JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I'd plug my make model info in here and find out what size it should have that way. It's been really accurate for me. As for tires, everyone has their favorites. I'm pretty happy with BFG KO2's. They get a good grip, last a long time and can haul a load.
I do have to say that the environment I drive in is extreme and not just normal miles.

I do have to say that the environment I drive in is extreme and not just normal miles.
I'd have to agree to that statement. I used to have several reforestation accounts and tire wear was always a tough subject. Big heavy rigs driving on sharp rocks all day is not a combo for mileage. You see some terrain that most will never get to, I gotta admit I'm a bit jealous.

I don't know if dropping tire size or changing up on that vehicle is going to move the needle as much as you might want. Do you have aftermarket tuning options for your engine? An eco tune might give you more than a smaller tire.

I don't know if dropping tire size or changing up on that vehicle is going to move the needle as much as you might want. Do you have aftermarket tuning options for your engine? An eco tune might give you more than a smaller tire.
You realize he is running a 35" tire compared to a stock size right? When I went from a stock 33"(ish) tire to my current size of 35" my mileage dropped close to 14% after adjusting for diameter. The added weight and torque required to even get a tire that size going is incredible. If he's running a newer rig than a tune won't do anything other than alter the pedal characteristics. There's just not much room for power or economy remaining in newer rigs, gas or diesel. I've wasted too much money believing the advertisements and trying them.

You realize he is running a 35" tire compared to a stock size right? When I went from a stock 33"(ish) tire to my current size of 35" my mileage dropped close to 14% after adjusting for diameter. The added weight and torque required to even get a tire that size going is incredible. If he's running a newer rig than a tune won't do anything other than alter the pedal characteristics. There's just not much room for power or economy remaining in newer rigs, gas or diesel. I've wasted too much money believing the advertisements and trying them.
Your experience is different than mine. I have a Wildtrak Bronco w/ 35's that was getting 17 in eco mode. I put the Ford Performance tune on it and am getting 20 in eco now. That's significant from a simple reflash.

Oh, and I'm a former tire guy :D, worked in the tire industry for close to 17 years, I'm a turd herder now amongst lots of other responsibilities.
I'm aware. That's why I tagged you in the OP. 👍 Thanks for taking the time to chime in.

And thanks to all for the input and suggestions. I had planned on going into a tire shop, but when it comes to most things I like to have a little bit of a working knowledge from sources I trust before taking that step. I don't have the trust in "professionals" I once had. Many simply regurgitate what's printed in the mfg's brochures with no real world experience/knowledge. You also never really know if what they are telling you is entirely accurate... or... they just happen to be pushing that particular tire and brand that particular week due to overstocks, mfg incentives, or simply trying to get a bigger commission.

Unfortunately, tires is one area I really don't know the difference between diddly and squat.

Thanks!

I'd have to agree to that statement. I used to have several reforestation accounts and tire wear was always a tough subject. Big heavy rigs driving on sharp rocks all day is not a combo for mileage. You see some terrain that most will never get to, I gotta admit I'm a bit jealous.
For that kind of environment ive had good luck with Goodyear duratracs. I've been bouncing them off rocks in overloaded pickups for years. They're not the best on road tire but they are tough!

The toyo mt....I really liked the toyo m55 but they just didn't have the traction for those early spring snow drifts and mud
Great choices, those are what I sold the most of. The M55's wear like iron on pavement but traction is their shortcoming. I'm running 35" Toyo RT's right now, same casing as the MT's but not as aggressive. Haven't been too impressed with how many miles they will get though.

Great choices, those are what I sold the most of. The M55's wear like iron on pavement but traction is their shortcoming. I'm running 35" Toyo RT's right now, same casing as the MT's but not as aggressive. Haven't been too impressed with how many miles they will get though.
The worst tire I ever ran was the nitto mud grappler....6500 miles and they where shot. I normally get 15 to 20k out of the toyo mts

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top