JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Nagant can be purchased for about $120 but if it is a 1939, perhaps it is a little more rare but I doubt it is that much more. And the Luger, if it is really from 1916, I believe that those are going from $800 to $2500 based on year and condition. For that it might be good to get it appraised from a couple of sources.

if the ammo is factory stuff,I"d offer it with the guns for a seperate price 1st,then just sell it later if that buyer wishes to pass on it.
Any reloaded ammo i'd sell ftf as 'components only' .

"If the person who's selling them isn't going to sell them on gunbroker, then they may as well sell them here or on some other gun forum because gun shops, pawn shops, etc aren't going to pay anything close to the values you put on them."

Very much I would first try a local firearms website. Face to face means you can check ID's and determine if the guy is shaking badly in need of his next fix. Meet at your bank and handle the payments with security. Provide a simple bill of sale with carbon paper copy. Fill it out and sign it. You will need that for the estate. If the buyer won't sign nothin or ID themselves, NO SALE.

Anything of particular collector value should be listed on such as ARMSLIST for nationwide best market coverage. It adds cost for FFL infringements but it is the only way to "legally" protect the estate. I use local posts for most items, but Worldwide net sites for the cream of the crop.

I am very comfortable selling in any manor if the CC ID of the person is available either face to face or via scanned legible pix. It means they have searched their arrest and mental institution background and found NO VIOLATIONS or loony toons events. It is another infringment, but in this case provide a good benefit to the People.

A pawn shop would give you next to nothing for the ammo. Right now there is a run on ammo in all the stores. If you can sell it here you'll get top dollar for it right now. Check some of the ads in the ammo classifieds here on this board. You'll get a good idea what it's worth these days. If any of it is really antique you might ask here how to price it. Some of those old obsolete cartridges can go for a few dollars a round (e.g. .38 Rimfire).

While prices can vary place to place and person to person, the best place to start is the Blue Book of Gun Values. It will show you how to grade them with color pictures and show prices of variations from an experts point of view. Many gun stores have one sitting on the counter for patrons to peruse.

I'm amazed at the level of help I've received on this board. She has decided to use this board to post these for sale. I'm going to take detailed pics and list them individually. I will likely have it done by next week.

The .38 special, bulldog, ruger .22, and maybe the python will probably be gone by the time I put them up. Otherwise, I think the rest will still be available.

On another note, this lady has lots of ammo too. Is that legal to sell as well? Is that something I could just take to pawn shop. I haven't seen any of it, but I would guess it to be between 5 to 20 years old and would accommodate the lot of pistols listed along with a lot of rifles that I haven't even started on.

There is no problem in selling the ammo. some of the pistols have ammo that is not all that readily available (like the CZ52...used to be you could find eastern European surplus 7.62X25mm everywhere..now not quite so easy to do. Might want to sell soem of the ammo with the gun it goes with.

On the Smith & Wesson revolvers open up the cylinder and look inside the crane for model numbers stamped in there. Include the dash numbers (ex. Mod 10-5). If you PM me some S&W serial numbers I can give you details from the S&W book & their values (which are usually lower than what the market actually is in this area).

The one marked "S+W 38 Special" with ivory grips, priced at $250, is probably priced a little low (5th down in photo). It is pinned and has the original box which makes it a little more desireable. It also has the heavy barrel. The photo isn't great but it looks like the bluing is pretty nice and the cylinder drag mark pretty minimal. I'd gladly give you $350 for it if you will ship it to an Oregon dealer for me. :D

On the Smith & Wesson 44 I don't see the 4th screw. It would be in front of the trigger guard. It might still be overpriced at $1200 but I don't think we have enough information.

Hello Everyone, I finally got do a proper photo shoot for the lot. I haven't edited them yet, but I should have large detailed images with stamps and markings visible. Also, a bunch of rifles are added. Mostly fair-grade mid-century military stuff. No assault rifles or anything. Think M1.

Anyway, to the point. I want to sell them on this forum. And I hate to even ask this question, because the answer is probably painfully obvious. But, after an hour of looking, I can't find where I would list these on this forum. Can someone gimme a link? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you could take the Luger to The Gun Room, in Portland and he would offer you $150:s0114:

I was there a couple of decades ago, when he paid $300 bucks for a very nice one, from an unsuspecting woman.

So, editing these pictures is taking longer than I thought as I have to do it when I can find time away from my real job. I hope to start listing them on Monday. In the meantime, I have the high detail pics of the Luger which seemed to have the most questionable valuation. I put it at $800. It has the original holster with an extra clip and a key of some sort. Here is a link. It will take some time to download as it is a large file. It will likely download in a small form, but if you click on the image, it will enlarge. Any input on the accuracy of my valuation?

<broken link removed>

Here is a preview image.

LUGER2.jpg

LUGER2.jpg

It's a 1916 Erfurt Luger,

commonly available, but very worth having a gun appraiser look at it.

here is some linkage.....
Erfurt Lugars....

You can see the wide variation in price but you do have the holster and take down key. Condition is everything, have it checked out before selling would be my advice....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top