JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple buddies want to go coyote hunting this weekend. I think I'd like to see what it's like to eat a bit, and I'd feel a lot better about the kill. I'm curious to hear from people who have had it (or haven't, and why).

I've not yet been that hungry. Back in Missouri they're a nuisance animal and have killed several of my family member's pets. I never feel bad about putting down a 'yote.

Eaten dog overseas but not coyotes. I suggest that if you do try it dice it small, cook it thoroughly (scavenger at times) and season it heavily. Good luck!

Also, a nice presentation makes any meal taste better! "The feast of the eyes is more than half of the pleasure!"

Last Edited:
I've gone 5-6 days without eating. Thought about stealing a little kid's food at the beach when his back was turned. Also considered dumpster diving or even eating insects, but a Coyote? Bleech!

The following are videos of a guy from ar15 dot com eating some not usually eaten animals. He took pictures of the hanging animals and butchering them but I didn't want to copy and paste all those so...

coyote;

bobcat;

Fox;

I've never tried tried it. I heard it was similar to venison but most people I knew killed them for the hide or because they were being a pest.

No but I have considered the lambs killed and left behind in my field. At times it seams they enjoy just killing. Once they start many sheep and lambs can be left to waist with broken necks.
Don't to feel sorry for them Joe When hungry I would lay odds they would kill a calf.

I reckon I'd do it if I were hungry enough. It would probably be the best meal in the world after living caveman style for 6 or 8 months in a lean to after the economy collapses and I lose my house, possessions, electricity, etc. Sorry about the run on sentence, it's 3:50 a.m.

P.S. Mountain lion is delicious. " Cougar ! The Other White Meat ! " " Coyote ! It's What's For Dinner ! "

I have read coyotes will eat things that will make a Vulture vomit I don't think I'll be eating coyote anytime soon. Because one day I watched a vulture eating a skunk that I shot and it sat in 90° weather for four days before it decide to eat it. It would comeback every day and check on it before it ate it. And a coyote will eat things that will make a vulture vomit ugh!

No, we keep the biblical food laws and one of them is anything that "spreads the toe" is verboten

Those laws were written with our health in mind

No but I have considered the lambs killed and left behind in my field. At times it seams they enjoy just killing. Once they start many sheep and lambs can be left to waist with broken necks.
Don't to feel sorry for them Joe When hungry I would lay odds they would kill a calf.

They are just undersized wolves and have actually killed people.. recently a 19 year old Canadian girl was killed by a pair of them

Hind leg, remove the bone, dice, flour, season, sear, deglaze pan (google it), add more wine, beef stock, diced root vegetables, simmer over medium heat 4-6 hours. Serve with a starch, beverage of choice and take pics.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top