guerre...:D
Andy

I feel that I can say this without "speaking out of turn"...
There have been several trolls which have been Booted / Removed...
We are aware of them and try to get rid of them as they appear or reappear under a new Nom de guerre...:D
Andy

Far be it for me to complain, I think I can name around 5 that are frequent and often that exist.
I think there is a white wash when thinking whom is breaking rules, and whom is Trolling. I have seen people booted for rule breaking. But many of the Trolls are gaining infamous status and are still here. Its just my view that understanding Trollism, and rule breakers are not always two in the same, and as mentioned there is no way a member can report said issues not really the system is setup for post issues, not member issues. Again just my perspective.

Far be it for me to complain, I think I can name around 5 that are frequent and often that exist.
I think there is a white wash when thinking whom is breaking rules, and whom is Trolling. I have seen people booted for rule breaking. But many of the Trolls are gaining infamous status and are still here. Its just my view that understanding Trollism, and rule breakers are not always two in the same, and as mentioned there is no way a member can report said issues not really the system is setup for post issues, not member issues. Again just my perspective.

While no system is or will be perfect....

You may report any post or member for any message or violation of forum rules...
If something occurs that is not covered by the reporting system...you can always PM a Mod....
It will be looked into...Much of what I do is done via PM and not seen by any , but who I am in contact with...which can appear , as if nothing is being done , to those on the open forum...but I assure you that if known....a problem will indeed be dealt with.

Also it takes some time to be sure that we have a troll. and or rule breaker..some folks just have a bad day or week...some start off on the wrong foot , but "get better"....
I for one , do not want a rep for just booting folks , left and right...

We do have a system...it does work...maybe not as fast or as sure as some would like...but it does work....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads