JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you guys noticed more flaky
Type guys on here since Facebook stopped letting gun sales ? Not only in the classifieds but in general discussions?
A lot more guys that make you think humm should this guy even own a gun

I have never had a problem with anyone on here for years until about 6-8 mouths ago. when all the new guys showed up Iv had 4 no shows o_O After driving halfway to meet them

Any one else notice this?

I think that you can find the same type of people on Craigslist too. Something about being true to your word. I think that some people want to do something and will tell you that they will and change their mind; which leaves them in the position if they tell you they are backing out, there might be a confrontation they want to avoid, so they don't tell you.

I have not had that problem yet.

On a side note some of us came from a time where our word meant something and a handshake was as good or better than a signed contract. Oh ya, and we know how to TALK on the phone.

Last Edited:
Several years ago, I had a deal with a guy that taught my granddaughter hitting, she was in fast pitch softball. Anyway, this guy talked to my daughter one day and told her that he had been trying to contact me for over a month. My daughter asked him how he was trying to contact me, and he said by text. My daughter told him that I don't text; which might have been his problem.

:s0113: I've had people say "Did you get my text?" when they sent a text to my home landline! I don't think that cordless set in the house can get texts? :s0153:

I believe it all comes down to the SELLER not taking the time in qualifying a potential buyer. I believe some sellers are so hard up to sell they overlook a lot of the common 'red flags'. I would have thought with the inception of SB-941 a lot of this would have taken care of itself as a FTF sale now requires not only the FTF meetup but having both parties meet at a FFL location for the transfer which might 'weed out' the non-serious (or potential BGC fail-ee) buyers. Understand I am NOT a SB-941 supporter - I just thought a by-product of it MIGHT have been a reduction in the 'flaky' types.

Last Edited:
I have noticed an increase in flakiness in classified ads - buyers and sellers. People responding to a message with only one or two words. People taking days to respond to a PM or text. Making lowball offers when an ad clearly states 'no trades' or 'firm price'. Yeah, it seems to me to have picked up a bit more than before.

My general rule is this - no matter how we communicate, be it PM, email, text or phone (I don't care for phone calls, I prefer talking in person), I do expect reasonably quick responses - maybe a few hours, if you mention you're at work, etc. I expect that responses contain good information. If I ask you a question or two, answer those questions, don't ignore my questions and respond with something else entirely. In short, bad comms = no deal for me. My best deals always, always include good communication on both sides. If you can't do that simple thing, then we won't do business. I'm not that desperate to either sell or buy anything to put up with that kind of crap.

If I ask you a question or two, answer those questions, don't ignore my questions and respond with something else entirely. In short, bad comms = no deal for me.
Yep, pretty much how I 'roll' also. I'll look at an email or text as an 'initial' response but if anything is misspelled or out of context it usually stops right there. Same thing with a phone call - if no phone response within a reasonable amount of time its over. I am kind of 'Old School' when it comes to dealing (with anything) and that means phone conversation(s) before anything is decided on. I am also cautious when someone commits and says "I'll take it" before seeing the item. I think too many people allow themselves to be 'played' by people who are not really serious about buying anything and just waste other people's time.

I think that you can find the same type of people on Craigslist too. Something about being true to your word. I think that some people want to do something and will tell you that they will and change their mind; which leaves them in the position if they tell you they are backing out, there might be a confrontation they want to avoid, so they don't tell you.

Offer Up too. Flakes everywhere nowadays.:mad:
I let people know up front that I'm hard of hearing and will not do phone calls so if they don't want to do business with me, then fine!
No sweat off my left nut.

I've had no problems lately, but I have noticed an uptick in new members posting stupid stuff. Be vigilant guys, Vet out the seller/buyer if you can.

NWFA has no way to "police" our classified section. So it's buyer beware. :)

First, always ask this....
"If Clint Eastwood tells you to get off his lawn, what kind of firearm is he going to have trained on you ?"

If they get that right, then they're probably OK.

:)

First, always ask this....
"If Clint Eastwood tells you to get off his lawn, what kind of firearm is he going to have trained on you ?"

If they get that right, then they're probably OK.

:)

Going to be an M1 or a 1911. :p. Both of which I'd rather not be looking down the wrong side of the barrel of.

600px-GT-M1Garand-2.jpg

I've had no problems lately, but I have noticed an uptick in new members posting stupid stuff. Be vigilant guys, Vet out the seller/buyer if you can.

NWFA has no way to "police" our classified section. So it's buyer beware. :)

As I think you are alluding to, it does seem to go beyond the classifieds. Thankfully, I have my service mole to see me though these trying times. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top