JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, served by an old country German hunter that used the nuts and inside loins off our mule deer, porcupine, stellar's jay and some various part of a coyote (per him anyway) in a stew that was so heavily laced with garlic and onion, salt and pepper that it wouldn't have mattered what was in it, you couldn't have tasted it anyways.

I've killed quite a few coyotes, especially when they had a bounty on them. But, never eaten one and would have to be very hungry to even try, I mean about to die hungry. Just skinning one will make you loose your appetite for quite awhile.

I would like to eat wolf. Those huge ones that are taking most of the Deer and Elk in ID and MT.
I do like to stick to Biblical Dietary wisdom because ... well ... it is wisdom.
However since it isn't a spiritual law that has effect on my spiritual condition ...
I would harvest most any meat that was worth the salt and seasoning to eat.

Had parasites from Elk before. Had them from Salmon and other things as well. (Probably Pig ... mybad.)
Parasites can make you pretty sick and have weird symptoms.
You just have to know how to get rid of them and make sure it is part of your med kit.

If you don't want parasites ... good luck ... wash your veggies in food grade hydrogen peroxide.
(And keep your dog and cat away from your mouth. They lick the uncomely parts.)

A good friend of mine has eaten dog overseas before and wants to try Coyote...Personally I will pass. However, if hungry enough I would eat any fresh or known kill

A couple buddies want to go coyote hunting this weekend. I think I'd like to see what it's like to eat a bit, and I'd feel a lot better about the kill. I'm curious to hear from people who have had it (or haven't, and why).

I would never eat coyote unless it was all I had. If you want to "feel good" about it, kill as many as you can and go deer hunting next season. The fawns you see might be ones you saved.

Does that make the old camel toe off limits? LOL

Probably. I've always found biblical food laws interesting.....I get where they are coming from but pork is good eatin'. Biblical sex laws are also interesting. Camel toe as fare is likely verboten too....those bible writer guys were somewhat puritanical about the do's and don'ts involving sex too. I know that the U.C.M.J. as well as many states still have laws against eating camel toe. They seem to think it's immoral.
It may be...but I eat what I pork and pork what I eat. Leave the lights on too.

Probably. I've always found biblical food laws interesting.....I get where they are coming from but pork is good eatin'.
Pork is good, but it is hard to dispute the health issues (Trichinosis, tapeworm, and Cysticercosis) are common in cultures that eat pork. While Trichinosis can be controlled through thoroughly cooking it, tapeworm and its related brain disease, Cysticercosis, can't be cooked out (although Cysticercosis requires poor living conditions allowing pigs to access human feces; still very common in south and central America). Anyway, while I love bacon as much as the next guy, I can't fault the reasoning behind the religious restriction.

Another interesting one is the seafood restriction. Many people don't even know this one, but the Old Testament requirement is not to eat anything from the sea which doesn't have both fins and scales. I have personally known someone that died from eating bad shelfish, so I understand this restriction, but life would be much less enjoyable without crab / lobster / shrimp, etc.

If you have ever seen a cow that's been dead for a week and has been "chewed" on by coyotes then you will know why I say "Hell No!". They usually start eatin their way in from the softest parts of a cow which is always right under the tail!.....:s0001:....:s0002:..

They are just undersized wolves and have actually killed people.. recently a 19 year old Canadian girl was killed by a pair of them

The wife and grandson about five years old then, were in the lower field. There were four or so coyotes in a pack lingering, well hidden in the six foot tall canary grass just fifty yards away. I watched her English Mastiff charge them and thought it was over for the dog given the odds. They ran in every direction, like thieves being shot at for the first time. He actually caught and Killed one in the timber up on the North slope. No mistaken its death cry. I was surprised to see him come back alive.
Destructive and dangerous for sure but no match for Jack, he never knew he was suppose to be fat and lazy. What a dog - once in a lifetime.
I would bet he ate the dam thing. The worse it stunk the better he liked it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top