JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Parasites and tapeworms are common in all wild game.
Freeze wild game down to -4 degrees for a minimum of 4 days before eating or processing
coyote Sausage I also use this for Nutria

2 pounds coyote meat
1 pound pork meat
10 1/2 ounces potato, peeled
2 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons Enola's Secret Seasoning (or Creole Seasoning)
1 teaspoon sage

Ground coyote and pork with potato. Add all other ingredients; mix well. If using bar-b-que pit to smoke, build fire on one side of pit. Place sausage on the other side of pit; this will allow smoke to get to sausage without cooking too fast. If you have used bacon fat, put on your fire. This will create lots of smoke. This will take less time to get a good smoke taste. Let sausage smoke 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn; let smoke 1 hour, then remove from pit and let cool.

Makes 4 pounds, 5 ounces.

ENOLA'S SEASONING RECIPE

4 tablespoons salt
5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons ground red pepper
3 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in zip-lock bags or jars.

I had, the texture was like lamb meat but without the horrible lamb smell. The skin is the best part. Nothing big deal about it, just cook it like lamb meat. Make sure put ginger in it to bring out the flavour

I live on the wild side, but wylie hasn't crossed my lips.Over the past 70 decades, I've eaten/tasted porcupine, nutria, alligator, bear, snails, raw clams and oysters, both kinds of fresh beaver and a few barnyard produced edibles like rocky mountain oysters. For those of you who might not be aware, your free range barnyard chickens love to root their peckers in their neighbor's fresh droppings. YUMMM!!

Call me old fashioned or daring, but over the last 7 decades I have eaten alligator, turtle, porcupine, nutria, jack rabbit, shad and shad roe, along with bear, and both the 2 legged and 4 types of beaver. Add to that, a goodly share of snails, clams and all 3 types types of raw oysters, including the noted rocky mountain type.
OK, for those of you who would say yuck, remember that those free range chickens love nothing better than to sample each others' juicy droppings. By the way, have I put you off your feed yet?? Ok wylie, you're next.

Call me old fashioned or daring, but over the last 7 decades I have eaten alligator, porcupine, nutria, jack rabbit, shad and shad roe, along with bear and both the 2 legged and 4 legged beaver. Add to that, a goodly share of snails, clams and both types of raw oysters, along with the noted rocky mountain type cooked slow in fresh butter.
Oh yeah, for those of you who might say yuck, remember that those free range chickens you've come to love, like nothing better than to sample each others' juicy droppings.
By the way, have I put you off your feed yet?? Ok wylie, you're next.
Done.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads